Early Geoffrey Wren TV appearance!

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Early Geoffrey Wren TV appearance!

Post by solongleonard »

It's from many many years ago, but this is the unmistakable Geoffrey when he was on the Groucho Marx TV show.

Geoffrey told me in utter confidence that before he began incessantly painting Mohammed Ali, he experimented with rearranging his own face. In part of this clip, he does look a little weird, but that is Geoffers for you!

I hope you enjoy this and, even, luxuriate in his early attempts to be "different".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmnnLs0 ... etYourLife
solongleonard

Re: Early Geoffrey Wren TV appearance!

Post by solongleonard »

were you nervous when you met the great Groucho?
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:14 am were you nervous when you met the great Groucho?
Hello friend. This continual fixation you have with my person is interesting, from a psychological point of view - but also a little disturbing. A clinical examination of the cause or reasons for this A J Weberman-type behaviour would mean embarrassing you in public, something I will not do. Suffice to say that the good-natured "Do I detect a whiff of envy?" that someone recently wrote regarding this obsession might just contain a hint of truth. I am aware that you are infatuated with me, that you try to disguise a complicated mixture of envy and idolisation in humour - but I am used to it. What concerns me mostly is your mental health, because I am actually quite fond of you - and do not enjoy seeing someone publicly humiliate themselves in this manner. I pray for your recovery from this long sickness, and wish you a blessed and meaningful future.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

it was primarily a way to share the wonderful clip. Maybe I had done so already? Of course, the more conventional responses would have been to mention politely that I had indeed sent it before, and ain't it wonderful. Or to greet it for the first time with the same compliment. I am a great believer in convention even though it may never catch onwards.

Tomorrow, I addressed a meeting of local forensic psychiatrists about your reaction, ignoring the substance but obsessed by the flim-flam of imagined dynamics, and by a unanimous majority of 87 to 861/2 none of them thought your problems were long-term and many thought they would be resolved before the turn of the year. The year in question is 2095. I worry about you being wigwam and tepee.

Thank you for raising my mental health difficulties. I am soooo easily bored and that rarely changes. Maybe, after a glorious last weekend with Justyna, "Ordinary Life" has since been exposed as bloody ordinary.

She finally met her equine self on Sunday and I have photos somewhere of Professor Galant with Professor Galant. Our relationship was stables. I am still inventing the wheel and fire so I am quite busy these days. However, pics will follow if my brain can ever lead to showing the pics.

It is possibly mean of me to wind you upwards but my mitigation is that it is so easy to do, that I am morally compelled therefore to do.

Before we both move on, do you at least, on the one hand, see the physical similarities between you and the TV guest and, on the other hands, do you see the similarities between me and a very VERY bored person. My one joy in life is writing and I don't love anyone else here nearly enough to justify the playfulness I provide to you. I am also so lucky as you embrace it with joy every time. Even when you are at your pique and not at your peak.

Did you enjoy the clip? Thank you, you are welcome

solong
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

hello again, dear friend.

i did enjoy the clip, it was funny, even if rehearsed.

your response to my chastisement almost gave me a bad conscience, which was partly its intention, of course. nevertheless, i regret nothing - as one should never shy away from speaking one's mind if an occasion calls for it, as unpleasant as it may be for both parties. i am not a 'peace-at-any-price' sort of fellow, and will voice an objection should it be deemed necessary. from the psychological profile compiled long ago based upon your conduct, i am aware that there is no real malice behind your problem, that your behaviour is merely an innocuous way of dealing with feelings of inadequacy when confronted with someone of superior intellect. to give credit where it's due, you can be funny, you have a good command of witticism, and - let us be honest here - will no doubt go down in history as a 'side-kick' to one of the most gifted individuals of this century - and that is no small accomplishment! so, let us draw a line under this episode and see if we can now "move on" - as you wrote - hopefully to a more productive relationship. i am sure we are all rooting for you, and praying that you can accept your role as second fiddle to one who's talents you are never likely to equal.
solongleonard

Wren Will I See Youse Again?

Post by solongleonard »

words are nice
words are good
you is done
everythink you could.
I see no need for you to apologise
(although the gestures is appreciate)
"better never than late".
I don't believed that sketch on the TELEVISION was hearsed even once
any more than you pre-brush-stroke your art.
Imagine that!

Geoffrey wearing a green hat
not what any of us wants for you.

In order to enhance your Life
at the end of every day, ask yourself one simples question
"did I improve with goodly,
the quality of
the experience of even of one people's existence of Life?"

If you did then try hardly
to stop it happening against

In peace private, I gave highly personal add vice before, FOLLOW,LEARN, PROSPER

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:20 pm hello again, dear friend.

i did enjoy the clip, it was funny, even if rehearsed.

your response to my chastisement almost gave me a bad conscience, which was partly its intention, of course. nevertheless, i regret nothing - as one should never shy away from speaking one's mind if an occasion calls for it, as unpleasant as it may be for both parties. i am not a 'peace-at-any-price' sort of fellow, and will voice an objection should it be deemed necessary. from the psychological profile compiled long ago based upon your conduct, i am aware that there is no real malice behind your problem, that your behaviour is merely an innocuous way of dealing with feelings of inadequacy when confronted with someone of superior intellect. to give credit where it's due, you can be funny, you have a good command of witticism, and - let us be honest here - will no doubt go down in history as a 'side-kick' to one of the most gifted individuals of this century - and that is no small accomplishment! so, let us draw a line under this episode and see if we can now "move on" - as you wrote - hopefully to a more productive relationship. i am sure we are all rooting for you, and praying that you can accept your role as second fiddle to one who's talents you are never likely to equal.
THEY MUST LEAD
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Thank you both !

What fun it is to read the posts.

:lol:
solongleonard

One two three O'leary games I played with Mary way back in the wildwood Of our careless childhood

Post by solongleonard »

199Dan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:36 pm Thank you both !

What fun it is to read the posts.

:lol:

Credit, reluctantly, Honey, where credit is dew. If you look really intently, using all your ice, you will cometh to real ice that Geoffrey plays BOTH parts! He is acting as Groucho Marx, that much is true, and obvious, and also, as I have now revealed, he plays the really conventional contestant as well. What few hitherthree had known, is that he plays the woman, disguised as a woman, who pretends to be the other contestant. This is a dewality that only my mate could achieve. Yes, it is always so easy to criticise his gruffness and affected modesty, but inside this exterior on the outside is a part of gold. Life is not all about talent but kindness is an impotent thingy as well. See the title of this place, and you are either for um or against um, I am here hear writing wrongs, I am here because of my giant art. Throw off your shackles, we can all be (Geof) free if we want. I am open Mike and you can book a 20 minute session or a 20 giant session. This is not my call, this is Mi chael
Geoffrey

Re: One two three O'leary games I played with Mary way back in the wildwood Of our careless childhood

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:12 pm . . . any more than you pre-brush-stroke your art.
those images are not art, just pictures. call them illustrations, doodles, sketches, portraits, drawings, anything you wish - but not 'art'. it is a word one associates with snobbery, people with swollen egos - as has been mentioned several times earlier. it also rhymes with fart. i let it slide with people who don't properly know me and who wish only to pay a respectful compliment, but you and i have been acquainted for a long while. it's not often i speak up about something that causes discomfort because i do not have a confrontational personality, as you well know. so cut it out, or i'll take the next plane down to london and kick some ass.
solongleonard

NO SUBJECT

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:29 pm
solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:12 pm . . . any more than you pre-brush-stroke your art.
those images are not art, just pictures. call them illustrations, doodles, sketches, portraits, drawings, anything you wish - but not 'art'. it is a word one associates with snobbery, people with swollen egos - as has been mentioned several times earlier. it also rhymes with fart. i let it slide with people who don't properly know me and who wish only to pay a respectful compliment, but you and i have been acquainted for a long while. it's not often i speak up about something that causes discomfort because i do not have a confrontational personality, as you well know. so cut it out, or i'll take the next plane down to london and kick some ass.

I recommend Hydra, ass your beast scenario. No limousine service, your usual style of travs, instead even I and my companions mounted the 4 legged mammal, they really made my equidae.

Oh the memories I have! All those years ago when you said something about campanology and I replied that it rang a bell.

I decide what art is. Why would you try to educate me in a foreign field. Do you think it would please me if you released the latent lawyer in you? It certainly wood-knot.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:03 am It's from many many years ago, but this is the unmistakable Geoffrey when he was on the Groucho Marx TV show.
At least I don't look like Edward G Robinson.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

but that is a matter of testes
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:56 pm but that is a matter of testes
hello your lordship. how sweet of you to drop by. if i could keep this moment and put it into a cup of tea i wouldn't need sugar :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
this is what i get everytime jarkko is in a bad mood
it's in your work that you locate your self-respect - cohen.jpg
rare picture from vancouver. poor resolution due maximum size allowed only up to 255kb
excuse me while i whip this out.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”