Waiting For The News To Come

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
da2008

Re: Waiting For The News To Come

Post by da2008 »

It's a wonderful feeling
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

da2008 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:18 pm It's a wonderful feeling
Amazing feeling indeed! Like a blast from the past, nine-eight-seven-six years ago :razz:
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Very much looking forward to Jarkko’s announcement!

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
mutti

Post by mutti »

Looking forward to hearing the news!
Thanks Jarkko & Marie!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

“He that can have patience can have what he will.”
― Benjamin Franklin
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

can't wait. topping up some patience.
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
DennisBerlin

Post by DennisBerlin »

I think I know what most certainly it will be NOT:

A collection of Leonard's short stories, of which we still know only three.
Yet I really hope one fine day in future such a collection will see the light of day too...
holydove

Post by holydove »

This is quite intriguing & exciting, & Jarkko, you seem to possess a very nice reservoir of relevant quotes, & they make me smile every time - thank you! I am certainly looking forward to what promises to be a great new surprise!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's what I thought, too, holydove :D ... how he sure has found some fitting quotes!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Seeing the familiar names on the page and waiting for anything is just about good enough for me :D
B4real

Post by B4real »

great-expectations.jpg
Great Expectations :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Someone mentioned that a new concert DVD, or a series of them, might be what the announcement is about.

I have often thought wistfully about all the concerts that could theoretically be released, since it is my understanding that all or most of the concerts since Leonard went back on tour were recorded. Now I know that it takes a huge amount of effort to mix the raw data (all the camera and audio feeds) into a final DVD. But I wonder if the technology exists to create a DVD that shows all of the camera footage in a split screen format with stereo audio tracks allowing the viewer to either watch all the small screens or toggle back and forth through the various screens to enlarge whatever screen he wants to view at the moment? This would not necessarily be preferable to a professionally-mixed product, but it might drastically reduce the mixing effort and cost since only the audio would need to be dealt with so that many concerts could be made available. Probably just a pipe dream, but I hate the thought of all that concert footage just sitting in canisters somewhere gathering dust.

BTW Bev, love the photo, did you create it?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
James T

Post by James T »

A few things I think we're overdue...
- Vinyl versions of I Can't Forget and Cohen Live
- A definitive, high-quality, vinyl (and CD) box set of all Leonard's recorded works.
- DVD of the final tour, final show even?
- Archive live recordings like Neil Young has been doing for a while. Surely there's some really nice quality recordings around from each era?

Anyway, looking forward to it!
B4real

Post by B4real »

its4inthemorning wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 pm BTW Bev, love the photo, did you create it?
I only added the wine bottle and glass to set the mood and increase the anticipation of a feast of Cohen to come :)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
bigdee

Post by bigdee »

I while I would love any new release of anything, of the things that I know are in the vault I am hoping for either a release of all the demos/early takes from the sessions for the first album or the lost "Songs for Rebecca" album from 1975. The 1st album demos were reportedly already released very briefly online in 2017 then quickly removed. That might have been done then to possibly to preserve copyright on them so they can be officially released later (maybe now) see https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 67+session . As for the lost album I know John Lissauer has said he has the tapes of the recordings (7 songs total) and was hoping they would be released see https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... ca#p369373 .
1993: Philadelphia July 15 2008: Montreal June 23,24,25 2009: NYC Feb 19/ Columbia May 11/ Philadelphia May 12/ Waterbury May 14/ NYC May 16,17/ Boston May 29,30/ Philadelphia Oct 22/ NYC Oct 23/ Cleveland Oct 25 2010: Vegas Dec 10,11 2012: Boston Dec 15,16/ NYC Dec 18,20 2013: NYC Apr 6,7

Return to “News”