These people claim that LC will be playing next year in the UK

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Sideways

These people claim that LC will be playing next year in the UK

Post by Sideways »

http://www.double8tickets.com/concerts/leonard-cohen/

UPDATE! SET TO EMBARK ON A 2016 UK ARENA TOUR - SIGN UP BELOW FOR TICKET PRESALES, TICKET ALERTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS ON UPCOMING SHOWS!!!

Strangely, my doctor said recently "Sue, I know the man who arranges all his concerts in the UK and he says a definite tour in the UK in 2016.

What's the truth, Jarkko?

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
James T

Re: These people claim that LC will be playing next year in the UK

Post by James T »

I would take little notice of this site, although who knows what contacts your doctor really has.

If there was to be a tour, I doubt it would be arenas this time. It was easy to get free tickets to almost all of his shows in the UK last time as they tried to fill the upper tiers, with even the o2 arena "mistakenly" selling the veterans tickets to the general public (a trick they have done many times of the years for shows under capacity).

I would love to see a couple of dates in nicer venues, but not many because really I think he deserves his rest now. A few show here and there would be a nice sign-off, really it would be nice for there to be a "final show" where we can all get together and give thanks to the great man.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Absolutely untrue. There will be no tour.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Thanks Jarkko. Somehow that site will make money from deceiving people.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Hartmut

Re: RE: Re: These people claim that LC will be playing next year in the UK

Post by Hartmut »

James T wrote:with even the o2 arena "mistakenly" selling the veterans tickets to the general public
What are "veterans tickets"?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Tickets for people over 80 years old.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Ok ... Thank you.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

jarkko wrote:Absolutely untrue. There will be no tour.
Well that's what we expected - the default position unless we hear otherwise is that Leonard has finished touring.
Still I guess i'm not the only person feeling disappointment by such a clear negative statement as a new year starts :(
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

David between us (and no doubt many other people) we have seen many LC gigs over a lot of years, none have failed to be less than excellent. The tours from 2008 were quite different in character to those from the 70's but nonetheless still superb.

So what I am saying in a roundabout way is we know Leonard must surely now call it a day, the effort required to tour Worldwide at 80+ is mind numbing. When a little while back some people said he looked fit enough to carry on for many years, they saw just a moment in a photograph, forgetting the main thing, his age and the weariness that a future tour of such magnitude would take out of him. So let's remember the many gigs we all attended, play the albums/CD's etc watch the DVD's and be grateful for what was........ ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
James T

Post by James T »

The veterans tickets meaning military personnel. At certain events they can buy tickets for just £5, these were sold to everyone without a code a week or so before the event and they then had to honour them. They also did it for the hyde park shows with arcade fire etc... the same year. They pretend its a mistake but they know it will go viral online and all the empty places will be taken. Kinda clever I suppose.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Vicomte wrote: So what I am saying in a roundabout way is we know Leonard must surely now call it a day, the effort required to tour Worldwide at 80+ is mind numbing.
I fully accept that we will ' almost certainly' never see Leonard play live again.
However his age isn't an absolute 'no-no'. If i really wanted i could go to see Charles Aznavour play in a few weeks time , and he's pushing 92.
Anyway we will ' almost certainly' have a new album this year
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I trust that Leonard's management will ensure that Double 8 Tickets remove the erroneous information. I personally don't have much hope of seeing Leonard in concert again, but kindly leave, leave the future, leave it open!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

cohenadmirer wrote:
Vicomte wrote: So what I am saying in a roundabout way is we know Leonard must surely now call it a day, the effort required to tour Worldwide at 80+ is mind numbing.
I fully accept that we will ' almost certainly' never see Leonard play live again.
However his age isn't an absolute 'no-no'. If i really wanted i could go to see Charles Aznavour play in a few weeks time , and he's pushing 92.
Anyway we will ' almost certainly' have a new album this year
No not an absolute no non but Charles Aznavour has 7 dates up until the end of June this year, not really a tour as a visit, sing some songs and au revoir, not exactly how LC has ever toured. I hope my neighbour never sees my post as she is off by TGV to Paris with a few other villagers in the commune at the end of January but as she said, "Charles is a legend and this may well be the last time he sings in Paris" It's what keeps some of us going "for the last time" to see Cohen or Dylan.
Neil from The Young Ones
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

James T wrote:The veterans tickets meaning military personnel. At certain events they can buy tickets for just £5, these were sold to everyone without a code a week or so before the event and they then had to honour them.
I see. Thanks, James.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Vicomte wrote:So let's remember the many gigs we all attended, play the albums/CD's etc watch the DVD's and be grateful for what was........ ;-)
My feelings exactly Vicomte (though I still haven't watched any of the DVDs and will not do so until my memory of the shows themselves has faded beyond reach).

Wendy

Return to “News”