remastered series - Totally Abandoned?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
medicinejar

remastered series - Totally Abandoned?

Post by medicinejar »

A few years back we had the release of the first three LC albums remastered and I know there were plans to remaster his entire catalogue. While I was aware that plans for future remasters were delayed, I am now wondering if they have been totally abandoned? Anyone know where things stand on these?

Cheers
Phantom Stranger

Re: remastered series - Totally Abandoned?

Post by Phantom Stranger »

That is a good question to be directed at Sony's music division. Given the wild success of the world tour and no new remasters, I would speculate the project has been shelved. If Leonard's current resurgence in popularity could not get new remasters, I suspect nothing will at this point. The decline in the music industry has left some labels just shellshocked, dropping planned projects left and right. The focus for Leonard Cohen's new releases appears to be video, where Sony has released two great sets from the tour. There is the small hope the remasters might see the light of day when the new album comes out.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No new remasters under way for the time being.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
medicinejar

Post by medicinejar »

That's- too bad. I bought all three remasters that were released a few years back and was looking forward to updating my library as they released the rest. Thanks for the updates!
jerry

Post by jerry »

I always thought that all of Leonard's cds sounded pretty good to begin with. So I'm not that dissapointed that the remasters are on hold. Now a box set loaded with rarities would be nice but that probably won't happen either.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen

Return to “News”