URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
mnkyface

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by mnkyface »

First of all, I agree the blame should be on AEG. As Jim Devlin said, scheduling is not Leonard's job. Obviously AEG felt that the majority of O2 attendees would not be inconvenienced by the change (and might even prefer it) - otherwise AEG would not have made the (unfortunate) decision.

Re: travel: Everyone's concert-going situation is different and I'm well aware of distances in the UK. My thought was more of a general one, that LC has been all over the UK and Europe many times since he started touring again. Many fans do in fact travel to a lot of shows outside of their hometowns which have been well-covered by LC over the last 5 years. I don't mean to knock them (really! hey maybe I'm just jealous ;)), or to minimize the disappointment and inconvenience this recent mistake has caused those in the UK who are missing their chance to see LC.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by jackiet »

I still haven't received an e-mail either telling me about the re-scheduled date, I found out when I logged onto Facebook this morning! I cannot believe that when I raised the issue of 'Day of Atonement' (Yom Kippur) in my post on this forum on the day the of the pre-sale no-one took a lot of notice and I was assured it was OK! I did a lot of research on the internet (I am now Jewish so did not know a lot about it) and, as far as I was concerned, as it was a day of fasting, I couldn't see how Leonard could possibly perform for 3/4 hours in the late evening as he normally does. Why didn't someone take action then? I had tickets when it happened last year at Verona, luckily I was staying for several nights so was OK, but am aware that a lot of people fly in for 1 night so are not so lucky. My sympathies go out to all of you who will miss out on the chance to see Leonard (I saw him at the O2 in June and it was one of the best Leonard gigs (I've been fortunate enough to go to a lot,) and those who will be 'out of pocket' as a result of these re-scheduled dates. I really think Leonard needs to employ me as his personal PA to sort out his tour dates!!
Jackie
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

I take back some of what I've just said, I've just received the e-mail from AEG (at last) - I think I will reply to them and say 'I respectfully pointed out that one of his dates was scheduled on a day of solemn religious observance' (I didn't realize the Leeds date was as well) - I wish I'd suggested then that he'd re-scheduled!!

Jackie
Caren

Post by Caren »

Just wanted to inform that the email from AEG has arrived at 2:32 am today. Apparently they have a lot of those to send which takes some time.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I have just noticed that the date for Verona in 2012 was changed for the same reason ie it originally fell on Yom Kippur. This would seem to absolve Leonard himself of blame this time (not that I or anyone else I have read has blamed him despite any evidence as to who's fault this is) as Verona would suggest that Leonard's preference not to perform on Yom Kippur was well established.

We cannot however determine whether the blame lies with Leonard's personal management or AEG but my instinct tells me that it is for his personal management to ensure that his personal requirements are adhered to. AEG can only take instructions from Leonard's management or if AEG propose a schedule it is then for Leonard's management to check and approve.

My views about compensation that I have reiterated several times on this thread remain as firm as ever and now even more so.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Ingrid

Post by Ingrid »

Mail from AEG arrived this morning :(
Don't feel good about this all and don't know what to think about it...
Frances Clynes

Post by Frances Clynes »

As a long time follower of Leonard I feel hurt and let down by the way he has treated us in this. He is well aware that people travel from all over the world to his concerts and many, including me, will lose a lot of money over this.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I will ever feel the same about him again
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Caren wrote:Just wanted to inform that the email from AEG has arrived at 2:32 am today. Apparently they have a lot of those to send which takes some time.
I got a second e-mail at 01:48 UK time (the first was 09:01 yesterday morning) so it looks as if they responded to the comments about people not receiving notification by re-sending the e-mail. Hopefully everyone got it this time round.

Wendy
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Caren wrote:Just wanted to inform that the email from AEG has arrived at 2:32 am today. Apparently they have a lot of those to send which takes some time.
I got a second e-mail at 01:48 UK time (the first was 09:01 yesterday morning) so it looks as if they responded to the comments about people not receiving notification by re-sending the e-mail. Hopefully everyone got it this time round.

Wendy
I too received a second email this morning Wendy. So either it's a 'belt and braces' approach, or a complete mess. Either way, I'm still at a loss (pardon the pun!) as to what to do. :roll:

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I've been doing some research on Judaism's list of the 613 Commandments http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

It should be noted that commandment 55 says "Not to wrong the stranger in buying or selling" (take heed AEG!).

Meanwhile commandment 394 requires those concerned "To set apart a portion of the dough for the Kohein" (I guess that gets looked after).

Commandment 110 says "Not to do work on Shabbat" so potentially every Saturday gig could be cancelled (though fortunately not last year's Wembley gig).

Leonard could get around these rules by affirming that many have claimed his concerts are a religious experience, so he is leading his audience closer to G-d.

That said, I personally believe the Sixties saying that "Every day is a holy day" (or it ain't what you do but the way that you do it!). :)
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Hi

At the end of the day, the buck stops in Cohen desk, he is the boss and though he may have organisers who plan these things, he should have the final say. when he knows people go to extreme lenght to go to his concerts and buy non refundable air line tickets etc, to cancel it now is wrong. whether its for religious beliefs or not. Surely a calender was used and dates were planned for well in advance. change of concerts are becoming too frequent for him now. i think the least aeg can do is give money back to the people who bought the tickets and give them free tickets to the new concert.

amcgee
DavidfromEaling

Post by DavidfromEaling »

The whole thing is a total disgrace.

There are such things as principles, which include keeping to contracts and agreements made. We'd all understand if the date was changed because of illness or something unavoidable.

But to change it - and cause a lot of people a lot of financial and other inconvenience - simply because of the religious significance of the date is indefensible. Leonard should have specified dates which were not acceptable to him when the tour was arranged.

I will go - but the event will be coloured by this cockup.
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

I believe LC gave the go-ahead for these original concert dates but has since simply changed his mind and instructed AEG to reschedule.
I wonder if he would have changed dates in this way back in early stages of the 2008 tour when he was trying to establish himself again as a performer. Somehow I doubt he would have risked that.
He is in a very different comfortable place now knowing that wherever he goes the shows will sell out whatever ticket price is set.
LC has made a serious misjudgement here by taking his fans for granted.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

My contact at AEG emailed that they re-sent the email last night to everybody who got tickets at our presale, to make sure that everybody is officially informed. That's why some of you got it twice.
I also asked them to check why some members have not received the e-ticket.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

jarkko wrote:My contact at AEG emailed that they re-sent the email last night to everybody who got tickets at our presale, to make sure that everybody is officially informed. That's why some of you got it twice.
I also asked them to check why some members have not received the e-ticket.
Thank you, Jarkko.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”