The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
astranger

Re: The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

Post by astranger »

meglos2000 wrote:Very excited about this release. However, was hoping for Coming Back To You and I Can't Forget as bonus tracks, two of my personal favourite moments of the tour. I wonder if there will be a further complimentary release in the style of Songs From The Road to mop up the missing tracks from the tour? Roll on 1st December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jarkko has mentioned this as a possibility!
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

astranger wrote:What's the reasoning behind naming "A Thousand Kisses Deep" as "Recitation w/ N.L.?"
w = we
/ = leads you toward a
N. = new
L. = listening

w = wonderful
/ = multiplied by
N. = narration experience of
L. = Leonard Cohen

Sony could do a lot more BRdvd3CD. They could open a division just for this artist.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
flingwing

Post by flingwing »

Joy of joys! Absolutely cant wait for this, best news in ages!
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Take my money!!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

This is so exciting! We had great seats and our friend, Helen told us to look behind us as the President of Ireland was back there. It was a great concert and an amazing night-we look forward to reliving it through this.

Joe
IMG_0272.jpg
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"Legacy," indeed!!!

And how WONDERFUL for those who were there to have this permanent capture of their experience 8) .
I'm so happy for all of you... :) ~ and, wouldn't it be wonderful if the President of Ireland were caught in a camera panning of the audience.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Why has 'I've Got A Secret' been missed off? Might seem pedantic, but that claim of it being a 'full' concert is therefore erroneous.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bennyboy wrote:Why has 'I've Got A Secret' been missed off? Might seem pedantic, but that claim of it being a 'full' concert is therefore erroneous.
LC apparently has a principle/rule that he doesn't put out a live version of a Cohen song if it has not been released on a studio album. Therefore "I've Got A Secret" has been omitted.

I don't necessarily agree with this, but if it had to be left off I would have happily accepted "The Night Comes On" as a more than adequate replacement.
I too hope there will be a "Songs From The Road #2" to complete our listening/viewing experience.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Hi all,

Very nice to see the release of an Old Ideas World Tour concert! Looking forward to it.
astranger wrote:
meglos2000 wrote:I wonder if there will be a further complimentary release in the style of Songs From The Road to mop up the missing tracks from the tour? Roll on 1st December
Jarkko has mentioned this as a possibility!
Where has Jarkko mentioned this? And what did he say? :D
AlanM wrote:LC apparently has a principle/rule that he doesn't put out a live version of a Cohen song if it has not been released on a studio album. Therefore "I've Got A Secret" has been omitted.
True, although the 1973 album Live Songs contains a total of 5 songs that hadn't been released before and haven't been released on a studio album after: Minute Prologue, Passing Through, Improvisation, Please Don't Pass Me By (A Disgrace), and Queen Victoria. (And yes, Minute Prologue and Improvisation where impromptu performances of course).
meglos2000 wrote:was hoping for Coming Back To You and I Can't Forget as bonus tracks, two of my personal favourite moments of the tour.
I am also hoping for a Songs of the Road #2 that at least includes the two tracks you mention, plus: Night Comes On, Crazy To Love You, Banjo, Light As The Breeze and Democracy (for its reworked arrangement).

Of course there are many more songs LC played on the 2012-13 tour that are not included (yet), like Sisters of Mercy, Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye, La Manic, Waiting For The Miracle, Heart With No Companion, Avalanche, The Guests and Joan of Arc.

Hope this ever gets released! but first, very much looking forward to Live in Dublin :D
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Bennyboy wrote:Why has 'I've Got A Secret' been missed off? Might seem pedantic, but that claim of it being a 'full' concert is therefore erroneous.
That's true. The only excuse (just a joke) is a great cover art, imho, one of the best LC artworks ever + echoing perfectly Live in London.
Citizen_Kane wrote:True, although the 1973 album Live Songs contains a total of 5 songs that hadn't been released before and haven't been released on a studio album after: Minute Prologue, Passing Through, Improvisation, Please Don't Pass Me By (A Disgrace), and Queen Victoria.
Minute Prologue - a poem
Passing Through - a cover
Improvisation - an instrumental version of You Know Who I Am
Queen Victoria - a poem? a song? but certainly not that kind of "live songs" (recorded in a hotel room)
Citizen_Kane wrote:Of course there are many more songs LC played on the 2012-13 tour that are not included (yet), like Sisters of Mercy, Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye, La Manic, Waiting For The Miracle, Heart With No Companion, Avalanche, The Guests and Joan of Arc.
Fortunatelly, we'll have the new recording of Waiting for the Miracle on December 1!
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Hi Goldin,

thanks for your reply!
Goldin wrote: Minute Prologue - a poem
Passing Through - a cover
Improvisation - an instrumental version of You Know Who I Am
Queen Victoria - a poem? a song? but certainly not that kind of "live songs" (recorded in a hotel room)
Minute Prologue - Naturally all Cohen songs are poems! Or at least most were poems already.
Passing Through - Partisan, Always, Be For Real are also covers. All on studio albums.
Improvisation - I already remarked on its not being entirely strange to have not been featured on a studio album
Queen Victoria - still, a good quality and well arranged studio version has never been released
Goldin wrote:Fortunatelly, we'll have the new recording of Waiting for the Miracle on December 1!
My bad, overlooked that one. Indeed, Waiting For The Miracle is on the Dublin setlist. Yay :!:
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Great news, thanks Jarkko.
REALLY looking forward to this!
cohenadmirer wrote: A personal disappointment that 'Night comes on' isn't included.The beautiful performance from the 11th would have been welcome as another bonus track
Yes, I agree, Cohenadmirer - a pity. It was wonderful to hear that live on the 11th.
But then it is good to have two on the DVD which we didn't get on the 11th., the lovely "Anthem" and "Save the last dance" - an incomparable conclusion!
Ring the bells that still can ring...
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

wonderful news!

but I echo the nagging shred of disappointment that Night Comes On is not on this collection. I real shame as it was the highlight of the tour for me.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

songwriter wrote:wonderful news!

but I echo the nagging shred of disappointment that Night Comes On is not on this collection. I real shame as it was the highlight of the tour for me.
Get rid of shame, you. Quick!

There are almost as many dispappointments as there are fans. The solution may be to provide "clips" of every song in a (more or less) near future?
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”