HOP FARM MEET up

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
simonmoorehead

HOP FARM MEET up

Post by simonmoorehead »

I'm thinking of organising a venue - any interest?

Simon
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
gallina

Re: HOP FARM MEET up

Post by gallina »

Hi Simon!!

IF I could go, I would be interested....don't know yet. It is a so very crazy idea, but never say never :razz:
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
linmag

Post by linmag »

Definitely interested, Simon. We have our tickets. If the gates open at 3 pm, maybe best to organise a meeting point inside the grounds? Or were you thinking of somewhere for lunch?
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Would be interested as well as intend to get there for gates opening....along with everyone else I guess!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

3pm seems very early, especially if you have guaranteed seats! But it would be good to hear the sound check, missed that at Weybridge. Prob best to meetup inside the grounds as there's only one pub close by (just outside the gates as I recall), and it'll probably be rammed!
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
depe

Post by depe »

If the gates open at 3.00 does anyone have a clue what time the performance will actually start? Having suffered the terrile traffic in getting to Weybridge I have heard that Hop Farm may be similar. Having tried to find anyway I could catch a performance elsewhere and finally booking Dublin - I find that he is performing 30 minutes from where I live! After waiting ages to see him again I am now going to see him 2 days apart - not complaining but a bit like eating all the chocs in the box at one go
Weybridge, Lille, O2, Wembley, O2, Brighton, Dublin, O2, Rotterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

depe wrote:After waiting ages to see him again I am now going to see him 2 days apart - not complaining but a bit like eating all the chocs in the box at one go
With one big difference: you won't feel ill afterwards ....... unless you catch a chill in the cold and rain of course but we're thinking Indian summer, aren't we??

Wendy
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

I guess we'll aim to arrive early too, although remembering our last visit to see Elton John a few years back, those who arrived last got out first, but apart from that....it's a nice place if it's dry and there is quite a lot to see and do. We need a map of facilities...will look on line. and see... :) Chrissie (Eastbourne)
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
sueandtony

Post by sueandtony »

I'm up for a meet, but think inside the grounds would be best. We'll aim to be there at 3ish, but had the same experience as Chrissie for the Elton John concert. Maybe they'll sort something better out this time.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

For any travelling to Hop Farm concert from abroad (natives would already know this), be aware that the home of Time Magazine's "Man of the Twentieth Century" is rather close by in Kent. Winston Churchill's home, Chartwell, is a museum where one can see the brick walls and ponds he constructed with his own hands while out of power, walk the rooms and grounds he walked for much of his life, and see all manner of memorabilia from his life. Question for Leonard Cohen experts (I do not know the answer myself): In his music and writings, Leonard Cohen has occasionally referenced 19th/20th century historical figures (Queens Victoria and Elizabeth, Franklin Roosevelt, and Joseph Stalin come to mind); has he ever referenced Winston Churchill?

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
linmag

Post by linmag »

Just bringing this back to the top, as it's not long to go now. I actually emailed the venue asking for the start time of the show as opposed to gate opening time, and asked if they could recommend anywhere for us to meet up. I have not even had an acknowledgement, let alone a useful reply!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

linmag wrote:Just bringing this back to the top, as it's not long to go now. I actually emailed the venue asking for the start time of the show as opposed to gate opening time, and asked if they could recommend anywhere for us to meet up. I have not even had an acknowledgement, let alone a useful reply!
I assume the show will start around 7:30/8pm as usual. I'm sincerely hoping it's not going to be a washout, given how the summer has been so far!
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

I'll be driving up to the Sunday show and back in the early hours. If anyone (up to three) needs a lift from this part of the country drop me a pm.

Cheers,
B
...like one who believes
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Just posted on the Hop Farm facebook feed:
We would like to confirm that two additional train services have been added on both Saturday and Sunday;

• 23:55 Paddock Wood to London Victoria
• 00:25 Paddock Wood to London Charing Cross,

Allowing you all plenty of time to enjoy the music and get home without rushing...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

somewhat_nifty wrote:Just posted on the Hop Farm facebook feed:
We would like to confirm that two additional train services have been added on both Saturday and Sunday;

• 23:55 Paddock Wood to London Victoria
• 00:25 Paddock Wood to London Charing Cross,

Allowing you all plenty of time to enjoy the music and get home without rushing...
Good news. Sounds as if the organisation for the show is beginning to fall in to place. All we need now is a couple of dry days ....

Wendy

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”