Songs From the Road - new live album - Sept 14, 2010

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bridger15

Re: Songs From the Road - New DVD/CD, BluRay, LP

Post by bridger15 »

MaryB wrote:And yet, even from the back, he is easily recognizable!
I feel the same way. To me, the image is quintessentially, Leonard Cohen, because (in his own script)

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
mutti

Post by mutti »

Arlene I just noticed your signature and scrapbook! It is brilliant! you are so clever..such memories...how did you ever do it.
You are a wonder woman!
Les
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Arlene, I loved the scrapbook, it's wonderful and I am sure a labor of love. I can't wait to see it after this summer!
And thanks to Leslie for pointing it out, I did not notice it down there at the bottom.

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
dannycarey

Post by dannycarey »

I found the CD/DVD package on amazon.DE,but not the bluray...I hate waiting for this,even if its not available,yet :D
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

Re the outstanding cover art, ...
2010-lc'sback.jpg
T-shirt from the Heck Of A Guy line (New & Improved Leonard Cohen Merchandise – Leonard Cohen’s Back For 2010 T-shirt at http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/18/new-i ... 0-t-shirt/)

And, from Highlights From Leonard Cohen World Tour Selected For “Songs From The Road” DVD at http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/17/highl ... -road-dvd/
Suggested Discussion Topic: The Songs From The Road cover art is the best Leonard Cohen album cover ever Vs The Songs From The Road cover art is simply the best album cover ever Vs The Songs From The Road cover art will heal the infirm, end world hunger, and bring perpetual peace to all humankind.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....but, I MUST HAVE one of those shirts!!!! When do you start production and may we pre-order?

One medium (or large if they're 100% cotton), please! Cost is no factor! ;-) :D
Shockvalue

Post by Shockvalue »

Hope they release the Blu-ray as multi region. The one advertised on Amazon.com is region 1 (USA /Canada only).
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Amazon is already advertising discount prices.
Does anyone know what the description means, "Enhanced by Leonard Cohen" ?

---Arlene

LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

bridger15 wrote: Does anyone know what the description means, "Enhanced by Leonard Cohen" ?
This is a metaphysical statement about the nature of reality, and it refers to the wonderful impact that Leonard Cohen has on all that he touches or is otherwise involved with.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

LisaLCFan wrote:
bridger15 wrote: Does anyone know what the description means, "Enhanced by Leonard Cohen" ?
This is a metaphysical statement about the nature of reality, and it refers to the wonderful impact that Leonard Cohen has on all that he touches or is otherwise involved with.
Beautifully interpreted, Lisa. Right on !!!! :D

davidrichards

Post by davidrichards »

Lisa, your interpretation may well be correct but What Does it Mean? Record Companies rarely think of anything quite so esoteric!
sincerelyssanders

Post by sincerelyssanders »

does anybody know if this will be available in a digital format, like iTunes?
sirius

Post by sirius »

Songs From the Road

Leonard Cohen to release live CD/DVD set

By Joe Marvilli on July 27th, 2010 in News

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/07/2 ... cddvd-set/

Leonard Cohen has had an amazing past couple of years. With his 40th anniversary as a Columbia artist in 2007 to his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2008, the legendary songwriter took advantage of these career milestones with a critically-acclaimed tour that went around the globe.

But it doesn’t stop there, folks. If you missed out on his trek last time around, you’re in luck. Songs From the Road, a brand new 12-song concert CD and DVD, will be released on September 14th via Columbia/Legacy, reports DirectCurrent.

As the title perhaps indicates, the release won’t focus on just one choice date. Instead, Songs From The Road will offer snapshots from his world tour at a variety of locals, such as Ramat Gan Stadium in Tel Aviv, the Royal Albert Hall in London, and the 2009 Coachella Music Festival.

If you love bonus features, this release is chock-full of them. The DVD and Blu-ray will include a 20-minute “behind the scenes” backstage interview with the individual band members, conducted by Leonard’s daughter, Lorca Cohen. Still holding out for more? How about two different sets of annotations, one being a rare album liner notes essay written by Leon Wieseltier and the other being detailed track-by-track insider’s commentary written by producer of sound/video recording Ed Sanders? Yeah, we thought you’d like that.

The footage, which was filmed in high-def and recorded in 5.1 surround sound, and the rest of the aforementioned will be released in two different packages. The DVD+CD package will be an oversized 2-disc softpak, similar to last year’s release of Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970. The Blu-ray will be in a standard amray case. If you just want the audio, a gatefold, 180 gram vinyl LP of the 12 tracks will be available as well.

The tracklist found below is the same across all editions of the release.

Tracklist for Songs From the Road:

01. Lover, Lover, Lover (Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel, September 24, 2009)
02. Bird On the Wire (Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, Scotland, November 6, 2008)
03. Chelsea Hotel (Royal Albert Hall, London, England, November 17, 2008)
04. Heart With No Companion (Oberhausen King Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen, Germany, November 2, 2008)
05. That Don’t Make it Junk (O2 Arena, London, England, November 13, 2008)
06. Waiting for the Miracle (HP Pavilion, San Jose, California, November 13, 2009)
07. Avalanche (Gothenburg Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 12, 2008)
08. Suzanne (MENA Arena, Manchester, England, November 30, 2008)
09. The Partisan (Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland, October 10, 2008)
10. Famous Blue Raincoat (O2 Arena, London, England, November 13, 2008)
11. Hallelujah (Coachella Music Festival, Indio, California, April 17, 2009)
12. Closing Time (John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario, May 24, 2009)
We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Last night I watched the BluRay (got it for screening in Krakow). It is wonderful, absolutely stunning!!!! Special thanks go to Ed Sanders has has worked so hard for several months between the tours, to select and edit the best outtakes of these songs! The BluRay version makes use of all the extra values that Higfh Definition offers. Ed has also written very interesting liner notes to explain why this footage has been chosen.

PS. those of us who were for instance in San José last year may notice some familiar faces in the front rows during a short (very short) moment in the beginning of a song or two.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

jarkko wrote: PS. those of us who were for instance in San José last year may notice some familiar faces in the front rows during a short (very short) moment in the beginning of a song or two.
The thought of this thrills and scares me at the same time. :lol: Of course I'd LOVE to spot myself in that audience shot...I would just hope I didn't look *too* insanely rapturous or something. :roll:
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Return to “News”