Dates for us? Pain in the back

A new, growing section for more exciting news
morechocs

Dates for us? Pain in the back

Post by morechocs »

I am a new forum contributor but very long time LC follower and fan. Have been glued to this forum for months waiting.. and waiting... and waiting for some dates for uk/western europe. Snapped up london tho least favourite venue in entire country, many rumours/hints/suggestions new dates would be announced, put holiday arrangements on hold. PLEASE jarkko, marie, whoever, if there are new dates even in the pipeline, please can you let us know?? Really starting to feel that people like me (and the supposed 200-300 suggested elsewhere, prob more like 2000-3000 people who want to go to multiple - or ANY) gigs, are being treated like crap. Thanks
John Etherington

Re: Dates for us? Pain in the back

Post by John Etherington »

Personally, I'd be surprised if a U.K. leg happens now...especially since flu has set-in and dates are having to be re-scheduled. The U.K. seems to be off Leonard's radar in recent years...though I guess they might, as an afterthought, slot in a show at a stadium in Manchester or somewhere like that? Mercury retrograde on...
Last edited by John Etherington on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Jarkko has given us the "Patience" word about "UK". So let's put our trust in him. Let's get rid off this last snow and then things will fall into place I guess.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
pironi

Post by pironi »

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/press/pres ... ummer-time

AEG has licence to one of world's biggest open air concert areas. AEG is the organiser of Mr. Cohen's tour. UK is waiting for Mr. Cohen. So, why not...?

Pietro.
evie

Post by evie »

Personally I would prefer a smaller more intimate indoor venue than Hyde Park?
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
fusional

Post by fusional »

A source I trust has him down as a strong rumour for a Hyde Park slot as part of that new Summertime festival.

I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

With AEG playing a huge part in all this, who knows, L.C might well appear but might we have known about it by now? Or of course, AEG might like other dates in the UK/Europe sold first? Just a thought.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Oh no, not Hyde Park!...singalongalenny at another ghastly overpriced London venue (and can't you just imagine them all cheering when he sings "I've seen your flag on the Marble Arch"?!). Last year it was strongly tipped that the Beach Boys would play there, but fortunately they didn't.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

John Etherington wrote:Oh no, not Hyde Park!...singalongalenny at another ghastly overpriced London venue (and can't you just imagine them all cheering when he sings "I've seen your flag on the Marble Arch"?!). Last year it was strongly tipped that the Beach Boys would play there, but fortunately they didn't.
I'm with you on this one John. Sadly (for me), I'd give this a miss. Can only hope Leonard tours the UK.

But then again, I'm just a crazy kid with a dream.

Thankfully.
To live outside the law you must be honest
Patrick Scott Hogg

Lenny Please come and Gig in SCOTLAND again!

Post by Patrick Scott Hogg »

As a fan of many years and one who knew the amazing wonder of your lyrics on first hearing them - us poet's of the heart always know each other even if we do not meet- I would ask that you consider adding one tour date to your long schedule and return to a nation where you are loved - to bonnie SCOTLAND. I have heard you in Glasgow and in Edinburgh a few times and would love to hear you again. Many Scots will not travel to London in England. So I speak for many fans when I ask you to consider adding one more date to your tour. We in Scotland see you as the Michaelangelo of lyrics and adore what are the greatest spiritual hymns of the 20th and 21st century, even the athiests among us too................if your schedule is too busy, then please consider a one off gig in Scotland for 2014. We adore you Lenny. Come home to SCotland! Your fan - Patrick
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

morechocs wrote: Have been glued to this forum for months waiting.. and waiting... Really starting to feel that people like me are being treated like crap. Thanks
Agreed. Another MONTH has passed since this post. No news since.
Even patience has a limit...
Ring the bells that still can ring...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hyde Park will not happen. UK tour later in the summer. No concerts in Ireland. That's the latest update.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ignorer

Post by ignorer »

Any chance of a concert in Serbia? Last year you wrote it wasn't going to happen, but maybe something has changed in the meantime? (grasping at straws here :( )

***let's wait and see what happens. / jarkko***
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

jarkko wrote: No concerts in Ireland.
Thank you for this. Even when news is bad it is better to know the situation rather than be left wondering.

Later edit: This is the first unequivocal statement that there will be no concerts in Ireland. (Some of us still had hopes for Belfast!) Up to this it has been (an increasingly tiresome ) guessing game. It still remains so for our friends in the UK.
Last edited by Athnuachan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ring the bells that still can ring...
carlowmikefan

Post by carlowmikefan »

Athnuachan wrote:
jarkko wrote: No concerts in Ireland.
Thank you for this. Even when news is bad it is better to know the situation rather than be left wondering.
well, I booked my holidays weeks ago, so whatever happens happens... (or doesn't, unfortunately... :cry: )

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”