The Webb Sisters in Belgium, Holland & France

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
jarkko
Site Admin

The Webb Sisters in Belgium, Holland & France

Post by jarkko »

28/05/2011 at Ancienne Belgique, Bruxelles
tickets €25 (excl. fees)
http://www.abconcerts.be - 02 548 24 24
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Maarten

Re: The Webb Sisters in Belgium

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
Jarkko beat me to it, I have just received an email from GreenhouseTalent with the latest news!
http://www.greenhousetalent.be/newslett ... ten-nl.htm
(in Dutch)

Good news!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: The Webb Sisters in Belgium & Holland

Post by jarkko »

...and now they have also added a show for our Dutch members: Amstelkerk, Amsterdam, at 8 pm on May 27!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
drsing

Re: The Webb Sisters in Belgium & Holland

Post by drsing »

thanks from a Dutch member!

here is the official site:

http://www.paradiso.nl/web/Agenda-Item/ ... elkerk.htm

Ticket sale starts April 2.
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: The Webb Sisters in Belgium, Holland & France

Post by jarkko »

...plus a show in Paris on May 31 !! (thanks to Judy for sending me the ad!)
Tickets at http://www2.gdp.fr/index2.php?idDirBill=1645
The Sublime Webb Sisters
mardi 31 mai - Le Réservoir
PREVENTES DES DEMAIN SUR GDP.FR
Ce n'est pas pour rien que la légende Leonard Cohen les a choisies comme choristes sur ses dernières tournées (ici): il les appelle même les "Sublime Webb Sisters". Les deux soeurs ont déclenché l'enthousiasme du public qui attend depuis la sortie de leur prochain album Savages le 9 mai prochain.
Les harmonies sont le point fort de ce duo qui mise sur une vision instinctive lorsqu'il s'agit de musique. L'une à la harpe (Hattie) et l'autre à la guitare (Charley), les deux soeurs signent un folk épuré au caractère romantique. On savoure des morceaux comme "Words that Mobilize" (ici).
Si elles se sont surtout illustrées aux côtés du grand maître Cohen, elles se sont également produites avec Rufus Wainwright, Jamie Cullum, James Morrison ou encore Jason Mraz
drsing

Post by drsing »

For the concert in Amsterdam, it is a nice, small venue (former church),
tickets through Dutch Ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/THE+WEBB+SIS ... t/WE270511

Tickets are on sale now, I got mine already :D
img_176_1238014830.jpg
BTW: there was a rumour only yesterday, that LC might show up in Amsterdam ;-)
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

drsing wrote: BTW: there was a rumour only yesterday, that LC might show up in Amsterdam ;-)
Yeah I heard that rumour too, too bad it was the first of april yesterday
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Citizen_Kane wrote:
drsing wrote: BTW: there was a rumour only yesterday, that LC might show up in Amsterdam ;-)
Yeah I heard that rumour too, too bad it was the first of april yesterday

Yes, yes, but nevermind being 1st April, a nice rumour it is :)

Our man has nothing else planned :) It would be nice to see him with them again :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

it would be nice to see some (all) of you in brussels, next week. my wife and me will be there, for another piece of heaven.
pe
... precisely ...
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi Pe,
I will look for you this Saturday. Anyone else going to see the Webb Sisters in Brussels?

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
drsing

Post by drsing »

I'm just back from Amsterdam.
The girls brought their brother. They sing and perform so nice!
An evening to remember! :D
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
Rikhard

Post by Rikhard »

Is anyone here going to attend the Webb Sisters concert in La Reservoir in Paris? I just decided to travel from Finland to see them and spend some time in the city, but I'm facing some trouble trying to gather information in the La Reservoirs website (http://www.reservoirclub.com/), which is written only in french. It seems that there should be tickets left to buy them straight from the door, but I was thinking it would probably be safer if I could make a reservation beforehand. So if anyone else is going or does have some knowledge of the place, I would be very thankfull.
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Tomorrow, Sunday May 29, The Webb Sisters will perform in Nijmegen.

Wybe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
drsing

Post by drsing »

Rikhard wrote:Is anyone here going to attend the Webb Sisters concert in La Reservoir in Paris? I just decided to travel from Finland to see them and spend some time in the city, but I'm facing some trouble trying to gather information in the La Reservoirs website (http://www.reservoirclub.com/), which is written only in french. It seems that there should be tickets left to buy them straight from the door, but I was thinking it would probably be safer if I could make a reservation beforehand. So if anyone else is going or does have some knowledge of the place, I would be very thankfull.
You could try through the official FNAC website. Website is in English as well.:

http://plateforme.fnacspectacles.com/pl ... 9&_lang=en

I went to Amsterdam, so did not buy those through FNAC, but FNAC is OK.
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Dear all,

The Day After… It’s always sad to finally come to the point when something that you’ve been waiting for for a long time, has gone by. Nothing more to look out for, except perhaps a new Leonard Cohen album or another unimportant World Tour by the man (but really: who cares if we can have the Webbs solo?!).
I had written “The Webb Sisters at the AB, Brussels” in my online agenda and had been counting the days for them to come to Belgium again. So it was great to see them post a photograph of the sound check in Brussels yesterday afternoon on FaceBook: the girls are there, waiting for us!
Even before the start of the concert a familiar face came on stage: Dan Weingartner came out to tune Hattie’s harps and the other instruments and to make sure everything was ready for a perfect evening. A bit later The Webb Sisters started of with “Baroque Thoughts” and “In Your Father’s Eyes” and continued with a Tracy Chapman cover of “Baby Can I Hold You”. The tone was set for a very warm concert and I enjoyed every minute of it. Although I was a bit unsure about their music grabbing me by the throat, I was overwhelmed by their live performance which has a good mix of softness and up tempo parts in it. I still prefer Cohen’s music, but the Webb Sisters made a good effort to dethrone him, not only by their music but also by the talks in between songs. Little chats, teasing each other (Brad: “Hattie, are you calling me fat?”) and simply being themselves, at ease on stage. They knew lots of the people at the concert know them as Cohen’s backing vocals and gladly played the audience with it. Referring to the Ghent concert, explaining how they got involved in the Leonard Cohen World Tour (thank you, ms Robinson!) and of course playing their version of “If It Be Your Will”. One thing that kept coming back was the Belgian food: Belgian chocolats and waffles are amongst Hattie’s favourite food for sure, but it was Charley who admitted to have found a Belgian waffle in her dressing room and eating it without sharing with anyone else. The both of them were in great form!
As a seasoned setlist collector, I managed to get a setlist and while walking back to the lobby I noticed a familiar man wearing an even more familiar Unified Hearts logo. Even before I had time to try and remember his name, the man stepped upto me saying: “I know you! Haven’t we met in Ghent?”. That phrase triggered my memory again and all of a sudden I was having a nice chat with the girls’ father whom I met earlier in Ghent (first backstage and later that weekend outside at St Peters Square after he got lost biking through the beautiful city of Ghent!). He greeted me warmly and we had a small talk about the performance. Then he rushed of to go and take a picture of… his daughters! He hadn’t seen them perform by themselves for a couple of years and was pleased with what he saw (and heard), I’m sure. Next on his agenda: going back to the UK for a concert of his other son who will be playing tonight.
By the time I finished talking to mr Webb, I spotted Pe (Swijngedouw) from De Panne and we chatted for a while, waiting for the cue at the Webb Sisters’ merch stand to shorten. To finish of a beautiful evening, we talked to Hattie for a while, they both signed my setlist and I bought a set of badges to accompany my Unified Hearts pin on my cap. My wife admitted to Hattie to prefer them over “that old Canadian guy” and later in the car on our way back home she asked me if I wouldn’t want to stop following mr Cohen all around the globe and start following The Webb Sisters instead. I’m still not sure what to do, but if you notice me stopping to post here, providing nametags and lanyards and not going to Hydra, then I’m probably embarked for The Webb Sisters World Tour!

(just checked google maps: Nijmegen is only a 2 hour drive away… Can I make it there tonight? I’m afraid not. But I’m sure Willy and Wijbe and the Dutch delegation will have their arms open wide for The Sublime Webb Sisters).

Thanks for the music, girls!
Maarten

Return to “Related Artists”