When are the next dates and places?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Post by jarkko »

Istanbul and Bucharest are indeed in the tentative list, but today still not confirmed by AEG, and marked with 'not to be announced yet'.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

jarkko wrote:Istanbul and Bucharest are indeed in the tentative list, but today still not confirmed by AEG, and marked with 'not to be announced yet'.
Heh, how does the publication on official site corresponds to "not to be announced" condition?

Love LeonardCohen.com. Most time of the year it doesn't give any actual information, but sometimes it suddenly tells us more than we should know.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

lightasthebreeze - Just to make clear, the "high taxes" excuse for not coming to the U.K. came from the Beach Boys camp- not Leonard's. I know nothing that everyone else here doesn't know about the "Old Ideas" tour. However, knowing how these things work, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there a was a presale for at least one U.K. Leonard gig by this time next week! Pity Leonard's management have to deal with Ticketmaster. You'd have thought by now they would be using a tout-free method of selling tickets (I believe Radiohead successfully put on big concerts where ticket buyers had to produce the credit card they'd used at the door).
johnbhoy26

Post by johnbhoy26 »

It would be far more logical to do Dublin then Belfast and then the UK mainland
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

John Etherington wrote:lightasthebreeze - Just to make clear, the "high taxes" excuse for not coming to the U.K. came from the Beach Boys camp- not Leonard's. I know nothing that everyone else here doesn't know about the "Old Ideas" tour. However, knowing how these things work, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there a was a presale for at least one U.K. Leonard gig by this time next week! Pity Leonard's management have to deal with Ticketmaster. You'd have thought by now they would be using a tout-free method of selling tickets (I believe Radiohead successfully put on big concerts where ticket buyers had to produce the credit card they'd used at the door).
Thanks John. Getting tickets for anything in the UK is naff (Olympics for instance, not that I want a ticket for that) I will be a patient lady!
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
John Etherington

johnbhoy26 wrote:It would be far more logical to do Dublin then Belfast and then the UK mainland

JB26 - That's exactly what I've been saying. Anyway, there are still those mysterious eleven empty days after the second Dublin show, so let's wait and see what happens. I sure ain't paying £400+ for a single ticket and an overnight stay in Europe, when I could get two pairs of London tickets for the same money!
1970: London RAH, Isle of Wight 1972: London RAH 1974: London RAH 1976: London RAH, New Victoria x 3, 1979: Hammersmith x3 1985: Hammersmith 1988: London RAH x 2 1993: London RAH x2 2008: Manchester, London O2, London RAH, Brighton 2009: Weybridge, Liverpool, 2012: Wembley, 2013: Brighton, London O2.
RobH

Post by RobH »

UK fans hold on tight
only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

A long tour......... :D

Feeling rather chuffed with myself, as my strong prediction (along with some others of course) that Leonard would most certainly tour again has come to fruition. ;-) :lol:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
remote1

Post by remote1 »

RobH wrote:UK fans hold on tight
Excellent, gives me a chance to save some money! :D
"We are so lightly here"
John Etherington

Rob H - How do you know this will be a long tour? (I notice you've only posted here three times). Certainly, the UK missed out in 2010 - the nearest the tour came was Lille.
1970: London RAH, Isle of Wight 1972: London RAH 1974: London RAH 1976: London RAH, New Victoria x 3, 1979: Hammersmith x3 1985: Hammersmith 1988: London RAH x 2 1993: London RAH x2 2008: Manchester, London O2, London RAH, Brighton 2009: Weybridge, Liverpool, 2012: Wembley, 2013: Brighton, London O2.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

John,

Rob Hallett is head of AEG in London, who are the international tour organizers.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
B4real

Post by B4real »

Just in case no one has noticed that smilie which didn't show up properly after "tour!" is a wink ;-)

:) ....so....it could lead to this :D for all of you in the UK.

....now I could do with a few meaningful ;-) aimed at Australia!!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Ronaldson wrote:
jarkko wrote:Maybe the old iceberg theory would be a good explanation to this mystery, in the long run?
Is this a hint that the 2012 tour is just the tip of the iceberg? I recall that in the Rolling Stone interview, Mr. Cohen said that he wouldn't want to do just a small tour. So... maybe there are several UK dates planned "in the long run" (2013?).
Don't forget how it all started in 2008... on small scale, similar to this. My strong belief is that this tour will continue similar fashion like the last one, next leg in US and Canada, then Australia and NZ in February "as usual", and then again Spring/Summer/Fall in Europe... We might be looking into another never-ending tour, so I am not sad that I can hardly make it this year (only to Verona, if it all goes well). It is comfortable to hear the same predictions from Mr. Hallett:)
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Thanks Rob, that is great news, both for us in the UK and all those others waiting!
...like one who believes

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”