HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
leonardthecat

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by leonardthecat »

jarkko wrote:Just received from AEG:
Eventim are working on sending the emails out to all customers who have tickets held like for like of what they have originally purchased

The original purchase will be cancelled and they will have a link and a pass code to purchase a like for like ticket from held inventory. This is not a 'presale' but a specifically held allocation for these customers.

I am speaking to Eventim now to ensure this message is clear and simple to any customers speaking to their call centre.

Thanks Jarkko
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks Jarkko. I just spoke to Eventim again and they were much more sympathetic - but couldn't help me as I still don't have any e-mails.

I can't believe this is happening (again ....)

Wendy
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis »

jarkko wrote:We have now received this official information from AEG:

HOP FARM SHOWS TO BE MOVED
NEW VENUE ANNOUNCED AS WEMBLEY ARENA
SAME DATES - 8 & 9 SEPTEMBER 2012

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard Cohen’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue. However, Cohen will now be performing at a new London venue on the same dates.
Cohen will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place in the fully seated and historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

Ticketholders for the Hop Farm concerts should contact their point of sale for refund/new ticket issue. Such Ticketholders will also be invited to an exclusive pre-sale to purchase tickets for the new Wembley Arena dates and to have first access to the best seats in the house.

Musician, Poet, Novelist and arguably one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time – Leonard Cohen has returned to the world stage! Don’t miss the magnetic and inimitable Leonard Cohen as he plays London with the most emotive, poignant and legendary concerts not to be missed.

Leonard Cohen’s Old Ideas World Tour opened in Ghent, Belgium with five sold-out shows and reviews that were even more superlative than for his previous world tour. Nieuwsblad declared “Leonard Cohen steals all hearts in Ghent...a sultry, musically great evening” while De Standaard stated that "Cohen kept the audience effortlessly captivated with new songs from his new album, and many classics... He is a category and class apart." La Presse hailed "The concert...Impeccable. Generous. Sometimes moving... His concert is a rare depth, away from the din and the ephemeral of the modern world." Luxemburger Wort recounted "A rare concert and perfect in every way... Exceptional sound quality at the site can detect the notes of every instrumentalist." Finally, De Telegraaf concluded "We were moved to tears...The man is the embodiment of enchantment."

What to do next?

Forum members holding tickets for Hop Farm will be receiving an email explaining how to exchange their current ticket for like for like tickets at Wembley Arena. If you did not get the email, the agent probably does not have your email address. Please contact the agent directly.

Forum members who don't have tickets to Hop Farm but would like to get tickets: we have a presale for you, active now. Please see a separate thread at viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32595. Public sale begins tomorrow (Friday).

PLEASE NOTE AGAIN that the link to the Wembley presale are for those fans only not holding tickets to Hop Farms, who would now like to attend Leonard's concert at Wembley Arena.
Jarkko can you please update this post? It seems that even people holding tickets should now run and buy new tickets as the good ones seem to disappear very quickly and most people haven't receive an email. There is a possibility that I have misunderstood something but it is my understanding that everyone should go for the presale if they want to keep their good row seats

***From Jarkko:
No need to update it - it is still correct. The sellers are holding new Wembley tickets for those who have Hop Farm tickets. I am copying my recent update here (copy of email received from AEG some moments ago):

Eventim are working on sending the emails out to all customers who have tickets held like for like of what they have originally purchased

The original purchase will be cancelled and they will have a link and a pass code to purchase a like for like ticket from held inventory. This is not a 'presale' but a specifically held allocation for these customers.

I am speaking to Eventim now to ensure this message is clear and simple to any customers speaking to their call centre.
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I still haven't had any emails from Eventim either
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Thanks Jarkko and everyone for trying to help us see through this confusion.

I'm still waiting for an email, but it seems odd that Eventim Wembley seating chart suggests they're already selling tickets in rows previously sold for Hop Farm - maybe a new Wembley seating plan will be posted?

Hope for the best...
...like one who believes
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

My email came through. Like for like ie. row 4 Hop Farm is row 4 Wembley. Have to pay again but will get refund of original tickets within 5 days.
DMark

Post by DMark »

Just got my email and re-booked row 4 tickets. I guess they may be sending out emails a row at a time?
merepseudmcl

Post by merepseudmcl »

Just got my e-mail and rebooked...row 4 in block A3, so rather happy with that. Still piss-poor how this has been handled, but anyway. Roll on Saturday 8th (my first Leonard Cohen gig, eep)!
shush1

Post by shush1 »

I keep getting link for Saturday show what about the Sunday show? Can someone send me the link for the Sunday show please?

Thanks
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

No email yet but I was in row 13 so maybe they are working through them in order
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

.......... now doing Row 5 .......

nb re transport: Paralympics closing Sunday evening. Guess there will be things going on on Saturday too. [look up Transport for London website for info.]
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
TheWrongMan

Post by TheWrongMan »

I received my email from Eventim and got a 3rd row ticket for Wembley on saturday to replace my 3rd row ticket for Hop Farm so like for like as Jarkko said.
I hope everybody else gets a similar result.

Good Luck!
1993:London RAH 2008:London O2 x 2, London RAH, Brighton 2009:Weybridge, Liverpool, Barcelona 2010: Lille 2012:Wembly 2013:London O2
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

I just got my e-mail and got row 6 seats in block A3 which I'm happy with as I originally had row K for Hop Farm so the tickets are slightly better, although I'm not a fan of Wembley Arena, I was really looking forward to going to Hop Farm, will now have to cancel by hotel booking. At least we'll be dry if it rains!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Just spoke to Eventim - again. Seems 9 Sept is not on sale yet. They are sending out e-mails and codes for the 8th first.

By the time I got my code for the first show, all the front row centre tickets had been sold so I have been "downgraded" from centre front to side. Oh well, at least it's still front row.

I am too old for all this stress and chaos. I am assuming that the switch of venue is genuinely outwith management/ AEG's control this time round so I am taking my financial losses (hotel etc) on the chin but that doesn't make it all any less stressful and frustrating. The complete mis-information from Eventim doesn't help.

Wendy
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

Well still waiting for my email. In fact I live in south east England so accommodation not an issue but a thought occurs, will those who bought missed event insurance and are coming from some distance, be able to claim for accommodation, transport etc?

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”