When are the next dates and places?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
SuzanneT

When are the next dates and places?

Post by SuzanneT »

There have been suggested to be added to other places and dates of other concerts. May I ask when will it be :?:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Mabeanie1

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I wish we knew as well Suzanne. There are some very big gaps in the touring map of Europe at the moment. Including the UK - 3 (incl Belfast) concerts in 2009 and nothing since ...

Wendy
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

this is plain speculation:

ghent, belgium is on 14th of august - copenhagen, denmark is on the 25th of august.
i'd say there is time and space for one show in between.
maybe amsterdam?

and there is 4 days between moenchengladbach and dublin #1 - time and space for another concert in germany, i think.

of course these germany-centered speculations don't have ANYTHING to do with me living in germany ;-)
da2008

Post by da2008 »

There's got to be something in the UK hopefully.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

The most logical move would be from Dublin to Liverpool, them maybe Manchester, and London
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

There are only some "new" cities listed for this tour (cities that haven't been announced yet).
Those dates are not confirmed, and therefore cannot be announced before everything will
be fixed (those dates may also be removed from the schedule, or replaced with other locations).

I know that members in the UK are now unsure what to do (to buy or not to buy tickets to Dublin,
Gent, Paris etc.). All I can say is this: There is one tentative date reserved for an open air concert
in the UK, but we don't know whether or not it will be confirmed. If you want to be sure
to see one of Leonard's concerts this year, it might be best to look for the concerts in other countries.
Again, I have to underline that I don't have complete and final tour plans!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
dynamiksdreamdebased

Post by dynamiksdreamdebased »

Jarrko, yr referring to the Eden Project show, right?

***No, I'm not / Jarkko***
blithe, urbane and inebriated.
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Hmm. Thank you, Jarkko. I just hope it's not the opening ceremony of London 2012:)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:All I can say is this: There is one tentative date reserved for an open air concert
in the UK
One???? I am truly shocked. What I wonder do UK fans have to do to see Leonard (apart from travel that is)?

Wendy
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Hmm, just as well I'm getting Dublin tickets then...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

jarkko wrote: I know that members in the UK are now unsure what to do (to buy or not to buy tickets to Dublin,
Gent, Paris etc.). All I can say is this: There is one tentative date reserved for an open air concert
in the UK, but we don't know whether or not it will be confirmed. If you want to be sure
to see one of Leonard's concerts this year, it might be best to look for the concerts in other countries.
Again, I have to underline that I don't have complete and final tour plans!!
So, if you decide you want to travel from the UK to Dublin, you may be interested in knowing about an efficient and cheap means of getting there (which we employed on our way to Sligo). For only £38, you can take a direct train from London to the ferry terminal, and then sail across the Irish Sea right into Dublin. This SailRail fare is apparently a fixed price available on any date (book by 6pm the day before). Similar fares are available from all stations in the UK. Quite nice, actually. http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

jarkko wrote:All I can say is this: There is one tentative date reserved for an open air concert
in the UK, but we don't know whether or not it will be confirmed.
It's really admirable how you try to be helpful without overstepping the bounds of what you are not allowed to tell yet. Thanks. Much appreciated!
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Dear Jarkko,
you did not make me happy at this news. I have limited financial resources :( and perhaps with the exception of Berlin, for me, yet all the concerts too far ... :cry:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Thanks, Jarkko, for keeping us abreast of things. But one tentative outdoor concert in the UK - that is SO disappointing. I know there have been some really good ones at this latitude (Sligo, Ghent etc), but quite honestly I'd rather know there's no risk of being soaked to the skin, and have to battle with the dreaded portaloos! As John mentioned in another post, we were spoiled here in the UK in 2008 - it's just rather sad that we seem to be paying for it now :cry:. Oh well, it looks as if it might be Paris... (on a positive note - just got back from an optician's appointment - and I didn't have to have new specs as anticipated - so that's a chunk of money that can go towards a couple of days in Paris!) - but with the cost of travel and hotel, and the OTT ticket prices, it's all going to be eye-wateringly expensive, which, as Vicomte says, is probably, sadly, going to exclude a a number of people making the journey and going to the concert.
phillip

Post by phillip »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
in the UK
One???? I am truly shocked. What I wonder do UK fans have to do to see Leonard (apart from travel that is)?

Wendy
well if he does not come to UK will have to make do with Youtube!
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”