This section is for all other music-related topics
Kush

Four legends, two on earth and two.....

Post by Kush »

Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

It nice to be able to still see them in the worlds music arcive that Youtube
has become.
But it's sad that they are leaving us one by one,Waylon and Johnny have already left us and the others are getting older.Will we ever get anything
like them,i doubt it.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yesterday I bumped into Johnny Cash's clip I wa sunaware of, for "God's Gonna Cut You Down" on German MTV. It was great (of course, not awesome like clip for "Hurt"). He didn't appear even in a single picture in the clip, only famous people singing (lip-synch) his lyrics while we hear the song. I recognised few actors, Bono, I think Iggy Pop, Patti Smith... Nice tribute.

It's also on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrZZ-MxIbeA

tom
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I read now that the clip is only now released (November 14, 2006), directly on YouTube, and includes 36 musicians and actors:

Dennis Hopper; Justin Timberlake; Corinne Bailey Rae; Amy Lee; Chris Martin; Brian Wilson; Shelby Lynne; Patti Smith; Kanye West; Johnny Depp, Kris Kristofferson; Jay-Z; Iggy Pop; Sir Peter Blake; Sheryl Crow; Keith Richards; Sharon Stone; Terrence Howard; Kate Moss; Bono, Flea, Q-Tip, Adam Levine, Chris Rock, Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee, Dixie Chicks, Mick Jones, Anthony Kiedis, Travis Barker, Lisa Marie Presley, Kid Rock; Billy Gibbons, Brandon Flowers, Graham Nash, Rick Rubin and Owen Wilson

>>> http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 62,00.html

(with YouTube video included!).
Anne

Post by Anne »

It was released on tv like most music videos. I admit, I saw it on an American Country Music Station. I don't know why they don't replace that station with a canadian one here, but they don't, and they promoted as the World premiere of the video before they played it. That video made me miss him even more.

Return to “Other music”