Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jeanne

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Post by jeanne »

HI.....I DIDN"T WANT TO COME TO THIS PAGE...I KNEW I WOULD FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT NOT STAYING IN EUROPE FOR THIS PARTICULAR CELEBRATION....BUT THIS WILL PASS ( I STILL HAVE FLORENCE )..PEOPLE..ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MOMENT TWICE ( ONCE FOR ME ) AND SEND BACK BEAUTIFUL WORDS AND PICTURES FOR THESE HUNGRY EYES.....YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BALL!!!!!!!..................I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT......JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
harald

Post by harald »

hi friends
dave suggested the meetup
on september 21st, about 2-6 pm in Massilia Cafe, 33 Rue de la Reine Elizabeth, near the old port, http://www.massiliacafe.fr
(thanks, dave!)
i have tried to make a first tentative list of the people who have shown interest in the meetup on this thread:

BEATRIZ SALLES (bcn-team) +meritxell – with a group of spanish people/how many?
MYDOGLORCA (bristol/uk) – 2?
CRYSTAL/christel+husband – 2
DAVEELIVER/dave (liverpool)
MAMCGLYNN09
COHENADMIRER (wirral/uk)
HOLYDOVE+husband (new york, connecticut) – 2
TRISH+aloevera+ciaran (dublin) – 3
BASECAMP/hans (berlin/germany) – 2?
CONNY+tigrib – 2
TRIPPING+friend – 2
HARALD+SEGELREGINA/harald+regina (munich/germany) – 2

to keep this thread easy, i would suggest that the ones really planning to come to the meetup would write me a short pm (private male), in case please giving the total number of people you are
i would then after the weekend, ie monday 13th put here on the thread the updated list
so dave could give the cafe an estimation about the number of our crowd
and beatriz´ wonderful candle idea would also profit
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Harald,
Thanks for your help.
Because the original enquiry was made in March, and because I had hoped somebody from the area may have organised a meet up, it was only recently (after forum hinting),that myself (with Judy's help) wrote to the Massilia asking if they where still willing and able to help us.
We were waiting for their response before we made concrete arrangements .
We also said that if they couldn't accommodate us,would it be possible for them to suggest a similar premises.

If we haven't heard from them by tomorrow, Judy is going to telephone them and then I think then we can start making plans.

I'll be in touch with you tomorrow or Friday
Thanks again
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

harald wrote:hi friends
dave suggested the meetup
on september 21st, about 2-6 pm in Massilia Cafe, 33 Rue de la Reine Elizabeth, near the old port, http://www.massiliacafe.fr
(thanks, dave!)
i have tried to make a first tentative list of the people who have shown interest in the meetup on this thread:

BEATRIZ SALLES (bcn-team) +meritxell – with a group of spanish people/how many?
MYDOGLORCA (bristol/uk) – 2?
CRYSTAL/christel+husband – 2
DAVEELIVER/dave (liverpool)
MAMCGLYNN09
COHENADMIRER (wirral/uk) :D
HOLYDOVE+husband (new york, connecticut) – 2
TRISH+aloevera+ciaran (dublin) – 3
BASECAMP/hans (berlin/germany) – 2?
CONNY+tigrib – 2
TRIPPING+friend – 2
HARALD+SEGELREGINA/harald+regina (munich/germany) – 2

to keep this thread easy, i would suggest that the ones really planning to come to the meetup would write me a short pm (private male), in case please giving the total number of people you are
i would then after the weekend, ie monday 13th put here on the thread the updated list
so dave could give the cafe an estimation about the number of our crowd
and beatriz´ wonderful candle idea would also profit
harald
Sounds good - thanks for including me on the list.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Chema

Post by Chema »

BEATRIZ SALLES (bcn-team) +meritxell – with a group of spanish people/how many?: Merche and Chema from Barcelona, confirmed.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Crystal and husband Kalle confirmed.
See you in Marseille, Christel
harald

Post by harald »

Chema wrote:BEATRIZ SALLES (bcn-team) +meritxell – with a group of spanish people/how many?: Merche and Chema from Barcelona, confirmed.
hi again
so i understand the barcelona group will be 4 (beatriz, meritxell, merche, chema), right?

thank you all for your responses so far, here and via pms
will go over it on sunday/monday and put the updated list here on this thread monday
best
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Thx Harald for organising the meeting! Caren und I will join you. Great candle idea Beatriz! THX! :D
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi all
massilia cafe
massiliacafe.fr
is booked from 2pm until 6 pm Tuesday 21st September.
More details will be posted later this evening.
They're really friendly ( to Judy, but who wouldn't be)
and it is a really nice and convenient venue

Dave
crystal

Post by crystal »

Thanks Dave, looking forward to Marseille!
Christel
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All,
As mentioned before, Judy spoke with the owners of The Cafe Massilia,Marseille earlier this morning.

http://www.massiliacafe.fr/

You can click on this long link that follows to see where it is situated.
It's near to the old port and the centre of Marseille.
25 minutes walk from The Dome. I'll bring a number of maps.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 13454&z=16
33 Rue Reine Elisabeth
13001 Marseille, France

We have booked a private area from 2pm until 6pm on Tuesday 21st September and we have promised to give them approximate numbers that are attending on Thursday 16th or Friday 17th.

Food will be available (see menu on the website) and they will ensure they have enough cooks on site to cater for people who want to eat.
Meals are priced between 15 and 20 euros.I can recommend the mussels.
If you just want a drink and chat, that's ok also.
I had thought about a running buffet but maybe individual meals,all sitting together about 4pm may be better and they are confident they can cope.

The owners are flexible over their closing hours and maybe it would be nice to spend a little time there on Monday evening.
I won't be there after the concert.

Harald has kindly offered to keep an up to date list of people attending, so if you could let him or myself know if you are coming and if you are likely to eat, he and I will liase with each other and contact the Massilia later next week.
We can provide our own background music and I'll bring a selection of cd's.

I think a few other things are planned, so please register with myself or Harald, so that we have an accurate idea of the numbers involved.
Let me know if you have any questions,concerns or ideas.
Special thanks to Judy for speaking with the owners and charming them in a way only she could!!

Hope it suits you all
Dave
harald

Post by harald »

daveeliver wrote: We have booked a private area from 2pm until 6pm on Tuesday 21st September and we have promised to give them approximate numbers that are attending on Thursday 16th or Friday 17th.
Food will be available (see menu on the website) and they will ensure they have enough cooks on site to cater for people who want to eat.
Meals are priced between 15 and 20 euros.I can recommend the mussels.
If you just want a drink and chat, that's ok also.
I had thought about a running buffet but maybe individual meals,all sitting together about 4pm may be better and they are confident they can cope.
Harald has kindly offered to keep an up to date list of people attending, so if you could let him or myself know if you are coming and if you are likely to eat, he and I will liase with each other and contact the Massilia later next week.
We can provide our own background music and I'll bring a selection of cd's.
Dave
hi all

that´s great, dave, thanks to judy and yourself, well done
i agree on individual meals
time is to short and we are to far away to think of anything as grand as barcelona (ever so many thanks to the bcn-team!)
it will be still fantastic to meet and celebrate!
of course any idea from more creative participants than i am for something special would be wonderful
good that you thought about the music and you´ll bring cds, which singer did you think about...

i have already received several pms, thanks
as said, on sunday/monday i will put here in the forum the updated list based on received pms and public contributions in this thread
i don´t want to push, but as it seems that i will get the more complete list, may i ask you all to at least also tell me (pm or publicly in the thread) if you are coming to the meeting, not only pm dave
anyway, dave, we´ll probably have more contact next week

now comes up, that it would be helpful if we already before could tell the massiliacafe how many of us are intending to eat at the meeting
so, who´s going to to write about hers/his participation, please include about that,
who has already written, please feel free to pm me again, if that doesn´t bother you to much (i´d rather prefer pms, not to overload this thread, i´ll anyway make the list public on monday)

best for now to all
and don´t forget, any creative idea for the meetup/bithday celebration could make this meeting more special to all of us, just do it or discuss it here...
harald
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Many thanks to dave, judy & harald. I hope to make it to the meet-up in marseilles sometime in the afternoon. Not exactly sure when just yet, but in good time to meet and chat with old friends and new. Just got a txt from brian and carol who were with us in Barcelona.. they are at the Lisbon concert tonight. What joy Leonard, the Company and the Forum bring !!!
It's so hard to explain to 'others'.
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
harald

Post by harald »

hi all
so here comes now the new list for the meetup
(I THINK IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF THE "NONCONFIRMED" FORUMERS COULD GIVE A STATEMENT,
AND IF THOSE WHO DID NOT STATE YET ABOUT MEALS WOULD DO THAT.
PLEASE ADVISE ALSO ANY CORRECTIONS OR UPDATES.
THANKS!)
best
harald

confirmed with meals:
1 “ciaran”=Ciarán
2 “crystal”=Christel + Kalle /eat: 2 Yes
2 “mydoglorca” = Jill + John (Bristol) /eat: 2 Yes
2 “segelregina”=Regina + “harald”=Harald (Munich) /eat: 2 Yes

confirmed, no statement about meals:
2 “basecamp”=Hans + Caren (Berlin)
4 “BEATRIZ SALLES” + Meritxell + Chema + Merche (all BCN-team 2009)

1 “cohenadmirer”(Wirral/UK)
1 “daveeliver”=Dave(Liverpool)
1 “dave gilbert”=Dave
2 „holydove“=Rachel(New York/Connecticut) + husband
1 “Inne”=Ingrid
1 “Judy”=Judy(France)

confirmed, coming later:
1 “mamcglynn09”=Marianne – hoping to make it sometime in the afternoon
2 “Tripping”=Lynette + Engela – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 2 Yes, only after 4 pm

not confirmed:
“trish”=Trish, aloevera – only announced by Ciarán, Trish indicated earlier in this thread she would come
“Conny”=Conny + Tigrib – Conny indicated earlier in this thread they would come
“Maebeannie1”, “Slfeire”, “Sandrine1” – only announced by Beatriz

so we have to my knowledge
participants:
20 confirmed participants
3 more confirmed participants coming later
7 not confirmed but indicated/announced

thereof with meals:
7 confirmed
2 more confirmed for meals after 4 pm

(edited sunday 18:50 pm, thanks for your reponse, Rpan)
Last edited by harald on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harald

Post by harald »

hi again

- concert start is 8 pm, according to the website of gdp.fr (while in march it was supposed to be 7 pm),
according to an old email from gdp the delivery counter for prepaid tickets will open 1 hour before, ie 7 pm;
so if we leave from massilacafe around six, some by foot, some by other means, it just fits well

- it might be enough if we sit together from 3 to 6, say most of our bunch arriving 1430 to 1500 and have a somehow start at 3 pm
(obviously the ones elsewere occupied coming whenever they want)
what do you all think about it, what do you think judy and dave?

- i wonder if it would be nicer, if we ordered a set menue for the "confirmed eaters", say three course: starters, main(maybe two for choice), dessert,
seeing the menue of the cafe in the web, i could imagine a price between 20 and 30 euros for the 3 courses without beverages.
of course the menue thing would only make sense, if we get a considerable number of confirmed eaters
and if judy would be willing to deal with the cafe again (in case she should have our ok for anything she esteems right between 20 and 30 euros; and obviously a
definite number of for the set menue confirmed eaters)
but again, what do you all think about it? or should we leave it just like it is? judy?
- some forumers asked about meeting again after the concert
for me myself, after LCohen-concerts i´m not in for socializing
but for those who want, i think it will be easy to just fix an informal date at our pre-concert meetup, maybe again at the massiliacafe

sorry to bother you always again with meetup concerns
we have no local organisers, we are all far away, it´s already close to the date of the venue
we can only put something up via this forum and with the contributions and opinions of all of us
and again, any ever so small additional idea for this birtday meetup would be precious
best harald

Return to “The World Tour 2010”