Hey That's No Way / Hello to this forum

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
robertchao

Hey That's No Way / Hello to this forum

Post by robertchao »

When my friend Iris Chang passed away on Nov. 9, I memorialized her by playing "Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye" over and over again. Then I listened to other Leonard songs all through the night. It was a Leonard Cohen-like thing to do. I would have gotten drunk but that's not my way.

And hello to this forum! It's great to see the unique songwriter has such a huge following.

Robert Chao
http://www.treewalkfilms.com
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Welcome, Robert! I'm sorry about your friend. On such night, only Leonard Cohen's music could help.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear Robert,

I send my sincere sympathy also. Just this week I read of Iris in the online journal, "Salon." For those who weren't familiar with her, this might be a good introduction. One can get a free daily pass, by watching a commercial-then wait until it says "Enter Salon Premium."

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/1 ... index.html

She was, indeed, a remarkable person.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Welcome to the site Robert and thanks for making me aware of Iris Chang.
I took a look at the site Joe gave, I found it very informative and as a result will be getting hold of a copy of "The rape of Nanking".
It seems we have lost a very great talent.

Wendy
pipkinra

Post by pipkinra »

Welcome Robert. I have heard of Iris and seen her in interviews when the 'Rape of Nanking' was published. She was a very passionate person and sincerely tried to make the world aware of a serious wrong that had been done to a people.
Il y a beaucoup de choses dans la vie a expérience. Et par le music de Leonard Cohen j'ai expérienté plusieurs de les..

There are many things to experience in life. And through the music of Leonard Cohen I have experienced many of them.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Robert ~

I wasn't aware of this thread when I responded on your other one. I've heard of Iris and a couple of her books, particularly "The Rape of Nanking." I look forward to reading about her in the link Joe has provided. Such a tragic loss to her family, the world, and what could have been the rest of her life. Your turning to Leonard's music in your grieving is something I understand so well. I've turned to him during my times of deepest sorrow.

~ Elizabeth

Return to “Comments & Questions”