Important announcement coming

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
real-alan

Re: Important announcement tonight

Post by real-alan »

The dates have disappeared from the AEG Live site now..... :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Nefelly

Post by Nefelly »

Unless they have removed them from their website fairly recently , Eventim have the Wembley basic details !!!

I had such terrific Hop Farm seats too although I did have an uneasy feeling about it all from the start ....... we wont now have to worry about the weather will we ?
meglos2000

Important announcement tonight

Post by meglos2000 »

I have just checked the hop farm festival website and it is totally offline.

This doesn't look good...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

http://www.eventim.co.uk/leonard-cohen- ... uid=242104

That wasn't there earlier!

Curiouser and curiouser :shock:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
rpan

Post by rpan »

I cannot believe they are doing this two weeks before the concert!
6 weeks maybe, 2 weeks just pisses me off frankly.
I have 2 nights hotel booked in Maidstone, airfare, hire car, excellent seat for first night in 2nd row AND I have sold two excellent seats for night 2 to other people so that will all have to be sorted out in reverse.
I am a pretty easy going person but this is just not treating people very well in my view.
Sorry that has got it off my chest ;-)
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
chrissie01

Re: Important announcement coming

Post by chrissie01 »

This makes a big difference to me, and the information has come so late. If it were Leonard's will, I would accept it graciously as a decision that had to be made...but it doesnt feel like that to me, and the chaos of the websites has thrown me into total confusion. It seems unlikely that I can get to this concert now, at that venue, due to the timing and other commitments already in place, which is very disappointing, and I am probably going to have to sort out a refund :cry:
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
Lorca1999

Post by Lorca1999 »

Hiya
Assuming Wembley goes ahead, does anyone know what the seating is like? Is the floor area tiered at all, or are you better off going for an side balcony type thing to get a good view? Any suggestions?
Ta
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Literally just got back from Amsterdam to this "breaking news". I've got mixed feelings about it really. I wasn't looking forward to Hop Farm and would normally welcome the switch to an indoor venue but I really can't stand Wembley Arena. Big impersonal place with cr*p sound. Oh well: I suppose if anyone can make it sound good Leonard can.

Silly question time: normally when there's a change of venue, they simply transfer bookings to equivalent seats at the new venue. Why can't they do this for the apparent switch from Hop Farm to Wembley Arena? I have a fabulous front row seat for the Saturday which I'd rather like to keep. I suppose all will be explained in the forthcoming press release.

BTW I have a non-refundable hotel booking in Tonbridge. More money lost due to last minute changes. I suppose the only silver lining is that I'll use less petrol to north London.

Wendy
rpan

Post by rpan »

Been mooching about the web. Vince Power company posted profit warning early August due to losses at the Hop Farm festival this year and he said he needed more funding, so my guess is he has more or less gone bust and cannot finance the event ... Some or all will be revealed shortly.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Nefelly wrote: we wont now have to worry about the weather will we ?
I bought a new pair of wellies specially for the Hop Farm ....

Wendy
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

:o(

It seems to me that if the Hop Farm management cannot fulfill their obligations for the LC Concerts then it is fantastic that a replacement venue has been found at such short notice.

I don't know how the Hop Farm tickets are going to be handled but I'm sure that the best possible outcome (everyone is hoping) will eventuate.

I really feel for all those holding tickets.

I'm sure everyone is thinking of you.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have now all the information. Go to this thread to read about the venue change to the Wembley Arena, and what to do next if you either have or don't have Hop Farm tickets but want to see the Wembley concert(s): viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32594
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Jeremy

Important announcement coming

Post by Jeremy »

Like rpan, I'm an easy going type as well and I know things can go wrong sometimes. But I am interested in the message now appearing on the Hop Farm website:

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: A DAY AT THE HOP FARM - LEONARD COHEN
Date Start08 September 2012 Date End09 September 2012
We have received information from the organisers of the Leonard Cohen concerts on the 8-9 September that the event has moved to Wembley Arena. The Hop Farm is not privy to any more detail and all enquirers/ticket holders should contact their point of purchase (Main Ticket Agent: Eventim on 0844 249 1000)"

If this is to be relied upon, it does raise questions about AEG's actions at this late point in time. Tickets and other outlays will have been incurred by many people in readiness for this event, and two weeks notice is hardly reasonable or practical to enable these to be reversed and for finances to be kept intact.

I do feel AEG should say rather more than they have so far about the reasons behind this action.
Manchester Opera House 2008 - Edinburgh Castle 2008 - Albert Hall 2008 - Manchester MEN 2008 - Liverpool Echo Arena 2009 - Florence 2010 - Manchester Arena 2013
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

I'm not privy to any information, other than what is publicly available, but do have a little experience (even that may be overstating it.. :oops: ) - my suspicion would be that the promoters (Hop Farm) were not able to meet financial guarantees/advance payments, and so AEG looked for another option, rather than simply cancelling (hope I haven't libelled anyone there.... :shock: ) - as a (former, and small scale) promoter, I can testify to the usually strained relationship between promoters and tour management companies.... both think the other one is screwing them over.... with hindsight I think they're both right :lol:

It is a mess, but a little grudging credit to AEG for getting the shows moved, rather than cancelled... hope Wembley got a good deal out of them ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

think I overdid the smilies there..... :oops:

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”