LC for a wedding?

Debate on Leonard Cohen's poetry (and novels), both published and unpublished. Song lyrics may also be discussed here.
pmsaari

Post by pmsaari »

hmmm - how about that one that starts

This is for you
it is my full heart
it is the book I meant to read to you
when we were old

I can't remember the rest (just those lines 'cause I loved them so much) - I should really go and see if it's appropriate. lol
Zabka

My vote goes to DMTTEOL

Post by Zabka »

We're playing dance me to the end of love as our "bridal waltz" thingy.

I LOVE that song, always have, and it really wraps up our relationship for me (and for heaps of others)

:)

tell us what you choose
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
emma2525

Re: LC for a wedding?

Post by emma2525 »

"
lacerta227 wrote: Tue May 13, 2003 4:58 am Help! My best freind asked me to read something at her wedding-- id really like to find something by LC that's appropriate, but I dont know where to start-- he has sooo much stuff! Can anyone suggest a poem (or even lyrics) that might be appropriate to read at a wedding ceremony? Also she's asking me to help her buy wedding dresses here. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
N--
Congratulations to your friend on her upcoming wedding! Leonard Cohen certainly has an extensive catalogue of work that could be suitable for the occasion.

One of his most well-known works is the song ""Hallelujah"", which speaks to the complexity of love and could be a great choice to set the tone of the ceremony.

Another potential option could be the poem ""A Thousand Kisses Deep"", which speaks to the beauty of a lasting relationship and the importance of cherishing each moment.

Finally, if you're looking for something a bit more humorous, his song ""The Story of Isaac"" could be a good fit. It's a whimsical take on a Biblical story, with an uplifting message about hope and faith.

No matter what you choose, I'm sure it will be a beautiful addition to the wedding celebration. Best of luck!"

Return to “Leonard Cohen's poetry and novels”