Troubles between the family and the management

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Geoffrey

Re: Troubles between the family and the management

Post by Geoffrey »

astranger wrote:
>So sad this is happening . . .
---------------------------------------------
i imagined the matter had been resolved, didn't realise it was still ongoing. would appreciate any news. good of you to respond :)

by the way, i have read on the internet (see link) that leonard's house on hydra is now owned solely by his son adam.
why is his daughter lorca not a co-owner?
https://greekcitytimes.com/2023/09/22/o ... -in-hydra/
"Today, that very house, brimming with history and memories, is owned by his son, Adam Cohen . . . "
abby

Post by abby »

I like to think Leonard worked so hard during those last years to replenish what Kelley Lynch took. In my thinking, the money he earned was necessarily for his kids & grandkids, those to whom he had that particular kind of responsibility, & bond & love.
I love the forum not being boring for a minute. It got me feeling excited about this place again. I love it when geoffrey is weird & you can't tell whether he's sincere. I wish Jack would pop in, if he weren't dead.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

abby wrote:
>I like to think Leonard worked so hard during those last years to replenish what Kelley Lynch took. In my thinking, the money he earned was necessarily for his kids & grandkids, those to whom he had that particular kind of responsibility, & bond & love.
I love the forum not being boring for a minute. It got me feeling excited about this place again. I love it when geoffrey is weird & you can't tell whether he's sincere. I wish Jack would pop in, if he weren't dead.

hello abby!
wonderful to still be in touch with you. jack was one of my favourite contacts, such a pity he had to die. i am a little bit in touch with michael, but the news is not good.
concerning the fighting around leonard's inheritance i am mostly curious to know how it's progressing. there seems to be a lull in the proceedings. perhaps if anyone knows of any new developments they will share it with us.
meanwhile, thanks abby for a lovely message :)
dar

Post by dar »

Hello Abby and G,
I'm also interested in how this case is progressing. It's sad that even in death Leonard may not be resting in peace. Hope it all goes well for the family.
And happy to see you too Abby. I'm sure Greg would have chimed in on this topic. Of course can't even guess what his thoughts would have been. Miss him.
Even after all these years; I'm 71 in August, I still feel like that teenager who discovered Leonard, Sylvia Plath, Annie Sexton, Dylan, James Dickey, Irving Layton and all those poets who validated my angst...I'm still angsty!
Be well you guys.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:43 pm Hello Abby and G,
I'm also interested in how this case is progressing. It's sad that even in death Leonard may not be resting in peace. Hope it all goes well for the family.
And happy to see you too Abby. I'm sure Greg would have chimed in on this topic. Of course can't even guess what his thoughts would have been. Miss him.
Even after all these years; I'm 71 in August, I still feel like that teenager who discovered Leonard, Sylvia Plath, Annie Sexton, Dylan, James Dickey, Irving Layton and all those poets who validated my angst...I'm still angsty!
Be well you guys.
hello again dar.
i remember greg with fondness. he and the polish lady called ania were quite close - i believe.

the main reason i reactivated this column is because i read in an article (link above) that leonard's son, and not his daughter, is now the owner of his house on hydra. at first i assumed it must be a misprint, but further on down the article it says yet again that adam is the owner. it was disconcerting to me to think that one sibling should supersede the other, especially as leonard's last will and testament is still not settled. i don't know who owns leonard's homes in montreal and los angeles. none of this is any of my business, of course - but real estate ownership is usually in the public domain.

be well you too :)
dar

Post by dar »

Hard to know if Adam and Lorca came to an agreement about the Hydra house. Could have been many reasons why Adam is the sole owner now. My interest in the issues is that I truly believe that Leonard wanted his estate to be managed by his children. The fact that documents were "forged" to appoint Kory is a huge issue too. Plus, Kory had all these money making "side" gigs. I think I read somewhere that the case will be heard in Oct. 24? Such a long time to get this to trial - it must be extremely complicated and expensive to litigate. I'll follow the tread for any updates. Be well!
I watched Leonard and Marianne: Words of Love on MAX streaming yesterday. The content brought up lots of confusing feelings for me about the poet as parent and partner. Been there, done that. Did not go well!

Return to “News”