Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
holydove

Re: Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

Post by holydove »

jdhayes wrote:Jarkko got LC to make an unscheduled stop in Dublin during the current tour. He will make this come true too. Let's start a campaign so he can bring it to the right people! A 2 DVD set containing all the songs performed would keep us all happy. But then we might have to wait for a few surprises from Down Under.
Good idea, jdhayes - If a campaign could work, I'm all for it, & if having all the songs included means we have to wait a little longer, I don't mind at all (we have plenty of practice with patience here, right?) - & it would certainly be worth the wait!
johnos

Post by johnos »

[quote="holydove"]Personally, I'd rather have a conglomeration of performances from various concerts, so that more songs that were performed could be included. For instance, Crazy To Love You & Light As The Breeze were performed in Ghent, & then they disappeared. Also, if it's only Dublin, Show Me The Place would not be included, & that would be sad. Also, several other songs from Old Ideas - Banjo, Different Sides, Anyhow - as well as the new song, I've Got A Secret, were not performed in Dublin. Yes, we have these performances on Youtube, but it would be really nice to have professional videos of them, & I think it would be a shame if a new DVD did not include performances of so many wonderful songs, for which we have no professional videos at this point.

Hi holydove, if we had our way, it would be a quad album with all songs, unfortunately there will be disappointments when a favorite is excluded from the final mix. As far as I know 'little secret' was premiered in Dublin 2nd night.
holydove

Post by holydove »

johnos wrote:
Hi holydove, if we had our way, it would be a quad album with all songs, unfortunately there will be disappointments when a favorite is excluded from the final mix. As far as I know 'little secret' was premiered in Dublin 2nd night.
Hi johnos, yes you are right, I had forgotten that Got A Little Secret premiered in Dublin, 2nd night - thanks for mentioning it! So if the DVD is that Dublin concert, at least we will have the new song! But I think every concert was absolutely superb, so if the DVD does contain a full concert, while I might have certain preferences, ultimately, I defer to the judgment of the DVD creators, as to which concert it will be; the only preference I would mention is that I hope it will be a concert that at least includes Show Me The Place, esp. if there won't be a "supplemental" disc with additional songs performed. . . Of course, there are certain songs missing from any of the concerts, so that's why I think a "supplemental" disc(s), with performances not included in whichever concert is chosen, would be really great. And you are also right that, unless the DVD includes every song performed on tour, disappointments are inevitable. . .but we must remember how fortunate we are that we can even have such a discussion, so forgive me for repeating that whatever performance is chosen for the DVD, it will be wonderful, & I will be very happy & grateful for it.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

holydove wrote:So if the DVD is that Dublin concert, at least we will have the new song!
Rachel, maybe I missed something important from my view, but I believe that jdhayes has asked: "But the question remains: will there be a new DVD of the Dublin concert or not?" - and Jarkko has answered: "Not in the foreseeable future."
holydove

Post by holydove »

Goldin wrote:
holydove wrote:So if the DVD is that Dublin concert, at least we will have the new song!
Rachel, maybe I missed something important from my view, but I believe that jdhayes has asked: "But the question remains: will there be a new DVD of the Dublin concert or not?" - and Jarkko has answered: "Not in the foreseeable future."
Hi Roman - no, you didn't miss anything, that is indeed what Jarkko said! So I don't think the DVD will contain a Dublin concert, therefore, the statement I made, which you quoted, is completely irrelevant. I guess I was just referencing wishes that others have expressed - sorry for any confusion I may have caused!
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

But let's not forget the unforeseeable future! Hope springs eternal...
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

So, any updates on the new DVD?
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
johnos

Post by johnos »

until Jarkko rules out a live in Dublin DVD, I remain cautiously optimistic that we will have a Live in Dublin DVD albeit not in the foreseeable future, Christmas 2014?, its on good authority that the 2013 concerts in Dublin were recorded with a planned live DVD in mind, but being live shows who knows if the recording will ever see the light etc. its very logical that there will be an old ideas tour live dvd.
stephencharlton

Post by stephencharlton »

Don't care where it is recorded, Dublin, Sydney et al. Leonard will decide what where and when.
Trust him !
2008 Manchester
London O2 x3
2009 Berlin
2010 Poland
2012 Belgium
2013 London 02
BigO

2013 Tour DVD?

Post by BigO »

I have been a fan of Leonard Cohen for 45 years, though last night (Adelaide Concert Dec 11 2013) I saw him live for the first time. This was a beautiful concert, and exceeded my expectations.

One lady I overheard stated that this concert was better than the one in 2010. I cannot judge that as I was not there in 2010. All I can say is that I will remember this concert for a very long time.

Getting to the point. Will there be a DVD produced from any concert on this current 2013 tour? I would really like to be able to re-experience this concert with the current 2013 band.

BigO
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

I have written to Santa Claus with my list, Jarkko. He lives up your way I think. Any influence over him?
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Can't wait, whenever it will come out and which ever concert it will be GREAT!!!
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

I am sure there will be a DVD from any of the concerts. It will be a great one, just like the Life in London concert DVD. Can't wait.
Annette60

Post by Annette60 »

I'd just love a DVD from anywhere on the current tour, I attended Chch and first Wellington one, can't find anything from these concerts on youtube, I just want to relive it, can't bear it if it's the end of being able to watch Leonard.
Is the Auckland concert the last scheduled concert at this point?
Annette60

Post by Annette60 »

The more I think about it, the more I think a DVD of last night's Auckland concert would be the most appropriate, sounds like it
was perfect, and being the last would be so nostalgic and meaningful to us all.

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”