"Keyboard Cowboy" contest

This is for your own works!!!
Critic2

"Keyboard Cowboy" contest

Post by Critic2 »

This rather nice phrase was used by an otherwise angry young man obsessed with identity and résumés.

I invite anyone here to write a poem including the phrase.

You don't have to sign your own name nor enclose a c.v. You don't even need to be graded in advance as a troll or otherwise. Indeed, I encourage anyone who "enters" this little contest to use a new name so that judging is not simply "tribal".

It's the writing that counts, *nothing* else. I know this approach is a little novel but goodness, it might just work....
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

I know this approach is a little novel
I thought this was a poetry section?(stop laughing at the back)
Perhaps Jarkko should add literature too.
God knows there seems no limits to the dross.
it might just work
I am curious where you get such optimism from.

p.
rick

Post by rick »

are you just stupid? you come here and insult people and their poems. you give no proof of your expertise in anything yet continue to insult and tear down. you're clearly not wanted here. yet, because it's the only life you have, you persist.

again, post your resume. what is unclear about that to you? you do speak english, and to hear you tell it, better than anyone else around. tell me, which part do you find confusing?

so show your credentials and validate yourself or accept that you are nothing more than a poser and bugger off.
Washington, DC
jpx

Post by jpx »

yet, because it's the only life you have, you persist.
trolls come back because they get a rise out of people. Dont Feed The Trolls....
rick

Post by rick »

right you are jpx! however, when i read what this moron wrote about poor esle's poem, got my blood boiling. i tend to be a man of action and am not given to falling back.
it's rather unlikely he has any credentials to validate his stance so best to ignore him. i'll try! shoudn't be too difficult ignoring "blah blah blah blah...".
Washington, DC
Critic2

Post by Critic2 »

rick you are very sweet to persist in your archaeological dig. meantime, do you fancy entering the contest? what about you, jpx?
Taigaku

Post by Taigaku »

Why don't you post the first poem, Critic2?

Where you lead I will follow, of course.
Show me your heavenly talent, oh great one!

~Taigaku
Critic2

Post by Critic2 »

that would be excellent if you join in, Taigaku. But I still prefer the idea of anonymous posting as it will remove the tribal applause and encourage poems to be reviewed on their quality alone.
Taigaku

Post by Taigaku »

Fair enough.
I will post no poem bearing my signature.
rick

Post by rick »

Taigaku, let's not play this game with him. He has been critical, and mean, without showing his "vast" talent. Worse, he has not the balls to display his works, he wants to do it anonymously. A cowardly act that is typical of keyboard cowboys and their keyboard courage.

If he wants to win a "contest" let him go to where contests are held. This isn't the place. There are no winners or losers here (except, of course, for the beautiful ones). Let's keep him the nobody that he is and simply ignore him.
Washington, DC
Critic2

Post by Critic2 »

Rick, well renowned "man of action", the game I propose is one of writing poetry. This may not be an wholly inappropriate exercise on a poetry forum. You could postpone your campaign about revealing true identities and simply enjoy or judge writing on its own merits.
Anon1

Post by Anon1 »

No-one ever called Clint Eastwood a coward
as he made spaghetti of his enemies
and even after they died
they still didn’t know his name
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

If you want to have a contest I would suggest that someone else pick a phrase. Using your suggestion of "keyboard cowboy" does rather slant it in your favour. Who knows what you have cooked up in advance. Just saying.
Critic2

Post by Critic2 »

fair point, Midnight. It wasn't my phrase but it stood out in a rather whiny post from some angry dude obsessed with identity parades.

I'll enter anonymously in any contest here, as long as it isn't "the true" as Makeera's effort could never be improved upon!
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I have a brilliant idea straight from my "massive intellect."

How about Lizzytysh picking the phrase...she will then nobly stand back from the fray and not submit a poem...and everyone else can have at it. It will make the time pass until Leonard's new CD is released and then we can all fight about that.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”