Krakow 6-8th August 2010

The Krakow Event - before and after
SuzanneT

Re: Krakow 6-8th August 2010

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi Krakow and SK,
I live near the Polish border in the Czech Republic and we got about 200 kilometers, so if I have the opportunity, so like come next year ;-) I wish you every success in the big event .. and if I could somehow help you, feel free to contact me :idea: .. and you arrange a meeting in Polish :!:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Gypsy_Wife

Post by Gypsy_Wife »

Marisha wrote:hello Liverpool Ken, you say you are from a port city. which city is it?

Just curious

Marisha
This is just an educated guess, but I'm thinking he might be from the hometown of the Beatles, the port city of Liverpool.
Here's to the few
who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
Gypsy_Wife

Post by Gypsy_Wife »

Mirek,

I am glad to see they have elected you the spokesman. The possibility of visiting the hometown of Pope John Paul ii, Krakow, in August of 2010 is exciting. I am looking forward to seeing the group again, sadly Edmonton was not as well attended as I had hoped.
Here's to the few
who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

Hey Gypsy !! I'm home now...it was GREAT to see you in L.A. and to meet your beautiful daughter Leah !!!
I really want to go to Krakow, too...but if wishes were horses, I'd be riding!!
Nonetheless, I too, have a Nowa Huta story. It comes from the biography of John Paul II by whatshisname, the famous John Paul scholar. (too lazy to look it up.)
Seems the communist government was trying to discourage people from attending churches by converting them to other usage, while discouraging the building of new ones. They wanted the people to be happy little workers who'd worship the state and be grateful for their jobs in the steel plant. So John Paul, who was then the Bishop of Krakow, just held masses in a big field, and the number of attendees kept growing and growing into the thousands (the seeds of the Solidarnosc movement were beginning here) until finally the local government had to give in and grant permits to build a new church. When it was built, the gigantic crucifix over the altar was made of steel, which the steel workers had --ah--"liberated" from the factory.
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

I am looking forward to this wonderous event and will make every effort to attend. I have been to Prague in the past and I am led to believe, Krakow is a cultural and desirable place to visit. My Polish friend in Bangor, has urged me to go.

Best wishes.

Georges.
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
don

Post by don »

Hey, folks!
The North American tour is over, and that means that those of us on this side of the pond will start turning our attention to getting together with everyone in Krakow.

Any idea when registration will be open?
d.
Don Cummer
Ottawa, Canada/Dublin, Ireland
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

In October I believe - as much I heard, the idea is to start just after the European tour finishes (which is September 24), because until then *we* are occupied :D
stan

Post by stan »

My wife and i were planning to go to Krakow next March, i have told her those dates are booked and the only available ones left are August, {i think she will understad}GULP. :lol:
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

stan wrote:My wife and i were planning to go to Krakow next March, i have told her those dates are booked and the only available ones left are August, {i think she will understad}GULP. :lol:
You could go in March and stay until August
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
stan

Post by stan »

Ha Ha, if i tried that, i think i would be stopping by myself and not being able to return to my house that would be sold and no wife insight.{ but im thinking about it} :?:
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
paola2

Post by paola2 »

Hi, I'm Paola from Italy and I would like (I want) to be in Krakow for the next meeting. But, what must I do now? Somebody tolds to me that there is too much peaple who want to come.... please please tell me I'm on time. I want to come!!! Have I to pay for inscripion??
Thanks for answer!! Paola
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The registration is not open yet - but soon will be. We will announce it everywhere, so you sinmply can't miss it!
However, the number of participants has to be limited to 300 because of the size of the venue. This means that
after we have 300 registrations, the doors will be closed. It will be a good idea to register early! 200 first
participants will even receive a special gift, Leonard's limited edition book of art, donated by him to the Events.
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
paola2

Post by paola2 »

thanks Jarkko, Anna told to me that it was too late, but in every other Event I remember there was an announcement, so I'll take a look on your site every day and every night!!!! Last concerrt in Venice was so magic, I'll need, after Barcelona (my last L.C. concert in 2009) I'll need I repeat, to share my love with your- :D
dar

Post by dar »

I'm also looking forward to the Krakow Event in 2010. So nice to see some of the folks I got to see in Edmonton and past events popping in to this thread...gypsywife, Laura, liptrot, et al.

Best of luck to the committee as the event prepares to enter it's registration, promotional, and marketing phase. This event will "sell" itself...amazing venue, old and new friends, wonderful Cohen connections, and always some great surprises too!

See you all there.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

dar wrote:I'm also looking forward to the Krakow Event in 2010. So nice to see some of the folks I got to see in Edmonton and past events popping in to this thread...gypsywife, Laura, liptrot, et al.

Best of luck to the committee as the event prepares to enter it's registration, promotional, and marketing phase. This event will "sell" itself...amazing venue, old and new friends, wonderful Cohen connections, and always some great surprises too!

See you all there.
Hi Dar
It will be great to meet up with you again in Kracow . Rest asured we will be there ! Still playing the Kris Kistoferson vinyl !
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”