"Thanks for the dance" - the new album

Leonard Cohen's posthumous album (2019)
WiTS

Re: "Thanks for the dance" - the new album

Post by WiTS »

What happened to the official UK/EU shop? Far behind of US shop regarding Vinyl/CD bundle. My credit card is urging to reach my goal.
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
James T

Post by James T »

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, and equally if it seems negative, but is there any reason the album is so incredibly expensive on vinyl this time? There doesn't seem to be anything in the way of extras, it's single disc...? Not to mention the album itself is fairly short...

As it stands this will be the only one I don't purchase on LP, is there a standard version and this is deluxe? It's £38 on the LC store and £39.99 in my local store!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

James T wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 am Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, and equally if it seems negative, but is there any reason the album is so incredibly expensive on vinyl this time? There doesn't seem to be anything in the way of extras, it's single disc...? Not to mention the album itself is fairly short...

As it stands this will be the only one I don't purchase on LP, is there a standard version and this is deluxe? It's £38 on the LC store and £39.99 in my local store!
£23.99 on Amazon UK. No idea if that is a good price or not but it is significantly cheaper than the other prices you quote!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thanks-Dance-V ... 253&sr=8-1

Wendy
James T

Post by James T »

Thank you for the advice. It really does raise the question why it is so expensive on the LC store in that case, and at Piccadilly Records, and are there possibly 2 versions? I don't mind paying more for a deluxe/ltd version... Hmmmmmmm. Any light can be shed from anyone?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Can't speak for PIccadilly Records but the shop prices are always high. The CD is £18 there (plus P&P) compared with £11.99 on Amazon.

W
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

I think the reach was a man thinking he could find paradise by taking the shortcut of reaching there through women while the goal was every man have a woman.
His reach being an obstacle to the goal which he seemed to want forgiveness for and received.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

Finally, UK/EU shop has updated bundle items. Just wondering that any code for forum members as usual?
············································································································
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
James T

Post by James T »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 am Can't speak for PIccadilly Records but the shop prices are always high. The CD is £18 there (plus P&P) compared with £11.99 on Amazon.

W
Seems really unusual for Piccadilly and Norman Records (online store) to charge more than others, Norman actually has a price match deal so they will have to match others anyway. I'm guessing the supplier is charging a high cost... Rough Trade is under £30 though.

I'm going to wait for more info/release day. I feel like one version must be different from the other because I pretty much only buy vinyl and it's very rare to see such a huge fluctuation in price for a new release.
Heather1969

Post by Heather1969 »

Hi

What’s happened to the lovely notebook and postcards in the album bundles for the uk?
Will I have to order them from the U.S site? I hope not. Just been stung with expensive postal handling charges on the stamps I ordered from Canada. Someone decided to send each item individually packaged incurring a £12 handling fee on three packages, one of which had an import tax of just £2.01! Although I must add I am extremely pleased with all the items especially the stamps in the album cover, they are very beautiful.

Heather
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Heather1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:29 pm Hi

What’s happened to the lovely notebook and postcards in the album bundles for the uk?
Will I have to order them from the U.S site? I hope not.

Heather
I nearly ordered from the US site a couple of weeks ago but baulked at the shipping cost. They wanted almost $23 to ship the fan bundle - with the CD, not even the vinyl - to the UK. To add insult to injury the shipping cost is taken into account for customs charges and VAT on import. I suppose I will buy it in the end but I am stamping my feet for a bit first.

Wendy
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Heather1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:29 pm Hi

Will I have to order them from the U.S site? I hope not.

Heather
I nearly ordered from the US site a couple of weeks ago but baulked at the shipping cost. They wanted almost $23 to ship the fan bundle - with the CD, not even the vinyl - to the UK. To add insult to injury the shipping cost is taken into account for customs charges and VAT on import. I suppose I will buy it in the end but I am stamping my feet for a bit first.

Wendy
I was to get a CD bundle in order to have notebook and postcard, and got shocked when the freight to China popped out. Then I tried to ship the bundle to a private transit company which has US local address. They charge USD13.25 for shipping to US domestic address... Never expect this much :cry:

Weilin
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Barnes about the Discount code of the European shop:
Does the unifiedheart code not work on these items? It should do but if not let me know and I will be able to fix this first thing tomorrow
Please try with this code and report here if it works of not.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

It certainly didn’t work when I ordered about 10 days ago but just tried it again on a Thanks for the Dance T-shirt - nothing. “UNIFIEDHEART discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart”.

I have this vague recollection that The Flame items were excluded from the code this time last year so assumed it didn’t apply to new merchandise.

Wendy
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:12 pm It certainly didn’t work when I ordered about 10 days ago but just tried it again on a Thanks for the Dance T-shirt - nothing. “UNIFIEDHEART discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart”.

I have this vague recollection that The Flame items were excluded from the code this time last year so assumed it didn’t apply to new merchandise.

Wendy
Same here, discount code isn’t valid
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Follow-up from Barnes:

Code is UNIFIEDHEART

Please let me get the code field added again [on Monday morning] before you order, it seems to have disappeared!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Thanks for the Dance”