Presale to Odense

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Presale to Odense

Post by jarkko »

We had a presale to ODENSE on April 16-17. The presale is now closed.

(Concert on August 14 at Einar Engen, Odense, Denmark)

The tickets are now on public sale.
http://www.billetnet.dk/search.php?conv ... nard+cohen
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jettes

Re: PRESALE TO ODENSE ON APRIL 16 !

Post by jettes »

Good news. Thanks!
sander

Post by sander »

Thanks, just bought 4 tickets and look forward to seeing the Man again. Hope to meet more wonderful fans and cross my fingers for the Danish summer.
Regards
Peter Sander
kasper_j

Post by kasper_j »

Thank you very very much. Just ordered 3 tickets, and august cant come fast enough!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Thanks to everyone that made this presale possible. After seing him on his last tour I would never have imagined the great man coming to Denmark yet again!
Lars Z

Re: PRESALE TO ODENSE

Post by Lars Z »

Count me in. We have just cancelled our summer holiday in Britain to see the greatest poet ever.
sanneka

Post by sanneka »

My sister just told me she had bought my birthday gift early:
Tickets to the Leonard Cohen concert in Odense on August 14, 2010. I don't think I will be able to sleep from now on, I am so excited. Saw him two years ago in Aarhus, Denmark
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Odense seems to be already sold out !
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:Odense seems to be already sold out !
Billetnet.dk often release more tickets after the initial rush (they did this for the Copenhagen and Aarhus shows in 2008) so keep checking the site if you're still looking for tickets.

Wendy
holydove

Re: Presale to Odense

Post by holydove »

We have tickets to this concert, for which I am very grateful & excited, but I have a question: my husband said that all the tickets were one price, & from my research, it looks like this will be an outdoor concert in a meadow (sounds beautiful!); but if it's true that all the tickets are the same price, how does it work in terms of seating/standing (maybe everyone will be standing? or some sitting, some standing?); and is it first come, first serve - will people be lining up/camping out in order to be as close to LC as possible? Does anyone out there know anything about this? Thanks. . .
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

According to Billetnet, the Odense show is all standing (Ståplads). This is common in Denmark. I have never seen Leonard in Denmark but we do go over there fairly frequently for concerts and festivals - we're off again in a couple of weeks. Based on our experience, I would say that some people will almost certainly stand in line all day (the Runrig fans typically start c. 8.00 or 9.00 am) but most people will arrive in the hour or two before "doors". It all depends where you want to stand. Start early if you want centre front but if you don't mind being 3 or 4 rows back and/ or standing a bit to the side, you can probably take a more relaxed approach. Watch out for the scrum when the gates open and be prepared to run if you want the front!

A couple of other thoughts: make sure you are well prepared with good waterproofs if there is a chance of rain (I always take small plastic bags to put my passport and mobile phone etc in after one particular deluge destroyed a friend's cell phone) and take a warm jacket or fleece as it can get cold as the evening wears on.

Good luck and enjoy the show!

Wendy
holydove

Post by holydove »

Mabeanie, thank you so much for the info & your prompt response - at least I will be psychologically prepared, & to some degree physically (with plastic bags, rain gear and/or warm jacket in tow) - beyond that, I can only hope that my legs (& other body parts involved) will serve me well that night!! Thanks again. . .

Edit. . .do you (or anyone else) know how many people this venue can hold?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

holydove wrote:Edit. . .do you (or anyone else) know how many people this venue can hold?
I don't know this particular venue but other outdoor concert venues we know in Denmark typically hold 5 - 6,000. Maybe someone who is local knows better?

Wendy
Lisbeth

Post by Lisbeth »

From: http://www.kulturisyd.dk/Default.aspx?I ... &NewsID=64
Leonard Cohen
The charismatic singer Leonard Cohen, who hardly need any further introduction, is precisely set to join the Songwriters' Hall Of Fame.

This summer visitors Canadian and his world-class musicians again Denmark. This time in Odense, where he can be experienced in the scenic meadow by mistress beech.

Enthusiastic critics - enthusiastic audience
Leonard Cohen has triumphed through Europe and in July 2008 could see him at two outdoor concerts.

In Copenhagen, he sang into the hearts of 11,000 concert at a sold out concert, with Rosenborg Castle and sunset as a perfect backdrop. The day after he played an almost sold out concert in equally beautiful surroundings of City Hall Park in Aarhus and in October he appeared in a sold out Forum for a very enthusiastic audience.

With great reviews from both journalists and concert goers are there in other words, every reason to look forward to Leonard Cohen gives outdoor concert in Odense 14th August.
The concert in Odense is the only one in Denmark, and all 8,000 tickets are standing.

Perfect setting
Engen, mistress beech, is a beautifully situated pasture, approx. 4 km from Odense city center. Odense River runs right past, and the square is surrounded by forest on all sides. There is a small lake in the immediate vicinity, and although there is plenty of room for a major concert works under both idyllic and intimate.

It is the same space as Odense Municipality uses Opera in the Meadow, and there have also been other events with many spectators, including celebrated every year St. His in the Meadow.

There is no doubt that the framework would be perfect for an artist who through the years has cultivated its expression down to the smallest detail. It will be a beautiful evening on the meadow!
Enjoy the concert :)
holydove

Post by holydove »

Lisbeth - thank you so much for posting that article - I am now tingling with joyous anticipation - it sounds utterly majestic!! Thank you again. . .

Editing. . . my main concern is whether I will be able to see the stage at all, because I am not tall (only 5ft.), & with everyone standing. . . of course, I'm sure the sound will be as enveloping & magical as always, so it will still be wonderful - and I guess there will be screens?

Return to “The World Tour 2010”