Without You

This is for your own works!!!
mat james

Re: Without You

Post by mat james »

"I wasn't brave enough. And I wasn't kind enough."

wow!
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Boss

Post by Boss »

How come we aren't brave enough, how come we aren't kind enough?
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Cate

Post by Cate »

I don't know, it's a good question though. I agree with Mat's Wow I.F.

Beaches are nice Adam - they can feel nice, in the same way that the sun feels nice.
Tomorrow

Evil comes in many shades. In Star Wars, Luke was up against an entire empire of it. So was Gandhi. Makes you think about bullies. How they always fall, always. How good transcends the evil lie. I used to be a bully, especially in high school. I ended up a nobody, nothing. It doesn't work. Right now on this planet we have bullies determining our fates - what we're allowed to have, know and be. What we can buy, who we must pay. Often they go undetected - never being questioned of their power and their privilege. But there is something that knows, there is Justice. There is indeed 'a mighty judgement coming'. And no one can stop it. No one.
Gandhi and Starwars!.
I saw this the other day on facebook. It's American and I'm not sure how valid the stats are, but it was interesting.

http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-ame ... g=2&c=upw1
abby

Post by abby »

Cate wrote:I agree with Mat's Wow I.F.
mat james wrote:"I wasn't brave enough. And I wasn't kind enough."

wow!
Thirded.

p.s. I'm really enjoying being a witness to this thread : )
Boss

Post by Boss »

Luke Skywalker and Mohandas Gandhi - think of what they did, both against incredible odds - you see the same hero act. Use your imagination.

You don't know why we aren't brave or kind enough. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe we are just too bogged down in capitalism and materialism - we don't want to risk what we have.
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Boss

Post by Boss »

I listen to 'Somewhere'
Streisand does it best
I think of Emerald
Making love by a stream
I take your hand
The pain ends

Good Shabbos to you, darling
Adam
Kush

Post by Kush »

Luke Skywalker and Mohandas Gandhi - think of what they did, both against incredible odds - you see the same hero act. Use your imagination.
Howdy Boss,

Thanks to Hollywood Gandhi has acquired a hero-worship status mainly in the West. However, the real story is far more nuanced both in his politics as well as his personal life and his real impact on attaining freedom from the British is at the very least debatable. I wouldn't consider him a hero act.

Luke Skywalker I agree with you - he is the real hero.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Tall poppy syndrome.

Enjoy the Sabbath, Kush,
Boss
mat james

Post by mat james »

"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Kush

Post by Kush »

Guys just to be clear I am not criticizing him so much as saying that he is undeserving of the hero worship. Better to see him as a real person and politician.

Dr. BR Ambedkar on Gandhi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNSQcEx02A

Sugata Bose on Gandhi's statement about earthquake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxf6OWR_8IA
Boss

Post by Boss »

To nevadi Kush, milovanie je prvi
Violet

Post by Violet »

Cate wrote: I saw this the other day on facebook. It's American and I'm not sure how valid the stats are, but it was interesting.

http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-ame ... g=2&c=upw1
Hi Cate. At a site called "Of Two Minds.com," Charles Hugh Smith claims to have been discussing just such data for years. [I know I've heard stats like this for years myself] Although I've only just glanced at this just now, this looks to be a good overview:

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjuly11/we ... -6-11.html
Violet
Boss

Post by Boss »

Cate and Violet, thank you for the links. It all seems so unfair, so hopeless.

But there is a way out - ban money. Incentive is already here but we do not see it. Locked into our primitive mindset, the one developed by ancient kings and emperors, we wallow about aimlessly in finance and greed. There is a way - ban money.

The last lines in the Gospel of Thomas go something like this : 'The kingdom of God is spread out upon the earth but men do not see it'

Boss
Violet

Post by Violet »

It's funny you should say that, Boss. I just discovered this, which you might call a "money substitute":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

http://bitcoin.org/

Also: check out The Keiser Report, which I also just discovered, on RTV [Russian T.V.], and also on line. Max Keiser is not alone in saying that the next big bust is on the way, given our debt-run economy. [in britland that would be the bond market, in particular]

Keiser is pretty entertaining.. [especially considering the rather sobering message he's wielding] Anyway, his show is where I just learned of "Bitcoin."

.. so, apparently, there are vendors and services that use Bitcoin, should one make the switch--oh, and which can be found on the Bitcoin site.

anyway, as I said, I only just heard of all this, and thought I'd pass this info. along.

Actually, here's Max Keiser's site:

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/

okay.. well.. here's hoping.. I don't know.. that we all switch to Bitcoin and live Happily Ever After?

v. x
Violet
Tchocolatl

Re: With You

Post by Tchocolatl »

Kush, anybody but you maybe, thinks that a human being could (or shall be) perfect. The human nature is all about imperfection. But such an imperfect human being may do some kind of let say mainly good actions while others, well...

There is a difference between being, doing. (Boing). Some actions fly high some others are drawning, and some others died in the dust, but imperfect for ever the human who does them all. Only Love is immortal like life cycles (and I think, allows them for us), this is why it is important to love so much in a lifetime. Trying to be perfect is a loss of time that could be more well spend in trying to love as perfectly as possible, in our own all different ways.

Jai Guru Dev, Kush.

Boss, money is just a symbol, a mean of exchange, that has no value in itself and is not good or bad in itself. What is called "money" has only the value that mankind allows to it. This is not money that is the trouble, the trouble is making an idol of money and worshipping it before anything, instead of doing the real business of Life.

Shalom, Boss.

Have a nice Sabbath.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”