Katrina

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Young dr. Fraud

Post by Young dr. Fraud »

"Why do you post?"

Or "A response to bee"

Looking again at Webster's online dictionary, the definition of "fraud"

1 a : DECEIT, TRICKERY; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICK
2 a : a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTOR; also : one who defrauds : CHEAT b : one that is not what it seems or is represented to be
synonym see DECEPTION, IMPOSTURE

Bee asked me why I have not given my real name, why I would use a mimic name of YdF, and then the rude question of who in counseling gave me such advice.

I have to say to you, gentle reader (no I'm not Miss Manners), that I have truly been loving writing these posts. This has been great fun. I forgot how much I like to write even though I'm not a professional.

Although I have the word "fraud" in my name, I have been completely unfraudulent in my posts. Every word, opinion, and thought have been mine. I have hidden nothing but my name and other identifying information. I have not made up one statement or opinion for any reason other than to share, not once to incite or anger purposefully. If I did incite or anger, then so be it, but it was not the "purpose".

So, I have not "perverted truth".

I've honestly indicated this is a name I came up with to point out the failings and hatred that are part of Ydf. So I have not "deceived".

I haven't been anything I haven't pretended to be, I have not misrepresented, and I am exactly what I seem to be.

End of definition analysis.

A rhetorical question: So, who is the true "fraud"? Is it YdrFraud, or is it the original?

Moving on to bee's questions.

2nd answer first, why this "mimic" name: Several months ago when I bothered him with my ceetoo name (a play on C2 or Critic2, which went for awhile before Teratogen figured it out, C2 thought I was a lady), I thought of the name "Young dr. Fraud" and said that I would use it if needed. The purpose of this name is to draw back the curtain to show the wizard, shall we say. I think Young dr. Fraud is pretty clever actually; remember I don't claim to be a professional writer, LOL.

YdF has alternated between being a psycho babble spouter with occasional clever comments to being just abusive and awful. And it is in this last mode that he reveals his true self.

I never expected to opine on politics, Katrina, etc., I had only planned on exposing the true fraud, but this posting thing was just so much fun I couldn't resist as the arrows started coming my way.

1st answer second: Why not use my real name? To cut and paste what I wrote earlier:

"Michael" is a very influential person in this community. Having experienced him in this forum, I cannot deny his intelligence and creativity. However, I feel he is a mean, vindictive and self centered person and ultimately is a negative.

I would not be surprised if Michael entered this post to say he's been away for awhile and was not this person and how can we think such, etc. etc. He's done exactly this before. He comes in and out in different personas. Of course YdF is going to again deny, of course he must. I have already made my case, and since I'm not a barrister and paid by the hour I can end that there.

Oh yeah, back to the answer; the obvious follow-up is why should I care about all this and still not use my "real name"? That's a valid question. I want to be able to have the full ability to use this forum without future flaming from the C2 and koolaid induced crowd. Regardless of persona or character taken, they are vindictive and spiteful. It's kind of like high school; you hate the captain of the football team, and you know he's not going to beat you up, but you still don't walk up to him and call him an asshole to his face.

I guess I would also ask, do you really think that YdF's real last name is "Freud"? Based on his behavior, whether he's Michael or not, do you really think he hasn't posted under another name, ever???

3rd answer, or in conclusion: I'm not in counseling. I have a very happy life, a wonderful family, a house in the suburbs, and a decent job. My mom is still alive and lives 15 minutes away from me. Before he passed, my dad got to meet his first grandchild, a boy, have the baby named after him, and hear his grandson call him "Pop Pop". Like many people I've had tough times, but right now I'm in a wonderful and lucky place of life, and I try to appreciate it every day.

Maybe it's overly corny, but when I was in 11th grade I went to see a performance of "Our Town" and I was truly moved. I'm not going to look up the exact quote, but at the end Wilder wrote something about only the poets and the saints realizing the beauty of life, just a little. And although I only admire the fine poets, and I am far from a saint, I strive to be able to see that little bit too.

And that, my friends, is that.

Bon appetite.

YdrFraud
bee

Post by bee »

I've honestly indicated this is a name I came up with to point out the failings and hatred that are part of Ydf. So I have not "deceived".
Mr.Fraud, good heavens, what are you talking about?
What hatred, who hates who and why and what this is all about? You confused me completely, perhaps it was your intention. However, this gives me a slight headache to figure it all out, so I'll leave it at that.
Thank you for trying to answer, but I got no answer, but is all right too.
I don't think you are in counseling, I did not mean much by saying this, was just wondering why one would bother doing things like that. Too much trouble for little fun to go on forum board. I am happy that you are happy and we all are happy.
bee
Dem

Post by Dem »

Young dr. Freud

you can also come to Greece.

The sun, the sea, the perfect warm days of autumn will heal you, cause you are obviously distressed.

(And I would bet you don't really want to drown in the shitty waters of New Orleans or the grim memories of 9/11. No you don't! I can see that boy! And I can understand why you are so jealous of me)

Oh, Greece!

Dem
Kush

Post by Kush »

Ha....I see Dem is still alive and kicking ...

Well Howdy to everybody from Mumbai and Kolkata, India. The crowds are madenning every place and traffic is a complete chaos but other than that its 'India Shining' all the way.
My brief trip coincided with that of Tony Blair....seems to me he and Madame Cherie are more popular here than in UK these days. He may consider relocating.
Be back in a couple of days.....
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

This might apply to the mess Mrs B is in.

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She reduced altitude and spotted a man below. She descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the man, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The man below responded, "You must be in Management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud »

Rick,

Have you thought about the damage you are doing to Lizzytysh? You have planted the seeds of doubt in her mind and I bet they are sprouting madly. Pretty soon the vines will be running out her ears.

To think that her friendship with C2/Michael is all over...no more kow-towing...no more friendly banter...no more gushing over his literary criticism. It's the end of a beautiful friendship.

Nah...even Lizzy is not that insane.

YdF
bee

Post by bee »

Hi, dear Kush! So good to hear from you. :D I am glad you taking vacation to far away lands. Promise to tell more about it, when you come back. Have the greatest time, take many pictures and send some please, after your return. India sounds great!
bee
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud »

Dem,

Actually, I am going to visit Greece next year. Bypassing Hydra though. I'm sure it will be a wonderful visit. Perhaps we can get together and discuss old times. In the meantime...try to pay some taxes.

YdF
Dem

Post by Dem »

Young dr. Freud

don't bypass Hydra.
See
http://ta-nea.dolnet.gr/print_article.p ... m=N32&aa=1
and my other post about it.

Dem

PS) Taxes? What's this?
Young dr. Fraud

"Freud" - Who's Rick?

Not knowing who I am must be driving you crazy because you are acting crazy with the guessing and everything. How silly.

Your technique of trying to make it about me and my screen name, versus my messages of what you do and how destructive you are, only work for your koolaid crowd.

Regarding Lizzy, I trust that she will deal with you, C2, and other personas in her own way. As I stated earlier, she doesn't need my help, and my purpose here was not to help her, it was to pull back the curtain on you. You are the true fraud, regardless of whether I am right about you being Michael or not. You are a negative to this board and it's about time someone said it. And that someone was me.

I remain in name only,

YdrFraud
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Who you are has nothing to do with a name. It has nothing to do with a job, an occupation, a career. It has nothing to do with your income. It has nothing to do with where you live.

As someone once said, "Wherever you go ~ well, there you are."

Who you are is who you are. Nebulous to words, though we try.

~ Lizzy
Young dr. Fraud

Bee - Thanks for the instructions on quoting, it seems to be working. So my first use of it is to quote you yourself:
What hatred, who hates who and why and what this is all about?
I love referencing the dictionary, once again from Webster's online, the definition of "hate" is "intense hostility and aversion".

I think YdF's words and behavior has risen to this level. "Intense" is a subjective word, so your interpretation may differ from mine. You want to forget the hatred, ok, let's focus on the word "abusive", which is defined as "using harsh insulting language". "Harsh" is also subjective, but I've given my true and honest opinion of him and his behavior.

I remain in name only,

YdrFraud
Nan

Post by Nan »

Fraud, I consider myself a friend of Lizzytysh (though we would disagree about almost everything :) ) But I also don't consider YdF to be the boogyman you say he is. Why is it that Young Dr. Freud is "abusive"? I don't think he is full of "hatred". He's really funny most of the time.

Young dr. Fraud wrote:
You are the true fraud, regardless of whether I am right about you being Michael or not. You are a negative to this board and it's about time someone said it. And that someone was me.

It appears that you have set yourself up to be the arbieter of what is insulting speech and what is not insulting speech. You are very critical of people you don't like. And that is o.k. Except you shouldn't sugar-coat it with "I've given my true and honest opinion". As though your "opinion" is really THE TRUTH.

From your posts it seems that you don't like the fact that Freud knew you (Fraud) were Ceetoo on the Poetry Section. Is that what you are really mad about? Maybe you are Michael? You certainly take an interest in that man. Perhaps your name Young Dr. Fraud is aptly chosen.

By the way I never drink Kool-Aid. So please don't suggest that I am just a blind follower of Freud.
Young dr. Fraud

Hi Nan - Some of the things I have posted have been "fact" and some "opinion" but they have always been "truth". I point out that my opinion is "truthful" because others have posted on this board with words merely meant to incite, and I have not. I have never framed my opinions as fact as some have. I have never hidden my agenda. My agenda is this, I want to point out my observations, give my conclusions, and have fun.

Perhaps it would be helpful if I introduce each thing I say to indicate whether it's fact or opinion. I invite everyone else to do the same, LOL.

Opinion: It's fine that you disagree with my assessment of YdF. I've indicated it's my opinion. As stated earlier, do you really think he's never posted under another name?

Fact: I don't care that he "figured out" I was ceetoo, if you go back to my ceetoo posts I pointed out that I might take the Young dr. Fraud name back then, so it wasn't all that hard to figure out. Simple search function on his part.

Opinion: he probably just looked up the name "Young dr. Fraud" in the search engine and saw that it started with the ceetoo post I left months ago.

Fact: I'm doing a pretty decent job of not revealing myself, so I wouldn't be so stupid as to pick a name I created months ago if I cared. I could have gone in and edited the old post out too.

Fact: While I know that none of us can see the others in person while we post, I have not had one moment of anxiety. Why would I? I have no hidden agenda. I'm not surprised that many would think I do, because having a "secret name" should make someone suspicious. That begs the question I asked before, do you think "Freud" is his real name?

Opinion: sometimes you just gotta ask, what the fuck?

I remain in name only,

YdrFraud
Nan

Post by Nan »

Fraud, of course I know that "Freud" is not his real name. I'm not stupid. Just as I know your real name isn't "Fraud" or "Ceetoo". ANd just as I know that "Lady Midnight" (who recently joined) or "Contant Sorrow" isn't their real names either. Your point doesn't make sense. And I don't care if Young Dr. Freud has posted under another name. You have posted under another name. That makes you a hypocrite. And you state that you have never posted to "incite" and that you never post with a "hidden agenda". Excuse me, but I have posted on the Poetry Section and entered poetry competitions too. And as "Ceetoo" you did post to incite and you did have a hidden agenda. You were full of anger to Critic2. And you confused Dr. Freud with Critic2.

So now you come to this thread to continue your pursuit/fight. So don't be a hypocrite. Argue if you want too. But don't pretend that your's is the noble cause. And your new pen name is aptly chosen. And you remain (in more than name) a fraud.

Return to “News”