Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
imyourwoman

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Post by imyourwoman »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
crystal wrote:We will be there, too. We have tickets avant scene no 058 and 059. Iwas also wondering could this be first row? I can't find seating plans with numbers.
Have a nice weekend, Christel
I have been playing around with the Marseille seating chart as I have been hunting for tickets and this is how I think the seating works. The Parterre is the area immediately in front of the stage. After that comes the Avancees or Avant Scene followed by the 1-er Gradins and so on. I think the Avant Scene is a raised area but GDP will confirm this for you (info@gdp.fr). There are 3 central blocks in the Parterre. The middle one is P3, the one to the right of stage (Dino's side) is P2 and so on. There are 16 seats in each block but no row numbers (hence all tickets are Rang 0) so row 1 is seats 1-16, row 2 is 17-32, row 3 is 33-48 and so on.

There is a good - but unnumbered - seating plan at http://www.ticketnet.fr. Search for Leonard Cohen, select the Mareseille show then go as if to buy tickets. A plan will come up which shows you where your allocated seat is but there is also a magnified area that you can slide around to look at other parts of the arena.

Hope that helps. BTW I sent a couple of e-mails to GDP to ask where particular seats were and I had prompt and specific replies back from them in both French (in response to an enquiry in very bad French) and in English (when I saw sense and wrote to them in English!)

Wendy
Wendy, when you bought your seats did they come up as 'Parterre' (with no block number) or was there a specific block (P2, P3). My tickets just state 'Parterre' with no block, so I am not sure if this means they are in P1?

Many thanks in advance
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

GDP do not specify the block on their confirmations - they just give the area - Parterre, Avant Scene etc etc. You'll have to call or e-mail them to find out which block the seats are in.

Wendy

PS Please don't shoot me anyone if I'm wrong! However, what I wrote above ties in with what GDP have told me about the seats I've bought from them and what I've seen on other French ticketing sites.

W
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

Thanks Wendy, I'll do that.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Right now - 7pm gmt saturday 13th feb gdp have some front and second row seats for sale
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
holydove

Post by holydove »

I will be in Marseilles with my husband for the 9/21 BIRTHDAY(!) concert (yaaaay!).

We are looking for a hotel, & it seems there is only one that is close to the venue (which seems to be kind of outside the city center), and the others are located more within the main part of the city. We will be there for a few days, so we are not sure where it would be best to stay. And we know nothing about Marseilles.

Would anyone care to share where they will be staying (if you know, at this point)?
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi holydove!

This is strrrrange.... I just sent you a pm, but had no idea you were going to Marseille! I am also going to Marseille!! Can't wait to meet up with you there! Anyhow, right now I'm planning on staying at the Radisson Blu Vieux Port. Think Marie and Albert are there (from Ireland)...plus Wendy and Tony from England. It's a little expensive but then most everything in Europe is at this time! Looks nice though and it IS located in a beautiful area! There will be a number of forum members there so when we go to the concert and return perhaps we can share a cab. Will talk with you more about this later...just thrilled to know that you will be there! :D

Diana
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Wendy, you were lucky with GDP - you must have got them on a good day ! When I booked Grenoble back in December I sent them 2 e - mails, one in French and one in English, asking which block . No reply, then or since. (Just lots of ads. for other concerts.) Then I sent an e - mail direct to the venue Palais des Sports and got a prompt polite reply naming the block. It seems amazing that GDP don't supply this information at time of booking. Something to be said for Ticketmaster after all !
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Ladydi!

OMG!! - I'm so excited that you will be there - I can't wait either (& it is now such a looong wait, but well worth it -I guess this way our looonging will grow & grow, & most importantly, Leonard will heal & heal, & feel good)

Thank you so much for the info about the hotel - we will try to get a reservation there.

talk to you later,
Rachel
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

I know we are now all excited about the Gent venues this week end, but what about Marseille?
Aren't we forum member's thinking for something special for the birthday celebretation?
Who's definetly going?
What about French (or better Marseille) members looking for a good place to meet?
We are a group of Spanish people coming, some of the BCN team like myself.
Any idea about hotels?
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

We are staying at the Radisson Blu in the Old Port. We would be interested in any meet-up/birthday celebration but of course have no idea of suitable venues.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
crystal

Post by crystal »

We are staying at the Mercure Grand Hotel Beauvau Vieuy Port and would also be interested in a meeting/celebration but don't have any ideas about Marseille and bars/restaurants etc.
Christel
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi,
I'm sure people from Provence(Sandrine et al ?) may have their own ideas but I know Marseille fairly well and when I was there in March,I spoke to the owner of the Massilia Cafe on Rue Reine Elizabeth, near the old port and nearly adjacent to Brasserie les Templiers, and he would be 'made up' to see Leonard's fans before the concert.
They serve lovely mussels of different sorts and other food. They also have a seperate bar area which he could reserve for us.
http://www.massiliacafe.fr/index.php
I'm staying with friends,in Jouques,near Aix and don't feel as if I could organise anything but will be in Marseille Monday and Tuesday and if I can help in any way please ask.
I'll make enquiries over transport from the old port to the dome, but will think more after Wiesbaden.
Look forward to seeing you all
hope Marseille win a game before Sept. 21st!!
All the best
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Hope to join the gathering for the Birthday concert. If we can come anywhere close to the magic of Barcelona it will be a great few days.
The Sligo sessions went on so late there was hardly any time to meet other Forum members and exchange 'chatter', so really looking forward
to spending some time with fellow concert addicts in Marseilles. :D :D
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

i will be in marseille and will look out for any pre information about a pre concert meetup
never been to marseille so cant make any suggestions but it would be nice to toast leonards 76th birthday and get ready for several renditions of ' hapy birthday' during the concert ! :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
holydove

Post by holydove »

I am still coming to Marseilles with my husband, we are staying at Hotel Alize, not far from Raddison Blu; we would love to be part of any meetup/celebration; if someone who is famiiliar with the area can book a place, please count us in! Thank you so much. . .

Return to “The World Tour 2010”