Ftp setup.

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Bring it! As we're going with car, I think I'll took my laptop in any case. Don't know should I load it with shows:-)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Margaret and Tom,

I found a friend who will probably be able to copy the dvd "Tibetan book..." a few times for me before I will have the honnour to meet you all in Berlin.
I'll bring them along!

See you later,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hello,

Just got back from a few days at the Belgian coast (North sea) and I've got bad news: my friend didn't copy the dvd like I asked. So I'll just bring the original for you guys, Margaret and Tom.

Sorry for this,
See you in Berlin (I'm packed and ready to go),
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Have uploaded Kari Hesthamars interview with Leonard from january 2006.
A bit of norwegian and english.Around 45min in good quality.
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Have uploaded to the Ftp site the interview with Leonard that was broadcasted 25.09 on
norwegian tv.The interview is done in Leonards kitchen at his home in
Montreal.Leonard talks a bit about the court case,about the song Hallelujah,
the “lust”that fades,religion and Mount Baldy.Also he talks about drinking
red wine.I have not edited the program much so there is also some talking
in Norwegian.Maybe some Scandinavians would like to see all of it.
It lasts for about 20 min.I had to reduce the quality to VCD or the upload
would have taken over 7 hours.The file I have called Leonard Interview
NRK-TV.VCD.and is in the Interviews folder.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,

I uploaded the audio file I recorded of the documentary by Dave Fanning.
It's in the "interview" folder:
ftp://homedev.org/pub/incoming/interviews/

LC documentary - with Dave Fanning (Sept 25, 2006 - RTÉ Radio 1, Drivetime with Dave Fanning) - 58'10''.MPE

Bye,
Maarten

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh my, Maarten ~ I'm having a difficult time concentrating on my work... sitting at my desk, listening to this exquisitely beautiful interview of Leonard. The way that Leonard selects his thoughts and words, to configure his amazing answers is what for most would end up amounting to ordinary, everyday questions and answers... but with his answers, not even remotely so.

Listening to "Suzanne" and "Famous Blue Raincoat" in their entirety instead of the typical sound clips that get inserted into interviews 8) ! I'm enjoying this immensely and my reaction, once again, from deep in my heart is, "G~d, I love this man..."

I'm going to check to see if I can get this downloaded from here onto a disk.

Thanks for making this available for us :D .

~ Lizzy
mrstocks

Post by mrstocks »

Back from holiday !!

Just checking if all is working oki, i havent done anything as adminstration on the ftp.

Looks ok.

Last thing, if there is trouble msn me, oliver_stocks_9@hotmail.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This segment is just brilliant 8) , Maarten :D ... I desperately want it on cd to share with others. The upcoming "Who By Fire" by John McKennon[?] film sounds fantastic... lucky, you folks in Ireland and thereabouts. Now Nick Cave, with his "I'm Your Man" commentary in its original context, which has much greater humility than the filmed snippet gives it. [I had to stop listening, for work purposes, and have now been catching up.]

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Tom ~

Do you still have "Tibetan Book of the Dead" on your/my list? I know it was there originally, but who knows what's happened with my wishes in the interim... :wink:

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I don't know that I've ever heard Leonard speak with such openness and passion about his songs, as well as his life, and the world we live in, as he's doing in this interview :shock: 8) :D !!! Super anecdotes from callers, too ~ this is really an amazing segment!

~ Lizzy
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

I observe that this TFP does not work :( . Thanks to it I have downloaded a lot of interesting things that I have added to my collection.

Among other jewels: the concert Sydney 2005, Dublin 2006 and interesting interviews, as that one of KCRW that includes the new rare songs: Puppets and Book of Longing. Extraordinary.

It is curious to observe the interest of this channel of television for Cohen. Well it's curious in general the interest of the Nordic countries.

Espen Lind, Kurt Nilsen, Alejandro Fuentes and Askil Holm sing the splendid Hallelujah that Philvilly contributed. (Alejandro Fuentes does not look like a very Norwegian name.)

It has been a very interesting initiative and I hope we could find another similar site.

Thanks to everybody! :wink:
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Indeed, FTP server is down!

I hope that Mr. Stocks did not give up his idea...
woody

Post by woody »

anyone know whats happen to this?
isn't this the 2nd lc ftp to disappear. it's a shame it would be great to have a collective online trading community ala what goes on with bob dylan and tom waits. LC deserves it more than anyone else in music.
woodstock69

Post by woodstock69 »

hi there
do you all know what are Hubs?
there exists a little fine programm called DC++
now there is a better version called BCDC++

A Hub is a online community where you can downlaod from ech other but must be registered most they trade lossless stuff

pherhaps someone knows
http://www.bootlegarchive.com
or
http://www.echoeshub.com

if you have any questions how to make a Hub don´t ask me i know something but not everything ;) :)
just ask marooned
his email: echoeshub@yahoo.com

thanks
amadeus
remember mahatma gandhi

The Boots Of The Grateful Dead

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”