HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
LC&LC

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by LC&LC »

This change of venue makes things much easier for me and it looks like I'm in for another concert! (Saturday Sept 8th)
I've purchased about an hour ago my ticket for the Wembley Arena show on Sat and got a seat block A3, row 13, seat 35 which looks to be right in front or the stage, but 13th row back....
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

Just posted on Facebook:

A Day At The Hop Farm and 2 others posted about Leonard Cohen.

A Day At The Hop Farm
HOP FARM SHOWS TO BE MOVED.
NEW VENUE ANNOUNCED AS WEMBLEY ARENA
SAME DATES - 8 & 9 SEPTEMBER 2012

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard Cohen’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.

Cohen will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place in the fully seated and historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

Ticket holders for the Hop Farm concerts should contact their point of sale for refund/new ticket issue. Such Ticketholders will also be invited to an exclusive pre-sale to purchase tickets for the new Wembley Arena dates and to have first access to the best seats in the house.

We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Kanga wrote:I booked with ticket master. Does that apply to anyone else? They are still selling tickets for the Hop Farm - no acknowledgement of a change..
Yep - my husband has just gone through the process of buying a ticket for the Sunday night via Ticketmaster (cancelling just before the purchase went through of course!)

Surely ticket sales should be on hold at the very least, even if Ticketmaster don't have all the info they need to make the switch to Wembley.

Wendy
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

I see on the new Eventim presale there is no option to print your own tickets as before; they will be issued only by post
lil2

Change of Venue

Post by lil2 »

Just heard that The Hop Farm has been changed to wembly arena! what on earth are the organisers thinking. thousands of people have booked trave/hotels etc and Wembly is not exactly the same experience at all. soooo dissapointed.
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

Ticketholders will also be invited to an exclusive pre-sale to purchase tickets for the new Wembley Arena dates and to have first access to the best seats in the house. (Facebook announcement)

So this simply isn't true.
merepseudmcl

Post by merepseudmcl »

Well this is horrible. Glad I hadn't booked travel yet, but since I had central seats for row 9 on the Saturday, I've very concerned that the pre-sale has already started up. Has ANYONE heard from EventIM yet, or should I give them a ring? Also, I can't see the seating plan on the pre-sale link, could anyone post up the new seating plan so I have some idea of what seats I might end up with/what to go for?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

LHHUNTER wrote:I see on the new Eventim presale there is no option to print your own tickets as before; they will be issued only by post
Odd - I got that option with my new ticket for 9 Sept. I opted for a "hard" ticket by post instead.

Wendy
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

The Paralympics will be on in London with the Closing Ceremony on Sunday 9th Sept - public transport could be crowded.
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

OK, I got the email - a special one for front row ticket holders. They have given me replacement front row tickets. I had to buy them again, but will have the old ones refunded. Here is the mail:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.

You will be refunded the price of your tickets for the original Hop Farm event within the next five working days.

Leonard will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World Tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place indoors, fully seated at London’s historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

As a Fanclub Presale Customer you purchased front row tickets and we would like to ensure you get the same quality of seats as you purchased for the Hop Farm. Please use the following link, select the special promotion ‘Front Row Bookers 0809’ and input your unique promotion code
So, still a shambles, and I feel like I have aged 10 years, but they have honoured my tickets, which is decent.
Last edited by somewhat_nifty on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Well going by the information in the first post that JarKko received from AEG, once again it seems that AEG don't really have a clue and are interested only in one thing.

I'll let you all guess what that might be!

Not Jarkko's fault of course, he can only pass on what info he is given.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

somewhat_nifty wrote:OK, I got the email - a special one for front row ticket holders. They have given me replacement front row tickets. I had to buy them again, but will have the old ones refunded. Here is the mail:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.

You will be refunded the price of your tickets for the original Hop Farm event within the next five working days.

Leonard will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World Tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place indoors, fully seated at London’s historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

As a Fanclub Presale Customer you purchased front row tickets and we would like to ensure you get the same quality of seats as you purchased for the Hop Farm. Please use the following link, select the special promotion ‘Front Row Bookers 0809’ and input your unique promotion code
So, still a shambles, and I feel like I have aged 10 years, but they have honoured my tickets, which is decent.

Good for you!

But what about 3rd row ticket holders etc etc etc......?
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

imyourwoman wrote:

Good for you!

But what about 3rd row ticket holders etc etc etc......?
There was multiple choice options for if you have 1st second or third row, here is the link, but you need a special code too:

http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?f ... iliate=CSU

I think folks will have to wait for their own emails unfortunately.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

looks that way - but thanks for the info!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Just received from AEG:
Eventim are working on sending the emails out to all customers who have tickets held like for like of what they have originally purchased

The original purchase will be cancelled and they will have a link and a pass code to purchase a like for like ticket from held inventory. This is not a 'presale' but a specifically held allocation for these customers.

I am speaking to Eventim now to ensure this message is clear and simple to any customers speaking to their call centre.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”