Ten years, 271520 posts and MANY THANKS to JARKKO

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Adrian

Re: Ten years, 271520 posts and MANY THANKS to JARKKO

Post by Adrian »

Thank you, and congratulations, to Jarkko and all the family/team who make things possible here!! Happy 10th, and many more :D
"Why music?" "Why breathing?"
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Happy Happy Birthday to the best Forum on the internet. Thank you so much for changing my life in so many wonderful ways, I have met amazing people, been to incredible countries and places and its all thanks to you. LONG LIVE THE LEONARDCOHENFORUM
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Heartfelt thanks too - for indulging us all in our passions - and for introducing us to so many new and wonderful friends. May the next 10 years be as successful for us all!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

A huge thank you to Jarkko and to everyone else who has made this forum such a special place. Little did I know when I first joined what an incredible experience it would be. I have met so many wonderful people, been to places I have always longed to visit and been to other places that I had no desire to visit but thoroughly enjoyed nonetheless! :D

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
rike

Post by rike »

Happy Anniversary! Discovering your site was one of the luckiest finds of my life. Thanks to you and your family there are no more boring days.
Thank you.
"...A manual for living with defeat..."
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Happy Anniversary to the Leonard Cohen forum.
Thanks so much to all involved in the magic :D :D
Anne and Owen, Ireland.
B4real

Post by B4real »

So many ways to simply say "THANK YOU".

I am reminded of my early days on the forum and this was my third posted thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20233#p207730

....nothing has changed except I have got to know many more of you since then :D
ah yes, it has changed!
Rauli recently managed to make some new tricks that eliminated 99,9 % of our spam problems
Much appreciated!

Happy Official Anniversary. :D This is without a doubt the best place to be!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Happy Birthday to The Leonard Cohen Forum. Thanks to Jarkko and company for starting this adventure. We would never have all the news, reports, insights, and photos that we do without members from all over the world contributing. The Forum has expanded our Cohen community like nothing else before or since. It was the center of our world when nothing was happening and remains the center when everything is happening. Again, thank you Jarkko, thank you to your helpful and patient family and thank you Leonard Cohen, for inspiring all this.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

Congratulations on ten years of being the tie that binds for the worldwide community of Leonard Cohen friends, fans, and followers.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Thank you, dear St. Jarkko and the Workshop Elves, for the many gifts offered on this forum.
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Happy 10 th Birthday Forum. Little did I know when I joined one Monday evening in December almost five years ago what an impact this special place would have on my life. I like many other have met some great people at concerts and events. I have been part of some really interesting discussions here and played a game or two! Plus Iwill never forget when I first read the announcement of the 2008 tour!

Thank you Jarkko and all the other moderators for making the forum such a special place to come to!
Here's to another ten years!

Marsha
Last edited by friscogrl on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Dear Jarkko,

Congratulations on 10 years of the official Leonard Cohen Forum! Your devotion to the words and music of Leonard throughout so many years, and your magnificent ability to manipulate the many ups and downs of administering a Forum filled with multiple personalities (plus spam) is truly amazing. Bravo!!

I know you've not been alone in this endeavour, so many thanks also to Rauli, beautiful Eija, and of course to Marie, Tom, and all the moderators.

Many thanks for teaching us patience....and for sharing so much joy and happiness!

All the best...always,
Diana xoxo
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I would like to also thank you Jarkko and everyone who keeps this great Forum running smoothly. I have really enjoyed my two years as a member and look forward each day to reading the latest posts from around the world.

We have so much to look forward to don't we? :D

Congratulations Jarkko on ten great years.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, a special thanks to Marie for joining in with the other moderators here, and taking a much more active role in being one. Without her assistance in sending out information and then so actively assisting people in negotiating this site and early sales, many would have been left wanting. The role she's played here alongside Jarkko has been immeasurable, and will most assuredly continue to be that and more as time goes on.

Marie jumped right in and became visible in both greeting and assisting new people in our world. There's an image that only those who went to the Berlin Event may recall, if they went along that evening... but we had a lovely young man join our Event group and as we were trying to negotiate walking to the correct bus stop one afternoon for getting to the particular event that evening, he stood at a busy street corner, beneath his umbrella in the rain and with a huge smile and friendly voice, pointed each of us as we came along to where we needed to go. It's an image that hearkens to how Marie has been since taking on her 'moderator' role here, in addition to her administrative roles elsewhere. A huge labour of love. Thanks, Marie, for your, albeit more recent, immense help to Jarkko and this wonderful site. Thanks to the other moderators, as well... and to Rauli's genius in doing such a great job with the Spam issue!

Thanks to all... many thanks.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
tina

Post by tina »

Congratulations and a big thank you for all the people who made this forum work!
It is such a big and special place! Thank you for all the work, the help, the informations and so many great ideas!

Thanks! Danke!
Martina
Brugge July 2008 // Oberhausen November 2008 // Cologne July 2009 // Ghent August 2012 // Mönchengladbach September 2012 // Oberhausen June 2013 // Brussels June 2013

Return to “News”