Interviewer?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Hec

Interviewer?

Post by Hec »

I think a good choice for interviewer would be Mark Lawson from Front Row.
david birkett

INTERVIEWER - PAUL GAMBACCINI

Post by david birkett »

I would just love to hear Gambo asking LC about that line in The Future - "Give me crack and anal sex".

Mark Lawson - as the young folk these days say - totally rocks.

David
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Welcome to the forum, Hec! Are you a new fan of Leonard, or an old timer?

Pete, I know this has nothing whatever to do with Leonard Cohen, but if it is repeated, I highly recommend Around The World in 80 Treasures. Dan Cruikshank is a sterling presenter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Around_the ... _Treasures

(Looking at that link, I missed more episodes than I saw.)

Hope you've enjoyed the sunny holiday weekend up in Matlock.

Diane
Hec

Post by Hec »

Thanks for the welcome. I listened to Leonard Cohen's music as a teenager in the Seventies. I rediscovered him about two years ago. It has been interesting to see how his music progressed over the years. I never subscribed to the school of thought that Cohen's music is depressing or is "music to slit your wrists to".His music can be soothing, thought provoking, and humourous.
Honnoria
Diane

Post by Diane »

Honnoria is a striking name! You have reminded me that I didn't listen for some years either. I bought I'm Your Man and The Future both at the same time, around 1995. Yes, his music is all those things you mention, and not at all depressing, although I think much of it is expressive of sadness (that is not a negative statement).

Diane
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

It probably seems a strange suggestion, but I think Jeremy Paxman. While he does have a reputation as a fierce inquisitor of politicians, there is a softer side to him. He was the one who did that remarkable extended interview with J K Rowling, another (understandably) reclusive creator. He asked very pertinent enquiring questions without ever going so far as to pry ... and even got her to read a single sentence from the then-unpublished fifth book.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
sebmelmoth2003

Re: Interviewer?

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

paul gambaccini pays tribute to leonard - from 20 minutes approx into programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001v9gy

Return to “Comments & Questions”