CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
annmarie

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Post by annmarie »

Safe trip home Leslie. Look forward to your report.
Thanks to you and Lady Di for the flourescent flares on Sun night. I hope he saw them!!
Anne :D
rmura

Post by rmura »

clionamhic wrote:I've posted a clip of A Thousand Kisses Deep from Sunday night on Youtube for those who might like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3QzdUr5nQ
Excellent audio, and a beautiful performance. Thanks for posting it.

Ron
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

rmura wrote:
clionamhic wrote:I've posted a clip of A Thousand Kisses Deep from Sunday night on Youtube for those who might like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3QzdUr5nQ
Thanks clionamhic, delighted to get this ! So many great reviews of the Lissadell concerts - particularly loved Grainnemhaoil's. Just listening to "Lover, lover,lover" in the car while bringing the groceries in ( Don't unfortunately have Leonard to do this ! ) and reminded again what a thrill it was to hear this on Saturday night, all the way from 1974. We love the band, but sometimes it is great to hear just Leonard and his guitar, as it was in the beginning, as in "A singer must die" on Saturday too, there is something very moving to think of all the years he has been playing the guitar.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
clionamhic

Post by clionamhic »

Yes, I agree, there was something very special about 'A singer must die' - just Leonard his guitar and his rapt audience!
C
Kali

Post by Kali »

Can anybody help me?.....I was at the concert on Sat 31st and loved it...... (realized I was in front of Carlowmike!!! by the photos posted) so hello,Carlowmike good to put a face on a name,,,,, ( i was in row K seat 31),

Anyhow, does anyone remember the song Leonard sang with his glasses on....He looked really cool almost yeatsian......... ??????? I would love to know what song this was I really have a blank in my memory..... `Can someone help me out because for me it was leonard in his relaxed mode!!!!!!
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Kali wrote; Anyhow, does anyone remember the song Leonard sang with his glasses on....

Tower of Song.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
Kali

Post by Kali »

thanks!!!!
Kali

Post by Kali »

Hey thanks sandarra for re-kinderling the memory of this beautiful poet with his wonderful Yeatsian glasses, but off course Cohen glasses!!

Kali
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Sandraa, these are just fab. Thanks so much. :D
John&Cath

Post by John&Cath »

Just to let Irish forum members know that there is a documentary on now 7pm, on RTE Radio 1 about the poetry of Leonard Cohen. I'm still on cloud nine after Sligo. Off to tune in.

Regards Catherine
John&Cath

Post by John&Cath »

This link might help people wanting to listen to the poetry programme on Leonard.
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thepoetryprogramme/

Regards,

Catherine
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Uploaded by "kiloindiaalfa" - beautiful video - Thanks!

There is no information that this performance was Sligo, but so far Sligo II (August 1st) is the only place that this has been performed.
And this performance contains extra verses.

"Leonard Cohen - 1000 kisses Deep - Extended version "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJUMPJJNIA

EDITING HERE - this is actually Albert Noonan's video from Albert Noonan Dublin O2, July 20, 2009 that someone else has uploaded. Not from Sligo!
Last edited by sturgess66 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Was away for the last ten days with no Internet. Missed all the contributions. Would anyone have Saturday night's version of So long Marianne and Bird on a Wire? I thought they were slightly better than Sunday night's. Here's hoping! Thanks for all the videos uploaded so far.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

jdhayes wrote:Was away for the last ten days with no Internet. Missed all the contributions. Would anyone have Saturday night's version of So long Marianne and Bird on a Wire? I thought they were slightly better than Sunday night's. Here's hoping! Thanks for all the videos uploaded so far.
Here is a link for Melissas video of So Long Marianne. The picture is shaky but the sound is fantastic and while I wasn't at the Sunday show I have watched Alberts video and Saturday was so much better. I love the way we the audience were cheering and singing along. I had this video on repeat last Saturday night as I reminisced the previous week ;-) Even now 2 weeks later and several watches I still get goosebumps listening to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkhsNZB ... __-DEdqyxQ

I haven't seen a video for Bird on a Wire though.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"

Return to “The World Tour 2010”