Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
godnose

Re: Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

Post by godnose »

Sent my contribution this morning.

If we need to we can do a bit of PR to promote the cause, but we might well raise the money from people visiting the forum alone.
harald

Post by harald »

jarkko wrote:(several websites dedicated to LC's work have joined the project, too: Heck, Cohenights, Facebook pages and of course Marie's and my sites, but all those are read by active LC fans, most of them being Forum members, too)
that´s fine with me
glad if we don´t need a public fund raising
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
rvdeynde

Post by rvdeynde »

I'm glad I can finally do something back for Leonard! He has given us so much...
st theresa1

Post by st theresa1 »

Yayyy...just sent via paypal Thanks as always to the hard working people on this website who come up with such great ideas.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

jarkko wrote: (several websites dedicated to LC's work have joined the project, too: Heck, Cohenights, Facebook pages and of course Marie's and my sites, but all those are read by active LC fans, most of them being Forum members, too)
A bit of outside PR. I noticed on Twitter the other day - from Governor General's Performing Arts Awards Foundation - https://twitter.com/GovGPAA
In both French and English - link goes to Marie's site - http://www.webheights.net/speakingcohen/hydra80th.html
Retweeted by Linda Sturgess
GovGenPerfAAwards @GovGPAA · Jul 30
YOU can contribute to a bench in Hydra, Greece to honour Leonard Cohen on his 80th birthday. Find out how: http://ow.ly/zKJHY #ggawards
Retweeted by Linda Sturgess
PrixGouvGenArtsSpec @PrixGGAS · Jul 30
Vous pouvez contribuer à un banc en l’honneur de Leonard Cohen à l’occasion de son 80e anniversaire. Découvrez plus : http://ow.ly/zKJue
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

So happy to contribute to this wonderful project!
Thanks for the original idea, Anne!
Kudos to all the people involved for an OUTSTANDING effort! A trip to Hydra, bureaucracy, an architect, financial chores...
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Jarkko, I will donate when I am registering on Thursday night. I will have euros. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone. :D
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
B4real

Post by B4real »

Just paid my contribution in EUR.
For six attempts PayPal wasn't accepting the Dublin email address - had to do a pretend email and copy that address and finally it all went though OK.
If this goes ahead and I never make it to Hydra physically then at least I will in this indirect way :D
But if we don't raise enough money for the bench, I'm simply pleased to be part of something else Leonard would put his seal of approval to.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

I'm delighted to have the chance to contribute to this wonderful project! Cash sent last week. Will visit Hydra one day to see the results. Renewed thanks to Jarkko.

Tom
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
fusional

Post by fusional »

Just contributed - glad to be a part of this. Thanks to everyone who's organised it.
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

I have donated with pleasure. I just wish my financial circumstances allowed for a larger sum.
polkadot3

Post by polkadot3 »

Have just sent my pledge via Paypal. I hope I will get to sit on the bench one day.
gaby&paul

Post by gaby&paul »

Also contributed. Looking forward to visit Hydra maybe next year ...
2008: Munich, Frankfurt, London RAH. 2009: Minneapolis, Chicago (2x), Cologne, Madrid. 2010: Wiesbaden, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Las Vegas. 2012: Ghent, Paris. 2013: Vienna.
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

The birthday bench sounds like a great concept, and quite appropriate to the occasion. I would like to say thank you to all the organizers, and wish you good luck in bringing the project to a successful conclusion. Our cheque is in the mail today.
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

All sounds really good, thank you so much to all involved. I will contribute tonight at registration in euros, Janet

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”