jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

After 2006 (Berlin) the next location has been nailed: it will be in
Summer 2008 in Edmonton, Canada, organized by Kim Solez and
his Cohenights Art Society. He has plans for the biggest gathering so far,
with some 400-500 local guests plus all foreign visitors. This event will not
be one of his September Cohen Nights but another International
Event in our series that started in 1998 in UK.
If we continue with the system followed so far - Europe and North America
take turns - then the 2010 Event should
be back in Europe (if we will find volunteers to organize it!!!).

Maybe 2012 in LA?? :P
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

YaaaY!!! A location I can, once again, truly afford! Yes, 2012, pay attention, Sean and Teratogen! You may want to volunteer to help out Kim, so you can get a more up-close and personal view of the proceedings :D . [Just a suggestion, of course :) .] Won't be able to do Hydra either of those years, though ~ Canada/L.A. ~ :( .

Just read your posting, Andrew. I'd love a London Event! Returning there, plus Leonard was there when his idea of going to Hydra was incepted.

Please, Europeans, begin saving now, so you can come to Canada, as well as L.A. [or London].
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Jarkko, thanks for that clarification of the future international events schedule. 8)

Elizabeth, I'm with you concerning London - so maybe 2010 is the year for this! I'm sure our Forum friends in this corner of the world (current and future) will rise to the occasion! :wink:

2012 in LA has also got my vote, though I would love to visit Mt Baldy before then - perhaps I can do so on the way to Edmonton in 2008! :D

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Edmonton Canada..... so far away, yet so close to the heart... Let's do Berlin first, 2008 seems far away, and I do plan to live in Canada until that 8)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're moving to Canada, Tom!?! Edmonton, in particular?
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Not Edmonton. Vancouver or Toronto more likely :wink:

I actually have crazy plan to ask for Canadian scholarship after I finish my BL essay; with already published essay about melancholy in LC's work, i can say I have too chapters of the book. But that's just joking about moving to Canada:-) The perspective to waith 2008 to see Canada or 2012 to see LA seems far to depressive to me. If I go to Vancouver or Toronto for six months, I have to much ties here to stay. It isn't easy to live as the bird on the wire. I was moving these days to new apartment (the actual end of my youth years). And I was forced to move 25 packages full of books. I gave out dozens of them. I was thinking to throw everything but dozen of them. Wasn't possible. 1,000 CDs. Hundred DVDs. - Life is not Zen. You'll never be heading down to Phoenix. Unfortunately. But I made decision: I will try.

On the other hand, if I go on the road - which I never did - who knows, maybe I'd get sunstroke and never return.
dar

Post by dar »

Been checking for anything further on LA meet-up, and nothing. The Topanga Canyon event on August 26th would seem like a good weekend to get together. Haven't seen anymore posts about a meet-up from the folks who can manage one. Are you guys still considering a get together?
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

Not at this time. No further questions. Thank you.
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You'd be deadly for reporters at a press conference, Teratogen. They do have other stories to write, you know :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

:D
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
Freidaw

LA is close for me and a local event would be great!

Post by Freidaw »

Hi, I see this idea has been floating around for a while. I'm so new. This is the first section I have read here. But I'd love to see a local event here in Los Angeles. Funny I always thought Leonard was up in Canada! I have just listened to Nightgale about thiry times! ha ha I Just bought that album and the Dear Heather Album. Loving it!!! :D
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Edmonton??? FINALLY!!! A holiday I can afford!!! Yippeee! This meets with my approval. Yes. I agree. Good going, Kim!

Linda.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Hi Freidaw,

You're new, but you like this idea that's been floating around for a while? Yes, I too would like to see something in LA. Big prob. with Canadians crossing that 49th parallel, now, though. It's like trying to enter the former Soviet Union. More difficult now, probably, as we Canadians could always enter the Soviet Union.

But, Edmonton? That's great! Right next door!

Linda.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

What are your thoughts on this, Teratogen? For the cameras. Please.
Freidaw

Post by Freidaw »

linda_lakeside wrote:What are your thoughts on this, Teratogen? For the cameras. Please.
hmmm, I looked up the word here: http://www.consultsos.com/pandora/teratoge.htm

Does this have a deep meaning? Or does it have a different meaning? Or is it a place?

Gee I feel like I should understand?

Freida

Return to “Other gatherings”