South Wales get-together 15th July 2006

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Tim

Post by Tim »

Diane wrote:200 miles is a long way. How many miles is it for you, Tim?

Diane :D
oops, missed this post earlier. It would be a 170 mile round trip for me, but probably over 200 miles for the weekend if I decide to do something daft like stay overnight and go up to Hay-on-Wye or somewhere the next day. You're all worth it though!

Tim
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Tim,

Well, ahem, it is about a 15 minute walk for me to get to the pub.

Unfortunately I will be mountain biking on the Sunday and won't be able to join you on your trip to Hay if you decide to go. Just incase you're interested, I highly recommend anyone visiting South Wales to stop at the National Mining Museum (Big Pit) at Blaenavon. It's on the way, sort of, from Bridgend to Hay and it gives a fascinating and moving insight into the history of mining in the South Wales Valleys. It won an arts award last year:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4582869.stm

Can't wait to see everyone on the 15th!

Diane
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

Decisions, decisions - I may be going to Wrexham to watch Liverpool in a Pre Season Friendly (Decisions, decisions)
To err is human
To forgive is against government policy

JTS
Diane

Post by Diane »

Well, John, we will miss you if you don't come, and Tim is driving a long way to be with us here in South Wales, and you've missed the last couple of meets. Not that I'm trying to influence your decisions or your decisions... :wink:

Diane
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Hi
I take it the time and venue are the same. See you next Saturday.

Wendy
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Wendy!

Yes they are! I've emailled you. See you Saturday.

Diane :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Such a shame about John. Being the middle of July I was looking forward to finding out if "john the shorts" is thus named because of the garments he wears or his run around the optics.
See you saturday.
Rob
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

Dear All

Bad news is that tickets for Wrexham/Liverpool are sold out, even worse news (for thr rest of you) is that I will be in Bridgend as a result.

Rob - a run around the optics - sounds like an interesting idea, I may take you up on that

:wink:
To err is human
To forgive is against government policy

JTS
Diane

Post by Diane »

It's a perfect day for donning a pair of shorts and running around the optics.

See you all later :D .
margaret

Post by margaret »

I hope it was a good turnout and you all had a great evening.

Sorry I didn't get there, but I was thinking of you all. I've been in shorts all weekend tidying my garden, a major job which is taking all summer :(

Margaret
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm looking forward to reading the report and seeing the photos 8) ~ not a shred of doubt that you all had a wonderful time :D .

~ Lizzy
Diane

Post by Diane »

Lizzy, I'll leave it to anyone else who wants to write a report. My computer is in an awkward-to-sit-at-comfortably-place right now, as everything has been moved in anticipation of the delivery of a new carpet. We simply chatted, mostly about music and Leonard, and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours. It was lovely to see Rob, Wendy and Tim again, and to meet Phil/Tsultrim for the first time! The group was small enough that we were all able to mostly be part of the same conversation 8).

Tim just emailled me the few pics he took. The one with me in has me with red eyes and my tongue sticking out :shock: :roll: . So I have just asked him to please not post it here :wink: . I'll make a big effort to finally get myself in the BL gallery instead. There's a nice pic I took of everyone else with Tim's camera, though...

John, did you manage to get tickets for the game after all? We missed you.

Margaret, we missed you too, but it would have been a long way to drive. Far nicer for you to be in your garden than in the car in this hot weather.

See you again soon, friends!

Diane
Tim

Post by Tim »

I'm not posting a report either yet! It's too late in the evening (or technically, early on Monday morning), and I've had a long, and full, day. I will post a link to a couple of pictures though... great to see everyone there!

Tim

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v316/ ... /Bridgend/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

All being part of the same conversation... now that's a treat 8) !

At least those two are nice photos. Thanks, Tim. Looking forward to the rest.. and even though I believe there's something that can be done about your red eyes, I don't think there's a thing to do about your tongue sticking out, Diane :lol: . Perhaps, you'll send it to me privately, just for laughs :wink: .

I guess the report is up to you then, Tim... or maybe Wendy :) .

~ Lizzy
tsultrim

bridgend

Post by tsultrim »

I'd just like to say thanks for inviting me along on Saturday night, had a fab time. You made me think long and deep about coming to Berlin, but i dont think i can manage it just yet. However, Dublin looks very interesting!!!!

Return to “Other gatherings”