never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
B4real

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by B4real »

Thanks again, Geoffrey and Lisa, and for responding and so quickly!

Lisa, Both of your images are excellent and in harmony with Leonard's lines :D
And I totally agree with your comments on Geoffrey's ostrich drawing!
I also realised later that I had unconsciously depicted that famous line of "The birds they sang at the break of day," although in this instance I tend to think they were singing slightly off key ;-)

Geoffrey, I also wonder how your ostrich got up there so high - your imagination is definitely related to Einstein's famous quote you posted :)

And just for fun, here's another perspective on "Bird on the wire" -

Like a bird on a wire.jpg
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote:
>Geoffrey, I also wonder how your ostrich got up there so high . . .

perhaps there is a ladder further to the left that this tightrope-walking bird had climbed.

>And just for fun, here's another perspective on "Bird on the wire"

ha ha ha - funny! :)
--------------------------------------
LisaLCFan wrote:
>In the meantime, I shall simply repost a picture of a painting I did some time ago . . .

that hummingbird is beautiful, pure art!
----------------------------------------------------
my version of a 15-year old girl who died at the hands of the nazis.
255.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:57 pm ...that hummingbird is beautiful, pure art!...
Thank you! :D
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

B4real wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:54 am ...And just for fun, here's another perspective on "Bird on the wire"...
Or, Wire on the Bird. Very cute!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

ålesund, monday 8th july 2024
255.jpg
if van gogh were alive today perhaps he would make such a sketch?
255.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"everybody knows that you live forever when you've done a line or two!"
254.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:41 am if van gogh were alive today perhaps he would make such a sketch?
He just might!

I like your Van Gogh portraits!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>I like your Van Gogh portraits!
----------------------------------------------
thank you! they are mostly the results of experimenting with geometric illustrations. the two pictures of van gogh are identical, except that one is more detailed and the other has a hat. they might look impressive, but are not very difficult, especially if one is accustomed to using photoshop or coreldraw 'wpap' software.

i have it in mind to create a fantasy picture, perhaps a version of claire clairmont, jane williams or harriet westbrook (such a tragic figure). i love the hair ringlets that those early 19th century ladies seemed to favour.

anyway, let's see what time i get. faces are so endlessly fascinating, one can just stare at them, like treasure maps. perhaps marlowe was thinking along such lines when he wrote about the face of helen of troy? ;)
---------------
UPDATE:
254.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:44 pm ...faces are so endlessly fascinating, one can just stare at them, like treasure maps...
You clearly have an affinity for drawing faces (and/or using your media of choice to represent them), and perhaps part of that is due to your fascination and interest in human faces (and in human beings, from what I gather), being a subject that obviously inspires you, thus resulting in such expressive portraits. (OMG, I just read that sentence and I sound like an AI -- that is just the type of thing that they would post! I am not an AI, I assure you!).

I should think that whatever a person finds to be interesting will always make the best subjects for their artwork (I know that you eschew that term for your own pictures, but I will include them in that category for simplicity's sake), for I think that the things that one loves (enjoys, etc.), will always bring out the best in them and in what they do, when their passion for the subject can shine through.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”