the luxury of colour?

Post by Geoffrey »

"i lie back in the luxury of my colour" - leonard cohen
original.jpg
colour.jpg
HugoD

Re: the luxury of colour?

Post by HugoD »

That is indeed the question, I am not sure and tend to the original. The black and white gives it some mystery and is clearly based on a photo whilst the color version gives more the idea of a colored drawing and lacks the mystery imho. But that takes nothing away from the fact that I always admire your creativity and enjoy most of your contributions to this forum.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Geoffrey

Re: the luxury of colour?

Post by Geoffrey »

it would be intriguing to know, specifically, what it is about the black and white photograph that mystifies you, hugo. your critique is most appreciated - thank you for your honesty. the comments on another internet site contrast greatly with your own, but an intelligent person realises, of course, that there does exist a small number of people, especially those handicapped by having had a dominant mother, who are incapable of generating positive energy. yet worry not about such shortcomings, as you are not solely to blame for the flaws evident in your nature. a person who criticises and finds fault can, with professional help, eventually adjust their unsociable personality and become a stimulating force for encouragement, an uplifter of spirits, a builder of inspiration, a spreader of joy and confidence. a sick mind may claim that damnation is poisoned with rainbows, but i implore you not to venture into such a furnace. instead seek the blessing of life, be not afraid to wear a smile that could help brighten someone's day, but most of all - learn to like colour :-)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”