Esther Ofarim

This section is for all other music-related topics
Henning

Esther Ofarim

Post by Henning »

IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Paula

Re: Esther Ofarim

Post by Paula »

I remember her from my youth with her husband Abi singing "Cinderella Rockafella".

She is so beautiful she hasn't aged at all and she has done justice to that song, What a lovely voice.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

This is recent performance? I somewhere have her great old covers, produced in circa 1970 by Leonard's producer Bob Johnston.

Hmm, this YouTube is capturing ... great stuff there, like : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqoFvWBb ... ed&search=
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

A friend of mine recently unearthed Esther singing 'Cinderella Rockafella' and shared this with me. :D I then remembered Esther's face was somehow familiar, realizing that this was so, not because I had seen her doing covers of Leonard's songs, which are fantastic renditions I've now been privy to 8), but because I eventually established that she was the Israeli singer who had a most interesting interaction with Leonard at the 1972 Tel Aviv concert, when she invited him to join her after the concert ;-), as viewed on Tony Palmer's remastered 2010 'Bird on a Wire' documentary movie (on Leonard's 1972 European tour), at the 28 minute mark.

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “Other music”