Time to Say Thank You

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
annmarie

Re: Time to Say Thank You

Post by annmarie »

Dear Marie,
I also want to thank you for this great opportunity to thank Leonard &co for the tour and the magical memories. I signed the card ages ago. :) :)
But, Diane...................."They will not be back ever again"!!!!!!!!! Please tell me you don't really believe that! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anne
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Thank you to all who signed the cards. I am very happy the idea was so well received and that everyone put so much thought into their messages to Leonard and the band.

You still have a few more hours left to sign the cards.

Note: The cards now say that the deadline is November 29. I did this only so the card program would not close out the cards when the Nov. 22 deadline is reached. Grace (Misty Marie), who is doing the beautiful designs for the cover and all the printing, may need to manipulate some of the font styles and colors so they print better. We didn't want to be locked out of the cards once the deadline passes so I told the program November 29. THE DEADLINE REMAINS NOVEMBER 22, 11P.M. EST. I will close down the website with all the links to the cards tonight.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

annmarie wrote:But, Diane...................."They will not be back ever again"!!!!!!!!! Please tell me you don't really believe that! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anne
Hi Anne,

How I wish it might be different. God-willing, perhaps Leonard may tour after his new album is released, but the magnificent musicians (and road crew) who have been with Leonard over the past 3 years...the Unified Heart Touring Company....will not. They each have families and careers to return to, and although I hope deeply they may all unite once again down the road, we have to accept that it may not happen. However....we can also be thankful for every magical moment of the past few years. As Marie said...there's still a couple of hours...so if someone hasn't yet thanked one of the band members, singers, or Leonard...now is the time!

Diana
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Hi Forum members,

I agree with Ladydi. Although I have not lived through all the current or past tours of Leonard and his "Band" I think we should all say thank you for a job very well done. Wish them well for the future and hope that we may see them all together again one day. They are the greatest and deserve a BIG THANK YOU.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Just bumping up the thread - and sounding an alert.

ONE HOUR LEFT.

11:00 p.m. EST is the deadline for signing the card for Leonard, and the cards for the band members.

I was a procrastinator - but I finally got all the business taken care of - and signed all the cards.

And - really? Thanking them - it feels so good! :D :D

Here's the link -
http://www.webheights.net/speakingcohen/card.html
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Damn I was too late.
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Just want to add my thanks to Marie for this opportunity. I was a procrastinator too- a bad one- but I finally got them done. And like Linda said, it feels good to thank them!
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by sharon.e »

joining the 'thanking squad' on the thank you project :-)
feels sooooo good indeed!
Thanks, Marie.

--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

LadyDi.

Hi Diana....Had the same exact reaction as Annmarie had regarding the band....Such a sinking feeling.....but I will try to remember what I learned from Leonard..That everything and anything is possible ....and dreams can still be........These past three years have been the proof.....I came late to the forum and missed most of the tour..
but I will cherish the bit I had..... and will remain ever hopeful..........

Looking forward to finally meeting all you great folks in Las Vegas.........................Jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Marie... thank you from me, too... standing in the line-up of Thank You'ers to you, too.

I'm unable to claim procrastination as my reason for signing so late. I did get it done, however... 3 on one night and 7 on the final night, finishing up at exactly 11 PM. SOooooooo relieved.

These cardbooks are going to be exquisite!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thank you again Marie!
Leslie/Mutti 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

All very sweet and cosy. Don't forget, though, especially in the light of three cancellations which cost some of us dearly, that we the ticket buyers have also contributed so much - in Euros, dollars, pounds, etc. etc. !
What do you talkin about?
I really don't understand statements like this one. A Tour, going for nearly 3 Years with only 3 cancellations = Man, what the hell did you expect? Personally, I am very happy for Mr. Cohen and for all the Band- and Tourmembers, that it wasn't more... Sure, nobody is happy, when you have payed for a Ticket and the Show is cancelled. But the Local Concert Organsator have to make a desicion: will he payed the People the Money back; does he have made the insurance for this or not.
Of course, each Trip to a LC UHTC Concert costs a lot of money... the Flights, the Hotels, the Tickets...and we are really not rich. But if you don't have understand it right now: this was (and for some of us still is) "THE" Opportunity to see our Man in Concert with this great Musicians, to meet other Cohenits from all over the World... Nobody knows, what Tomorrow brings. If you want to save your Money = ok, go ahead; it's your own choice. Everytime when you will buy a Ticket, you buy the risk, that the Performance can be cancelled. But what I really don't understand: have you had Tickets for one of this 3 gigs? As far as I understand, you don't. I have had one of this Tickets... Man, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose... But as far as I can see: we all really win this Time! Let's be happy for Mr. Cohen, that he can Touring again, as long, as he want to as he can... As long as he will, even with three Cancellations in between... the major thing is, that he is ok! And really: I don't understand this. Man, that's life... so let's be happy and see, what the Future will bring... I hope to see the U.H.T.C. on stage again, well and kickin'...With or wothout any cancellation in between... I'll take the risk, if they do!
Uwe + Susanne from Switzerland
Zürich 1993 + 2008 / Lissabon + Madrid 2009 / Basel, Strassburg + Stuttgart 2010 / And would love to fly to Las Vegas....
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Oh my, I was hoping to view the finished product and it is gone :( Any chance we will get to see it Marie?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

MaryB

I had an e mail informing me that it is still possible to sign the card but only until Mon, Nov 29 @ 11pm Eastern time.

Try clicking on this link:

http://www.groupcard.com/c/hHCoBXDzTrP& ... 36lVZnZrO6

Also it is possible to buy a printed version of the card as a poster, photobook etc. See below for options:

http://www.groupcard.com/print.php?card=hHCoBXDzTrP
Those who earnestly are lost
Are lost and lost again

1989: Hydra; 1993: Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2008: Dublin x 3; Manchester Opera House x 2; London O2; Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2009: Dublin 02 x 2; 2010: Sligo x 2; 2012: Dublin x 2; 2013: London O2; Dublin x 2; 2014: Dublin meet up
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

On or after November 29 will be able to buy this card?
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always

Return to “News”