I want my Squidgy back!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bee

Post by bee »

Lizzytish wrote
Thanks for your vote of confidence regarding my not needing the defense of others. I agree on that. I wasn't looking for people to 'take my side,' as I already know some who agree, and that's fine, and they don't need to express it here. I'm not looking to rally a vote. I'm simply observing and commenting upon one being informally registered.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Expressed tally so far ~ " Bashing Lizzy
": [/quote
black list

YdF- :twisted:

bee :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Laurie [based on previous comments]
Linda
Tom
Joe [based on interpretation of not being "as brave" as Tom, regarding speaking out on recent, ongoing events, and the content of that speaking out]
Tchocolatl
Kush [very uncertain on that one ~ paraphrased "just ride out the storm and rise above it" doesn't really suggest support, as much as advice]

Not that I would have expected some of the tally to have weighed in any differently than they did on it . As in any 'election,' of course, there were some surprizes. That's politics for ya
[/color]. [/b][/[/b]quote][/quote] :roll: :roll:[/b]
[i
]~Lizzy
bee
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

hey, what a thread I just came across!

such a great day yesterday as Barnet are drawn away to Manchester United in the Carling Cup, a really good film last night called History of Violence, then this crap.

Lizzy you are a target for some sad and disruptive tossers.

Bee I had never "noticed" before her (presume female, don't know) posts on the sculpture thread. I found her posts interesting and she is obviously intelligent, I was then surprised to see some unpleasant hostility towards you and I presume there is history between you.

Laurie is intelligent and extremely nice but you two don't click.

Joe is intelligent and extremely nice and I think you may have misinterpreted his posts on this. That is easily understandable as you must feel under siege.

I don't know Tchocolati or Kush.

YDF is a recidivist tosser, his views are not important, his sole purpose is masturbatory.

Lizzy, I don't have time to read this whole Squidgy thing, but if the worst you did was show out your genuine concern in a way that was too demonstrative or showy for some delicate souls here, then sod 'em.
Nan

Post by Nan »

I don't understand these people who claim they haven't "read the whole thread" in question and yet make pronouncements on everyone who's posted in that same thread. Weird.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Nan wrote:I don't understand these people who claim they haven't "read the whole thread" in question and yet make pronouncements on everyone who's posted in that same thread. Weird.
not that tricky. people have form. look up the word recidivist and you will begin to understand how it works. I am sure I didn't cover everyone in the thread- I just shot a look at Lizzy's list. also Nan I am not sure my observation that I didn't know Tchocolati or Kush really qualifies as a "pronouncement". On mature reflection I expect you will agree (I realise in your case this may take a while). As palindromes go you are a sort of troll wanabee aren't you? you are provisionally plonked, not yet beyond redemption but as a dull sort of stirrer you are of very little interest to me.
Nan

Post by Nan »

You sure are a sensitive "critic". You dish it out but you can't even take the mildest of posts that happens to differ with your opinion. I don't think I would read only Lizztytysh's post and assume that whatever is written there must be the truth and nothing but the truth. Like I said, "weird". And if you doubt that my name is Nan, (I don't know why you have to make fun of my name) please contact Lizzytysh. She welcomed me to the board when I first joined.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Nan wrote:You sure are a sensitive "critic". You dish it out but you can't even take the mildest of posts that happens to differ with your opinion. I don't think I would read only Lizztytysh's post and assume that whatever is written there must be the truth and nothing but the truth. Like I said, "weird". And if you doubt that my name is Nan, (I don't know why you have to make fun of my name) please contact Lizzytysh. She welcomed me to the board when I first joined.
I am unbothered by your real name or posting name, why would that matter to anyone?

your earlier post was lazy and inaccurate and my response was absolutely fine, but thanks for caring.

as to being unable to "take it", are you the troll who posted something about having a critic on the poetry forum who likes being nasty? something like that anyway.

did I reply? nope, I ignored it as I will now ignore you.

PLONK
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

lizzytysh wrote:Hi Tchoc ~ etc.
Youps. I was misunderstood.

Pfff... lets forget about details, I'll go for the essential and forget the rest.

What I meant was... hum... how to explain quickly and shortly?

Here.
bee wrote:for me-as soon as I see one anti smoking commercial, I just want to smoke 2 cigarettes at the same time and one more after, shnell!
It seems to me that Bee and you are sharing the same behaviour in regard of advices or opinions that could led to change one of your social habit or behavior (many people seems to take this as a personal attack or an offense to their self), only you are "playing" much harder than she does. Not that I care. I don't. I don't expect people to be perfect.

mickey_one, maybe Nan is a natural born troll, you know. 8)
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Tchocolatl wrote:
mickey_one, maybe Nan is a natural born troll, you know. 8)
certainly possible, Sir
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Yes, certainly Ma'am.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Tchocolatl wrote:Yes, certainly Ma'am.
damn, 50/50 and I blew it...sorry
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mickey_One ~

I want to clarify that I did greet Nan when she first came here. In fact, I PM'd her, afterward, seeking clarification as to whether she might actually be my former husband's former companion :lol: . This 'possibility' was based on her moniker here, and some other detail, which I can't now remember, and the way her entrance here and the details all came together.

However, she's not; and I've never really considered her to be a troll type. Even though we [apparently ~ per her own declaration] disagree on most things, her overall approach to me has been quite decent. In fact, she's been very supportive of me, at various times, with regard to sharing my memories through writing here. Possibly regarding other things, as well, though that's the one that comes immediately to mind ~ but, then, I'm tired, too :? . There are no physiological responses when I see her name :lol: . Even though your and her communications are yours and hers, I'm just concerned that she not get unduly caught in any crossfire here.

The point that she made here, regarding the entire thread not having been read [differing views by those here, on what the conclusion would/should be, of course], it seems to me is a legitimate and fair one. Under similar circumstances, it's a point I most likely would have made, too. I initially took your comment to be referring to the original thread ["Katrina" ~ and there's some other, related stuff on the "Sadness and Joy in the News" thread] containing the postings regarding Squidgy.

I'll respond to the rest of your posting, later. However, yes, I agree with your assessment of Joe, and [regardless] I certainly allowed for my own misinterpretation. I know that, eventually, Joe and I will work through it all, together and regardless. In the meantime [in case I interpreted it correctly], I asked him to reserve judgement on it, at least until I get a chance to spell out my perspectives. You're right in your assessment that I have been feeling under siege. Good way of putting it.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nan

Post by Nan »

mickey_one wrote:Are you the troll who posted something about having a critic on the poetry forum who likes being nasty? something like that anyway.

You do like being nasty. A person doesn't have to be a troll to realize this. A person isn't a troll just because they object to your behaviour.

Lizzytysh, yes we would disagree about many subjects but I do like you and have enjoyed many of your posts.
bee

Post by bee »

Tchoco- let me explain something to you, because you've given your evaluation on my behavior through to whatever Tarot cards you were reading. And does it really matter? I mean-my behavior in regard to this thread, or on the Squidgy matter all together.
As I am a great admirer of Benvenuto Cellini as to an artist, as to an author, I find my reaction to some of the matters occurring in life, quite similar to those of my idol Cellini, just in different settings. I'll post a little story about his reaction, so you can see, that mine have been quite similar, as I said-difference in settings and details.
"One morning, after hearing Mass in San Pier Scheraggio, I crossed path with Bernardone, the broker and worthless goldsmith, who trough the Duke's kindness, has become purveyor to the Mint; and he was scarcely outside the door of the church when this filthy pig let loose four farts that could be heard all the way to San Miniato. At this I said: "So, you pig, lazy coward, ass- this is the sound of your filthy talents?" And I run to find a stick. He quickly run back to the Mint, and I stood at the crack in my door while I kept a little boy of mine outside who would give me a signal when that pig left the Mint.
Now, when I saw that I have been waiting for a long time and was getting sick of it, my irritation had subsided a bit, and when I considered that you do not trade blows by agreement and that some trouble might arise from this, I decided to take my revenge in a different way. Since this incident occurred at around the same time of the Feast of our San Giovanni, within a day or two I wrote these verses and tacked them up in the corner of the church where people go to piss and shit, and it reads as follows:
Here lies Bernardone, that ass and dirty pig,
Spy, thief, broker, in whom
Pandora placed her worst evils.
bee
Gypsy_Wife

Post by Gypsy_Wife »

Just out of curiosity has anyone heard from Johanna, or is she still among the mising?
Here's to the few
who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

No need to be a fortune teller to know what you yourself are discarding about your behavior in your posts. You are so predictable, bee, I just had to push the right button - bing - the conditionned answer arrived. :D Old people here would say that you are like a fair devil in holy water. 8)

Thanks to have proove to Lz that she is not "your target", that this is just the way you are. I would have lost my time trying to convince her that she is not your victim.

Return to “News”