Meet-up South Wales 21st Sept 2005

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Ali,

Oh, that would've been fantastic :D . Sounds like something already on the agenda for next time! It would be good to meet again, on a weekend day, and when Margaret and Linmag and others can come along. You are fortunate that you share your interest in LC with your husband. My husband and myself have a number of interests in common, but Leonard is certainly not one of them.

See you soon,

Diane

(Maybe, if you are coming by car, he could bring his guitar along anyway, never know, if the pub is quiet enough...Just a thought.)
Ali

Post by Ali »

Diane, how your post made me laugh - Lee certainly does not share my enthusiasm for LC, although (bless him!) he does support my interest, unfortunatly, the yardstick of my Dear Husbands taste in music runs to how many words can rhyme with love in 50's and 60's rock and roll (this is unkind and not a sincerely truthfull overview, because although he disparages my taste in music, I would never seriously do the same to his)

But seriously, Lee is actually a Fantastic singer and entertainer, unfortunately Hallelujah is the only LC cover I have bullied, begged or been able to bribe him into playing.
He is however getting there - from being a total Anti-Cohen he is now quite receptive to hearing new (and old) music and poetry.

After the day I have had, being able to laugh was a breath of fresh air, so again, thank you so much!!!!!!
(I will smuggle my accoustic guitar into the boot of the car, and in event of a sympathetic landlord, I will force Lee with threat of sadistic torture :wink: to play)
Ali
We can tie him to a kitchen chair, break his throne (and the rest won't work as he shaves his head :cry: )
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
Diane

Post by Diane »

Well Ali, I'm pleased to have made you laugh, albeit inadvertently :lol: . I'll bring the rope, then. Or, if not, I might pick out a couple of my favourite LC poems to read on the night. Reading pomes in the pub, that'll be a first :shock: .

I did consider baking a cake, covered with LC's words written in icing, but, then recalled how difficult I find it even to write "Happy Birthday" without making a terrible mess, so I settled for the poems. John the shorts, how are you at cake decoration?

Diane
Diane

Post by Diane »

Everything's fine on the tequila front Rob 8) .
Rob

Post by Rob »

Excellent. who's bringing the bananas for the photo-shoot?
Rob.
Ali

Post by Ali »

In another life, I would suggest a paddling pool and plenty of bubble bath would have been good to drink tequila, be serenaded by guitar, have Diane recite poetry and to be photographed with banana's - However I seriously doubt the Landlord of the Railway is broadminded enough to allow such strange and hedonistic behaviour................................. (and I look crapp in a bikini!!!!) :lol: :wink:
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I 'can't wait' [of course, I'll have to] to see the photos ~ and hear the description of y'all's [Southern term :wink: ] meet-up. Sounds like it'll be a great time! Too bad you can't record Diane's poetry reading and the music [hint-hint] :lol: .

~ Lizzy
Diane

Post by Diane »

Ali, please, I have to live in this town. I have my reputation to consider.

Cranberries, lemons, bananas. Mustn't forget the chinese oranges.

Lizzy, actually, haven't you heard that Lian Lunson is planning a documentary based on our meeting. In it we will also be depicted baking deserts made of various Cohen-related fruit. It's going to be called 'I'm Your Flan'. :lol: :roll:
Diane

Post by Diane »

A week to go. I am so looking forward to meeting you all and celebrating Leonard's birthday. Ali, you asked what the agenda was and I said there wasn't one, but one has kind of grown anyway 8) .

(Rob, I just re-read what I wrote in the above post, and it sounds like I am making fun of the idea of bringing fruit. Sorry, that was not my intention at all, I was too busy being silly to phrase things properly :roll: . )

Good Wishes,

Diane
Rob

Post by Rob »

And now less than a week to go to Leonards birthday and the historic occasion of the South Wales meet-up. I'm looking forward to this much more than my own birthday.

Rob.

(Leonard, if your reading this, and you just happen to be in the neighbourhood next Wednesday..........................................)
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Looking forward to meeting you all.
I should be there around 7.30 don't let me be the first there please I have a nervous disposition and a tendency to get lost :oops: perhaps you can leave a fruit trail for me to follow to your table.

see you

Wendy
Ali

Post by Ali »

Am really looking forward to tomorrow
Ali
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Diane ~

Is Lian secured and in place? "I'm Your Flan" sounds food enough to me for a 'go' :lol: . Please make me a copy after you get it. I'll reimburse :wink: .

I wish all of you a really great time, and am confident it will be just that 8) :D !

~ Lizzy
Diane

Post by Diane »

It may be a flan, Lizzy. It may be more of a trifle. But, it sure will be a birthday party. It's tomorrow! See you all very soon :D.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Wendy I'm pm-ing you my mobile number. If you call it when you are coming out of the station I will slip out to meet you. There's nothing worse than trying to find people you have never seen before in a crowded pub. In the unlikely even that my battery runs out or something, I'll will ask Rob to wear the bananas on his head for ease of identification (as it was his idea after all). :wink:

Return to “Other gatherings”