a Cohen birthday celebration in Montreal?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
shawn_post

a Cohen birthday celebration in Montreal?

Post by shawn_post »

Hello internet void!

Does anyone know of or is involved in something for LC's 70th Birthday in Montreal? Myself and a couple of friends would be very interested in participating. Sorry for the last mintueness of it.......or have I passed that already?
THANKS

Shawn Post
Sophistikitten

Post by Sophistikitten »

Yes, let me know if you find out anything happening here. :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Make it happen!

(1) Shawn
(2) Friend
(3) Friend
(4) Sophistikitten

"Table for four, please....." :D
shawn_post

3s a crowd, 4s a party

Post by shawn_post »

oh, thats a good idea.......but its so late. I have a bad habit of being tardy. But perhaps a celebration of the first UNbirthday of Leonard Cohen in his 70th year would be fun. A toast at a bar and a little conversation, spurred on by Johny Walker wisdom. I feel as if it would be doing Leonard a great injustice to NOT do it.

Shawn
Sophistikitten

Post by Sophistikitten »

Yes, I'm tardy too. :oops: We'll have to get an un-birthday gathering together. I'm relatively new to Montreal so the outing would be nice. Look forward to it in the future!

Linda
catherine

Post by catherine »

So... did you manage to have a meeting?
You're in the same town,folks!

:D :D
shawn_post

Post by shawn_post »

Linda,
I too am new to Montreal, so perhaps thats why neither of us knew of anything going on. I'd be quite dissapointed and surprised, if it really were that nothing in particular noted the occasion. If you're still interested, we can go somewhere and drink to Leonards health belatedly some time this weekend. You can reply here, or email me, or even just call (!). My number is 514-582-0128.

shawn
Sophistikitten

Post by Sophistikitten »

Hey Shawn,

Where are you originally from? What brings you to Montreal? Are you bilingual? (I'm not yet, haha) I'm from just outside of Winnipeg. A lot different here, haha. Anyway, I'm not too sure about what's going on for this weekend but a bunch of us are going down to Griffontown Cafe on Notre Dame West (St-Henri) to see my boyfriend play with this traditional blues band - you're more than welcome to show up. They play between 6 and 8. I'm not too sure of the address but it might be 1378 Notre Dame W.

Linda
shawn_post

Post by shawn_post »

id be interested in going......only when is it?.....and where exactly...........because I wouldnt really like to go somewhere where it isnt......whichc would leave me really confused. and what do you mean by "traditional blues".

Shawn
Sophistikitten

Post by Sophistikitten »

:x Damn! I just re-read my post right now and realized I did not tell you what day of the weekend. Ack! My apologies! :cry: It was actually tonight. And it's every Friday night between 6-8pm at Griffintown Cafe. It's in St-Henri, on 1378 Notre Dame West. I know what you mean by feeling confused because I often do since I'm new to Mtl too, haha. I don't exactly know what Metro it is near - though you can always get off at the St-Henri stop and walk for a good half hour...ahhh, I will get better directions! I promise!

I almost approached two guys who were sitting alone to see if they were you! Once again, my apologies.

I guess what I mean by traditional blues is that the band (Catfish) play more of the 30s and 40s blues. That's the best way I can describe it since I am no expert!

Return to “Other gatherings”