Just a teeny mention

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lightasabreeze

Just a teeny mention

Post by lightasabreeze »

An interview with Rufus Wainwright in today's i newspaper. Leonard's name mentioned, only because they were talking about Rufus and Lorca's baby and how they are not revealing any secrets of how it came about. Quite right too, nobody's business.
Have there been any pictures on here of the baby and proud granddad? I may have just missed something.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
remote1

Re: Just a teeny mention

Post by remote1 »

Is this the one? http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 12050.html

"Now his own fatherhood has brought a trickle of calmness amid the clang of tragedy. Perhaps unconventionally, he paired up with Leonard Cohen's daughter, Lorca, to have a child, which was born earlier this year. The couple are not giving any details about how the conception actually occurred. "It is pretty shocking how immediate the human voice, when singing, is to a baby. Maybe it is all babies in general, but you get a sense when you are singing a lullaby to your infant that music is the first language that a human understands," he says of his daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen. "It is about transporting the soul through the different dimensions of consciousness and unconsciousness. I highly recommend anyone to sing to their baby. The minute I start singing she is rapt and I don't even think it is my wonderful voice, I think it is this kind of vibration that occurs when a voice is speaking." However, if in the future the grown-up Viva Katherine decides to boycott her ample musical DNA, it won't trouble Wainwright in the slightest. "We are all kind of hoping for some lawyers; there are a lot of musicians and we need some better contracts," he muses."
"We are so lightly here"
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Looks similar, it was in the i paper that I read it though.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
John in LA

Post by John in LA »

I'm more confused than usual, was their baby conceived in some special way that the rest of us humans aren't aware of?

What possible details about the conception of an infant does the public need to learn?

What day of the week they had sex...? Which one of the Various Positions...?

John E
"and did you get what you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
and what did you want?
to call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth."

Late fragment
Raymond Carver

"can't start it like a car, can't stop it with a gun..."

Warren Zevon, referring to love...
holydove

Post by holydove »

John in LA wrote:I'm more confused than usual, was their baby conceived in some special way that the rest of us humans aren't aware of?

What possible details about the conception of an infant does the public need to learn?

John E
Hi John E,

Due to modern technology, there are various ways for two people to make babies these days. . .
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Thanks for posting.
Wonderful tongue in cheek comments from Rufus, Viva probably not rapt just because of his wonderful voice and the need for lawyers in the family to sort out better contracts. Excellent. Perhaps an accountant might fill a gap also?
Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
John in LA

Post by John in LA »

various positions, really? nobody got that reference?

Obviously I need to be more obvious.

P.S. I am familiar with the various, there it is again, ways to make a baby, also familiar with the standard method, thanks. My son and my daughter are living testaments to the above...;^)

Climbing out of the water, I remain.

John E
"and did you get what you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
and what did you want?
to call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth."

Late fragment
Raymond Carver

"can't start it like a car, can't stop it with a gun..."

Warren Zevon, referring to love...

Return to “Comments & Questions”