Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cohenadmirer

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Post by cohenadmirer »

harald wrote:ticket collection:
in the confirmation from gdp for my ticket purchase in november last year, they said the tickets were to collect at the counter "production" at the venue the evening of the concert and this counter would open 1 hour before concert start. concert start 8 pm, so collect ticket from 7 pm.
am i wright? do you have different informations?
thx
harald
thats what my instructions are too but i would want to be there earlier than 7pm to be on the safe side and in case of long queues. how many other members attending the meal need to collect tickets in this way ??
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

daveeliver wrote:Hi All,
I'm making a few enquiries regarding transport with my friends etc in Marseille, and will post details later.
It's approximately 50 minutes walk from the old port to the venue according to Googlemaps.
Dave
i dont know marseille at all but i am assuming it is fairly easy to use the metro to get from the old port to the dome ( st just ??)
i also assume its not a good idea to walk in the dark back but wonder whether some of us could share taxis since it seems there are a few of us in hotels in the old port area ??
marseilles seems to have a bad reputation a far aS SAFETY GOES but so does liverpool and since i work there i know reputatations can be exaggerated !
David ( works in liverpool lives on the wirral uk )
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Cohenadmirer,
Something will be sorted regarding taxis or Metro, I'm waiting for a few replies from Marseille.
Unfortunately Marseille lost tonight!!!
I'm not sure where you live but in previous lives I've lived in Willaston and West Kirby.
Tomorrow, Friday and Saturday (until 1), I'm looking after the Red Lion in Parkgate.
If you're nearby call in and say hello, otherwise see you on Tuesday.
Dave
Last edited by daveeliver on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Here They are! Thanks Meritxell!!

2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
harald

Post by harald »

very beautiful, the candles
the marvellous barcelona-team again
muchas gracias, meritxell
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
harald

Post by harald »

thursday edit of the list for the meetup
harald wrote: NONCONFIRMED- PLEASE ADVISE
NO STATEMENT ABOUT MEALS - PLEASE ADVISE
CORRECTIONS - PLEASE ADVISE ANY CORRECTION, ESPECIALLY IN SPELLING OF FIRST NAME AND FORUM-ALIAS, FOR THE NAME-TAGS
INTERESTED, NOT LISTED - YOU ARE WELCOME, PLEASE WRITE A MAIL

confirmed with meals:
2 “basecamp”=Hans + Caren (Berlin) /eat: 2 Yes
4 “BEATRIZ SALLES”=Bea + "Chema"=Chema + Meritxell + Merche (all BCN-team 2009) /eat: 4 Yes
2 "Bill´s Bar"=Tony Curran + Terry Murray / eat: 2 Yes (hope to be there)
1 “ciaran”=Ciarán /eat: 1 Yes
1 “cohenadmirer”=David(Wirral/UK) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “Conny”=Conny + Tigrib /eat: 2 Yes
2 “crystal”=Christel + Kalle /eat: 2 Yes
1 “daveeliver”=Dave(Liverpool) /eat: 1 Yes
1 “dave gilbert”=Dave /eat: 1 Yes
2 „holydove“=Rachel + "celtictyde"=Bob (New York/Connecticut) /eat: 2 Yes
1 “Inne”=Ingrid /eat: 1 Yes
1 “Judy”=Judy(France) /eat: 1 Yes
1 Montse(Madrid) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “mydoglorca” = Jill + John (Bristol) /eat: 2 Yes
2 “segelregina”=Regina + “harald”=Harald (Munich) /eat: 2 Yes
1 "Vlastik"=Vlasta /eat: 1 Yes

confirmed, no statement about meals:
none (thank you all!)

confirmed, coming later (3 of them with meals after 4 pm):
1 “mamcglynn09”=Marianne – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 1 Yes, only after 4 pm
1 "sandrine1"=Sandrine - only after 5 pm
2 “Tripping”=Lynette + Engela – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 2 Yes, only after 4 pm

not confirmed:
“trish”=Trish, aloevera – only announced by Ciarán, Trish indicated earlier in this thread she would come

so we have to my knowledge
participants:
26 confirmed participants
4 more confirmed participants coming later
2 not confirmed but indicated/announced

thereof with meals:
26 confirmed
3 more confirmed for meals after 4 pm

(edited thursday morning, thanks Bea, Conny and David)
Last edited by harald on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
harald

Post by harald »

hi all

meals at the massilia cafe:
about 1 week ago, i suggested here to maybe order set menues for the confirmed eaters (thinking that might be more birthday celebration like)
there wasn´t much positive resonance to that and time is running short
so i think we will leave it at individual à la carte orders (judy and daveeliver said the cafe can cope)
still, thank you all for the statements if you were going to eat there, that helps the cafe to be prepared

nametags:
as said i will prepare nametags for all listed on the participation list
not checking this list will be punished with wrong spelled nametags, and not caring to be included in the list will be punished with no nametag at all
as also said i did not buy lanyards (as it was too late and our number to small for individually printed ones)
so you might bring any old lanyard you have
for those without lanyard i will have a sufficent stock of fixing pins

start:
judy and daveeliver made the reservation for 2 to 6 pm
i think it would be nice if most people would arrive at least before 3, to reduce a bit permanent coming and going
obviously that doesn´t apply for the ones otherwise occupied
(there are still ideas circling of showing a LCohen film
if that would happen, we would probably rather have come and greet at 2 pm, film at 2:30, eat after around 4 pm,
it depends on the cafe´s facilities and more on your wishes,
it would be nice if you could give a short statement in this thread, if would you like to have the film, or if you would prefere just beeing together and talking)
edit: film idea cancelled, doesn´t really fit in

regular checking this thread for updates should be worthwhile
and still any contributions, ideas for our birthday celebration meetup are welcome...

have all safe trips to marseille, best
harald

edit: PS: i am searching 2 very good tickets for bratislava - please pm
Last edited by harald on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Tripping wrote: QUESTION: what are the normal rules regarding cameras at concerts?
The "Dome" website indicates : no cameras and mobile phones must be turned off.
It seems there are a lot of local guards (not AEG) and a very strict policy :(
(guards of AEG are rather cool)

Elsewhere, you can enter with a little camera in your pocket or in a small bag...

Patrice
crystal

Post by crystal »

I would prefer not to see a film but sit and talk aand eat and drink.
We are leaving for Strasbourg on Saturday and I don't know hof often I can check the forum from the hotel.
Before meeting on tuesday I would like to say thanks to everybody who are involved in organising our birthday party: Harald it has become quite a job you are doing and now we are having nametags as well, great. Thanks to Beatrize and the bcn team for the candles, I would have brought mine from last year and thanks to Dave and Judy for organising the venue.
Looking very much forward to tuesday, Christel
crystal

Post by crystal »

I forgot: I need to collect our tickets at the box office and I need to be there welle before 7 o'clock. Since I bought 4 tickets I have to meet the people who have bought the 2 off me.
The candles look beautiful. Thanks again.
Christel
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi,
Thanks Harald for all your help, as you are now (or soon) travelling, Judy and I will take the workload away from you.
Thanks so much, see you in Marseille.

Judy spoke to the cafeMassilia today and though we've said approx 30-35 are coming of whom 26+ are eating, they're flexible and we can add or deduct people as necesaary.
Pre orders would be a help but not necessary, if you want,you can pm me with anything you fancy.
http://massiliacafe.fr/la_carte.php
As we only have a certain amount of time,the fact that the film lasts for 2 hours,and as it needs attention and concentration,an organised screening of 'Bird on the Wire' would not be practical, but I'll have a few with me.
Talking, eating and drinking seem the better option.Background music is organised.
The candles are indeed beautiful, and will be difficult to use.
I still have part of mine from Barcelona.
It's good to hear from Patrice and I wish my French was better so I could navigate his fantastic site and be in touch with other French fans.
I didn't realise there were so many!
With their help my hair wouldn't have turned grey!
See them and everyone else in Marseille.
A bientot
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Marseille public transport web:
http://www.rtm.fr/

From VIeux Port to Sain Just:
Metro M1 La Rose-La Fourragere 15 min aprox.
Only to 10:30pm, we have to look for another option for the way back.

If I'm not wrong:
Night bus 541 Canebière (bourse)-Metro La Rose
From bus-stop St Just Raguse last buses at 10:52pm and 00:12am

I know Marseille is not the safest city in the world...but coming from the sadly known BCN and after a crowded concert I understand that staying in groups it can't be unsafe.

I haven't confirmed the information about the parking. I have a tel number but not a contact mail to ask about.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
harald

Post by harald »

chèrs amis francais!
sorry, my french is to bad to write in your language and furthermore english is the language of this forum
after reading with some astonishment through the french forum thread about a meetup:
of course our meetup is open to everyone and members of the french forum would be very welcome
after first invain expecting that maybe french members of our forum would set up a meeting, we finally put up our meeting (thanks to judy and daveeliver) and tried to make it as public as possible
as patrice of the french forum is also member of our forum, he could have had easily knowledge of our meeting, and i hear that he has also been individually contacted about it by bea
so, french friends, feel free to join us if you want, leave it you don´t
we are just 2 forums, 2 groups with the same interest, not competitors
best
shall we all have a wonderful birthday concert
harald
Last edited by harald on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harald

Post by harald »

friday edit of the list for the meetup
harald wrote: MEETUP TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST, 2/3 PM TO 6 PM AT THE MASSILIA CAFE
NONCONFIRMED- PLEASE ADVISE
NO STATEMENT ABOUT MEALS - PLEASE ADVISE
CORRECTIONS - PLEASE ADVISE ANY CORRECTION
INTERESTED, NOT LISTED - YOU ARE WELCOME, PLEASE WRITE A MAIL , OR ALSO JUST SHOW UP THE CAFE
MEALS - NO SET MENU, INDIVDUAL A LA CARTE ORDERS, PREVIOUS ORDERS BY MAIL TO DAVEELIVER WOULD HELP THE CAFE BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATORY

confirmed with meals:
2 “basecamp”=Hans + Caren (Berlin) /eat: 2 Yes
4 “BEATRIZ SALLES”=Bea + "Chema"=Chema + Meritxell + Merche (all BCN-team 2009) /eat: 4 Yes
2 "Bill´s Bar"=Tony Curran + Terry Murray / eat: 2 Yes (hope to be there)
1 “ciaran”=Ciarán /eat: 1 Yes
1 “cohenadmirer”=David(Wirral/UK) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “Conny”=Conny + Tigrib /eat: 2 Yes
2 “crystal”=Christel + Kalle /eat: 2 Yes
1 “daveeliver”=Dave(Liverpool) /eat: 1 Yes
1 “dave gilbert”=Dave /eat: 1 Yes
2 „holydove“=Rachel + "celtictyde"=Bob (New York/Connecticut) /eat: 2 Yes
1 “Inne”=Ingrid /eat: 1 Yes
1 “Judy”=Judy(France) /eat: 1 Yes
1 Montse(Madrid) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “mydoglorca” = Jill + John (Bristol) /eat: 2 Yes
1 "paola2"=Paola
2 “segelregina”=Regina + “harald”=Harald (Munich) /eat: 2 Yes
1 "Vlastik"=Vlasta /eat: 1 Yes

confirmed, no statement about meals:
2 “trish”=Trish + "Aloevera"=Paula – will come at 99%

confirmed, coming later (3 of them with meals after 4 pm):
1 “mamcglynn09”=Marianne – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 1 Yes, only after 4 pm
1 "sandrine1"=Sandrine - only after 5 pm
2 “Tripping”=Lynette + Engela – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 2 Yes, only after 4 pm

not confirmed:
none

so we have to my knowledge
participants:
29 confirmed participants (2 of them at 99%)
4 more confirmed participants coming later

thereof with meals:
27 confirmed
3 more confirmed for meals after 4 pm
(edited friday afternoon)
tonight i´ll leave home for france, internet access will be intermittent, thanks judy and daveeliver, looking forward to see you all, safe trips to marseille,
best
harald
sandrine1

Post by sandrine1 »

I have no more computer so I can only have a look at this forum from time to time.. Don't be afraid, Marseille is not a dangerous town. I would advise you to share taxis if you have to come back to the Old Port after the show. I don't think that the metro will be open, and it's a rather long way to go to the old port (and... c'est moche.. i think you understand).
Now, I wish you a happy YOM KIPPOUR and will be back on sunday.

Sandrine

Return to “The World Tour 2010”