I'll suppose go first I suppose..

This is for your own works!!!

Post by Guest »

But thank goodness some of us don't take anything at all seriously!
PoetryCop

Post by PoetryCop »

Everett Wade:

What's really sad is a young pup like yourself describing the greatest satirest of the 18th century as a writer of "nice litl childrens (sic) rhymes".

Poetry Cop
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

What's even sadder is that someone didn't adequately/appropriately credit their sources....instead apparently preferred to [at least] border on plagiarism...the pinnacle of literary crime.
Kush

Post by Kush »

>>>>greatest satirest of the 18th century

So what ? Are we s'posed to be in awe of it ??
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good point, Kush....and since when can't satirists write in litl children's verse and have it referred to as such by others?
Everett Wade

Post by Everett Wade »

Hahaha... I don't know of any 18th century "satirests"...
Perhaps you meant satirists?
So.... would that make you a "plagiarest"?
;)
"Where critics marked your former faults.
The trivial turns, the borrowed wit,"
You would do well to take your own advice =).
Ev
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yep, I agree, Ev. Gentility goes a long way. Harshness runs into brick walls and concrete abutments.
~Lizzytysh
PoetryCop

Post by PoetryCop »

CYBERSPACE JOURNAL

POETRY COP ATTACKED
ASSAILANTS FLEE SCENE

Officer PC, while working undercover, was suddenly and violently attacked Sunday by three assailants. The officer was engaged in a 'sting' operation designed to expose the ignorance of the criminal element of the population.

Poetry Cop, speaking from the hospital, stated; "I was accosted by the juvenile deliquent, Everett Wade, who began to berate me for taking my job 'seriously'. Wade became increasingly agitated and incoherent, saying, he had never heard of any 18th century satirists. Which is odd since Judge Swift had just sentenced him to 30 days in jail."

"Wade then attacked me with his little fists," marvelled Officer PC. "As I was fending him off, two of his gang ran in and began to pistolwhip me. I recognized one of the assailants immediately as the notorious Lizzytysh, currently out on bail and awaiting trial for hijacking."

"She accused me of hiding behind my badge and committing the 'pinnacle of literary crime'." Poetry Cop shook his head sadly, "It seems she doesn't realize educated folks have no need for every literary allusion to be footnoted."

The third member of the gang, KUSH, has never been known to associate with criminals. Officer PC admitted he was surprised by her vitriolic speech. "KUSH jeered that she was not in awe of Judge Swift, sarcastically saying; 'So What'. Then she landed a left uppercut."

"The last thing I remember before being kicked unconscious," recalled Poetry Cop, "was Lizzytysh shouting; 'Harshness runs into brick walls'."

Asked if he would continue his work as an officer of the law, Poetry Cop replied with a firm "Yes". With a glint in his eye Officer PC said, "My head is bloody but unbowed." He added, "I have sworn to defend the Commonwealth against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."

"And besides, he added drily, it amuses me."
Dr. Seuss

Post by Dr. Seuss »

PoetryCop,

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Kush

Post by Kush »

Ha...that's good PoetryCop ! Keep em' coming !!
By the way, Kush is 'he' rather than 'she'....last time I checked !!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, I agree on their amusing quality, as well as their overall consistency of perspective. May Judge Jonathon Swift [oh, it wasn't him?] include in his sentencing against your perpetrators restitution for replacement of your dictionary, previously always used for spelling, i.e. to wit "drily" vs. dryly. It's tough being a P.C., isn't it?
~Lizzytysh

Always amazes me how some consider themselves above even the commonest of courtesy laws.....despite all the "yes, ma'am[s], no ma'am[s]; yes sir[s], no sir[s]" upon approach ~ soon into the interaction, the pushes seem to quickly give ways to the shoves. Perhaps restricting oneself to the realms of the educated would alleviate any and all plagiaristic concerns. What special privilege[s] do the educated have in the areas of copyright?
MinistryofLiterature

I'll suppose go first I suppose

Post by MinistryofLiterature »

What is going on here?

I, Mr. Simile N. Metaphor, Minister of Literature, did not authorize any officers to conduct an investigation of miscreant poets. If someone has a complaint, this office acts as an ombudsman, and will issue fines to persons who engage in the highly prohibited act of unlawful, and poorly written poetry.

I am appalled at the audacity of an officer to take justice into his own hands, especially when he only has an eighth grade education.

He will be severely reprimanded and will face criminal charges, as well.

Regards,
Simile N. Metaphor, D. Litt.,
Minister of Literature
johann

Post by johann »

"MinistryofLiterature"

Ev, is this the best you can do????

Take some advice - Stick to poetry.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Naahhh, that's not Ev.
~Lizzytysh
johann

Post by johann »

So, it's you Lizzytysh?

What I mean to say is, one should never try to copy another writer's style (or joke). One will only suffer in the comparison. And one will be judged to be at best, secondrate. And at worst, a fool.

I have learned this by sad experience.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”