Simmon´s Biography at Lidl´s

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
harald

Simmon´s Biography at Lidl´s

Post by harald »

Lidl is a big German discounter.
You can buy there meat of not appropriate grown animals. You can buy cheap Whisky. Sometimes Underpants. Or bread machines.
Now you can buy there Silvie Simmon´s biography of Leonard Cohen.
Some of you may say this will further contribute to Mr. Cohen´s popularity.
I simply don´t like it.
And I know it´s not news, it´s no-news.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
tina

Re: Simmon´s Biography at Lidl´s

Post by tina »

Harald, I agree. I don't like this either.
Brugge July 2008 // Oberhausen November 2008 // Cologne July 2009 // Ghent August 2012 // Mönchengladbach September 2012 // Oberhausen June 2013 // Brussels June 2013
Doris

Post by Doris »

Of course I agree with you both.
Neither I like it that somewhere meat from non-animal welfare is sold nor should Leonard Cohen`s biography in such an environment be presented. Whether it contributes to his popularity or not.
May all people and animals live in peace.
And all I´ve said
was just instead of
Coming back to you.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

i think you are all being a bit too precious...i've seen simmon's biography on sale in bookshops that have on their shelves books written by war criminals, convicted murders,fraudsters,disgraced politicians,child abusers sacked bankers and all kinds of criminals and low lifes ...if the book is on sale in lidl then it will soon be in the bookshop bargain bins where it will be lying alongside books written by the likes of dan brown and jackie collins....now that would be the time for your tears....ta ken
Last edited by liverpoolken on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

...usually i don´t go to lidl, cause of all those reasons, but today i will have a look
leonard in lidl :roll:
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
evie

Post by evie »

Well said Ken!
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

So, someone wrote a book about Leonard (presumably to make some money). A publishing company printed it (presumably to make some money). The publisher's marketing department made a deal to sell it at Lidl's (presumably to make some money). This is just the book business. It has nothing to do with Leonard Cohen himself, so relax.
Ria Bellen

Post by Ria Bellen »

Yes LisaLCFan : Relax Relax .... You can buy in Lidl bio-vegetables and eggs, bio-spaghettis ...... as well !!!! I hope the book is printed on recycled paper : I'm not sure of this !!! This is business and has nothing to do with Leonard !
mary emma

Post by mary emma »

Yes, relax, it is not even offered at a discount price, but the normal bookstore price. Moreover the description of the book on the internetsite of Lidl is nice and respectful, both of Leonard and of Silvie

Beschreibung
Der Gentleman des Pop: sein Leben eine Legende.
Er ist der letzte Poet der Popkultur, der Womanizer mit der tiefen Stimme, der melancholische Songwriter, der ganze Generationen beeinflusst hat, rastlose Seele und schillernde Persönlichkeit zugleich.
Die renommierte Musikjournalistin Sylvie Simmons ist der lebenden Legende auf den Grund gegangen. Für ihre einzigartige Biographie über das Leben von Leonard Cohen hat sie mit mehr als 100 von Cohens Wegbegleitern gesprochen seinen Musen, Musiker-Kollegen wie Nick Cave, seinen Produzenten, seinen engsten Freunden aus Kindertagen und nicht zuletzt mit dem öffentlichkeitsscheuen Leonard Cohen selbst. Herausgekommen ist eine umfassende, sorgfältig recherchierte Biographie, die faszinierende Details offenbart und eine neue Perspektive auf das Leben einer der ungewöhnlichsten Lichtgestalten der Musikgeschichte wirft.*
Autor(en)
Simmons, Sylvie
harald

Post by harald »

evie wrote:Well said Ken!
I agree.

Hey guys, I am relaxed, no tears, don´t worry.
And I´ve got nothing against business and making money, even try myself to make some money from time to time.
I just mentioned this small no-news in this period of few news, added my dislike, could have left it at all, could also post it, did it.
But the incident doesn´t ruin my sleepless nights.
In principle I am ready to buy anything at Lidl´s except products from non appropriately grown animals, but then those I´d buy nowhere.
Only have to decide now, buy the book, but I already have one. Or buy underpants, but I already have a pair as well. Two books or two pairs of underpants?

Best, Harald
Last edited by harald on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Jean Fournell

Post by Jean Fournell »

... and she shows you where to look among the garbage and the flowers ...

... for a while
... for a little while...

(Just a filthy beggar blessing / What happens to the heart)
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

harald forget about another book, even if you don't need a second pair of underpants at the moment i would plan for the future and buy a second pair now......ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
harald

Post by harald »

I´ll go for the bread machine.
Doris

Post by Doris »

But please be careful, dear Harald, that you are not cutting into the finger at the Lidl quality. ;-)
Good luck.
And all I´ve said
was just instead of
Coming back to you.
evie

Post by evie »

Oh so funny hee :-)
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013

Return to “News”