News Story

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
bee

Post by bee »

WO- a very good suggestion :) it is time for me to start thinkin' art again, thank you- did not mean to patronise or such, juss herr binladen blew me up :evil:
GW- i am NOT a russian jew, so that would make harder to understand my posts, because only the jews should remember what was going on all over that "enlightened" continent, right?
anyway WO is right- i am going to listen to his advice 8)
bee
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao to the Owl!

Why should Bee do the shutting up?

Do not you, the Witty Owl, make pronouncements on everything. YOu give your opinion. Many, many times you pontificate. And shout out names, bad names, to those in government you dislike. You have been very patronizing of the government of the USA. Now! When Europe is being patronized, you, (the Owl) say STOP! STOP!

You are biggest bigot on the Board. You should get a sign to put in automobile window that says "Bigot on Board"!!!

You do not like it when the shoe is on the other foot! Silly, Silly Owl!

Vesuvius

P.S. Why do you say "Best Regards" after you insult people? I have always wanted to know the answer to that question.
bee

Post by bee »

Vesuvius- gracia mille :)
juss having this thought- bothers me a bit- how come, when all kinds of people are crying about the rotten deal for palestinian people, nobody ever is asking- hey, are u a palestinian, why does that bother u?
when somebody talks about the murder of millions european jews- there always comes a question- are u a jew?
bee
Insanitor

Post by Insanitor »

You're right it wasn't only the jews that were killed (as you've comprehensively illustrated here).

So why do you think??
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Apologies, Bee. It was a statement out of order. If power corrupts, then God might not be perfect??
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Epurcelly

Post by Epurcelly »

Vesuvius wrote: P.S. Why do you say "Best Regards" after you insult people? I have always wanted to know the answer to that question.
Ves- When I am not bogged down with my dog grooming, I sometimes pick up some work as a hired assassin for the Catholic Church. For some reason, when my "subject" is on his\her 65th glass of water, the glass which ultimately kills them, I kiss their under-arm, take a shallow breath, and tell them that I have fallen deeply in love. Why is this?
ep
jmflash

Post by jmflash »

Bee, in that list of atrocities you gave, I don't know why you would think that I would be in support of any of these things. My point is that you should be offended by all violence, not just certain forms of violence. What does European history tell me? It tells me that there are very few people in the world that actually believe and follow in the teachings of Christ, those being turn the other cheek and love thy enemy. You pointed out the fatwa against Salman Rushdie. Imagine if a book was released having Jesus in an orgy scene. I think the KKK would kill the author in a matter of days. Remember when The Last Temptation of Christ came out and movie theatres were bombed. And what about Martin Luther King, Jr.? Wasn't he a Christian? Wasn't he killed by Christians, and outcast by a so-called Christian nation? Why? Because he preached non-violence. And where do you get off thinking I am on the side of Hitler and Stalin. I ask again, who is closer to Hitler, bin Laden or Bush? Please give me reasons in your answer. And my being opposed to America does not mean that I would be in support of some kind of authoritarian Muslim state where women are locked indoors. The point is I am against power and violence. Who is the world's lone superpower? America. So by neccessity since they have the most power, they are the most evil. Power does not tend to corrupt, power is corrupt. And I put the question to you again: Are you more offended by Sep. 11 or by the murder of 1 million Iraqi children? I ask this question because at the heart of it lies the even greater question: Are you offended by violence, or are you only offended by violence which is directed at you and those near you?
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Epur!

Are you Byron?

I asked Byron why he says "Regards" after he finishes insulting people.

Vesuvius

P.S. Have you decided what age you are?
Tim

Post by Tim »

bee - your apology accepted, which I've only just read. thanks :)

Best regards :wink:
bee

Post by bee »

JMFlash
it is hard for me to understand yo antiamerican stand, but juss one more time i will say smth- quess u don't read much-
besided the many camps mullah omar allowed ben laden in afghanistan, where they where doing everything from testing poison gas on dogs, to all types of military training, and primitive chemical labs. to the horrors inflicted on the non pashtun people of afghanistan. who are by the way the majority of the people of the country. some 60% of the population.

the taliban murdered tens of thousands of shiia hazara in the middle of the country. they also killed many thousands of tadjiks on the shomali plain to the east of kabul, and in mazar e sharif, as well as asassinating the leader of the northern alliance, massoud. and in general a total reign of terror on anybody that disagreed with them. including the many tens of thousands of middle class, prosfessional women of kabul, and even worse, without medical care the horrid death rates for afghani women during childbirth. the taliban murdered countless thousands, they allowed the butcher playboy ben laden access to run terrorist camps across all of afghanistan.

your mentionaing about thousends of iraqi children, juss where and how and how is usa responsible? please tell facts!

maybe we should have allowed milosovic, mladic, and karatic, the right to slaughter more european muslims in bosnia and hercecogovina, in the sanjak mountains of montenegro, in the mass ethnic cleansing and murder of the albanian people of kosovo.
do you really think that one single boy or man would have been killed by the serbian butchers in srebrenica if those soldiers had been- american soldiers in american tanks?
and not the sad contingent of dutch troops in itty bity un tanks, who where pushed asside by the serbian butchers. who then separated the men and boys from the women and girls, and in a "serb" euphamism, went on a rabbit shoot, which meant the slaughter of 8-10,000 muslim men and boys. the international court at the hague is still trying to get its hands on those butchers.

i do believe that bosnia is better off without karatic and miladic. yugoslavia is much better off without milosovic. iraq better off without the butcher saddam. and the people of afghanistan better off without the stone age monstrosities of the taliban. much of this was achieved by those evil americans. boo hoo.

if not for america, my people would still be living in the wonderfull republic of soviet latvia. with a fast dying latvian language and culture, and the total soviet and russian amnesia for the crimes they committed against the baltic people. including the murder of over 180,000 latvian men and boys by stalin in the thirties, who lived outside of latvia. and the mass deportations of 'year of horror" and the massmord of russian re-occupation of latvia after the war.

if not for america. the other varient would have also been a reality. that of the nazi deathhead ruling over a large part of the world. and the "inferior" latvian people dispersed somewhere in far russia by the great reich, and replaced by germanic settlers in the drang nach osten.

yea america is real bad.
and really one cant see the difference between bush and ben laden, right
lets have a world run by the talibans, and the ben ladens, and the saddams of iraq, and the assads of syria. and the turkish butchers of the kurds and armenians.. and the mad bombers of jamiah islamiah of indonesia. and of course the political progeny of hitler and franco and mussolini and the running dogs of milosovic and miladic running the world. what a great world that would be. perfect for dreamers and analphabets of politics and history

well, jmflash- i did not answer yo questions? my be not, but than again, if u try, u might still have some answers 8)
bee
Kush

Post by Kush »

The situation in Afghanistan during Taliban was particularly sad for women. This was not S. Arabia where women never even knew any kind of freedoms. Afghanistan was a more or less modern society (atleast in the cities) pre-Taliban where there were thousands of women doctors, lawyers, civil engineers etc etc. Literally overnight it was converted to a prehistoric society following ancient tribal laws. No education for women etc etc. they had to stay at home. Obviously female doctors could not practice (they had to stay home and covered all the time) and male doctors were not allowed to treat female patients. So basically female patients were on their own or treated at home without any access to medical facilities etc etc. Also honor killings etc etc became the norm in which women where particularly affected.
So if a guy rapes a girl, all female family members of the guy were subjected to rape sometimes in public etc etc. The guy goes unpunished.
Those of you here who are trying to be so understanding of Bin Laden's world please know the facts before posting.
bee

Post by bee »

thank u Kush, u said it,
Jmflash
juss one mo thought-

that though a -"superpower", america has done many things that though they are in its interest they also help the "other party". like the whole marshall plan. and the defense of south korea. and though you and i can have huge disagreements about iraq, if there can be an establishment of some type of "pseudo democratic" regime, or one at least that answers to the needs of most of the people of iraq, then maybe american would have done the iraqi people a rather big favor. i do understand that everything in the world is done for the purposes of self agrandisement. but i would proffer to you that america, has been the least "imperialistic", in the full meaning of that term, of the other superpowers or imperial powers of the world. like russia, like great britain, like france, like germany, even like small belgium and its huge colony in the belgium congo, which was hugely pilaged and exploited by the belgian monarchy. to the point that basket of ears and noses of natives of the congo would be given to the king as homage to the power of his rule. el disgusto. :cry:
bee
Kush

Post by Kush »

Oh and all music was banned. No music. Period. It was considered evil. Not even at home. So all radios and TVs were destroyed.
bee

Post by bee »

thank u Kush-

JMFlash-
"You pointed out the fatwa against Salman Rushdie. Imagine if a book was released having Jesus in an orgy scene. I think the KKK would kill the author in a matter of days. "
u "think" the kkk would have :?: but it did not, did it? when the comedians -g.carlin&co and late tv shows would laugh at christ in every pathetic way- did smth. happen to them? did kkk chop off the head of g.carlin?
"What does European history tell me? It tells me that there are very few people in the world that actually believe and follow in the teachings of Christ, those being turn the other cheek and love thy enemy."- jmflash
don't be such a naive shmuck- was we talkin' religion? or politics&history and eva braun boy-ben laden?
bee
bee

Post by bee »

G. wrighte- :D thank u, wanted to send u a poem -sulamite- juss cant find it, i will as soon as i gets it :)
bee

Return to “Comments & Questions”