CAN ANYONE ADVISE RE LILLE?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
casterbridgecohen

CAN ANYONE ADVISE RE LILLE?

Postby casterbridgecohen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 am

I booked 5 tickets for the original date at the begiining of the year and got an email confirmation that tickets were to be collected at the venue on the day.

I have not heard anything at all subsequently.

I emailed the ticket agency just to confirm that new tickets and/or confirmations had not been issued and one just had to take the original email confirmation from last year to the Box Office.

I got an automated reply saying I would get a response to my enquiry within 3 days and since then - almost a month ago - I have heard......nothing.

Can anyone confirm the original email confirmation still stands or should I be chasing up a new one?

Thanks
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
surrender

Re: CAN ANYONE ADVISE RE LILLE?

Postby surrender » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I have followed the advice of Zodkavombie and they have confirmed (on the phone) that the tickets are still valid... I hope I have talked to person in charge....

I would ring the venue/promoters if I were to check that the booking was made for the cancelled concert. Their phone number is 00 331 44 94 91 50. Good luck. Also have you checked you bank/credit card payment to see if they took payment for the ticket, if so you should let them know when that was done.
See you in Lille
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Michael

I do not have a specific answer for you but I would expect that you simply take your original booking confirmation to the box office in Lille.This is what I am planning to do. The re-arrangement of the dates does not seem to have caused any problems so far - I had no problems gaining entry to the Zagreb show with a ticket showing a March date and I have corresponded with GDP about posting a ticket I cannot use for Caen to an address in France using the original booking reference and date.

Wendy
crystal

Postby crystal » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 pm

I suppose you booked the tickets with gdp. I know from the 2008 Nice concert that this is the standard procedure with them. You take the original email, some kind of ID and the credit card and get the tickets on the day of the concert. They open before one and two hours before the concert. I have tickets to Marseille also for the old date. Just to be sure I'll take the email which says that these tickets will be valid for the new dates as well.
Hope I could help you.
Christel
rpan

Postby rpan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:11 pm

I was a little anxious on this myself, so I logged in at the gdp site and found my 2 ticket bookings were showing the new date fine.

I also e-mailed to confirm my order nos still valid - and unlike you I did get a positive reply about the validity of the old tickets so I don't think you have any problems.
Dear customer,

Your 2 orders are still valid for this show.

Do not forget your confirmation email and an ID to pick up the tickets.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
TheWrongMan

Postby TheWrongMan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

rpan wrote:I was a little anxious on this myself, so I logged in at the gdp site and found my 2 ticket bookings were showing the new date fine.

I also e-mailed to confirm my order nos still valid - and unlike you I did get a positive reply about the validity of the old tickets so I don't think you have any problems.
Dear customer,

Your 2 orders are still valid for this show.

Do not forget your confirmation email and an ID to pick up the tickets.
Thanks for the advise rpan. I have also been worried because I didn't get an email confirming the date change but I have just logged on to the gdp site and my order is also showing the new date. See you in Lille.

Best
Phil
1993:London RAH 2008:London O2 x 2, London RAH, Brighton 2009:Weybridge, Liverpool, Barcelona 2010: Lille 2012:Wembly 2013:London O2

Return to “The World Tour 2010”