What to do with the Politics?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
MaryB

Re: What to do with the Politics?

Post by MaryB »

Wybe wrote:Efc / Rob,

As I told you in my PM, if you don’t stop with your insulting postings to other members of the forum I will remove you as a member. And you did it again, so I removed you (efc) as a member.

Wybe

Yippee! Thank you Wybe!

But who's to say that he won't come back under another name? :roll:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Does he stand to get voted back for a second term?
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

I gave him a fair chance, but he has not used it.
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

not like his American "hero" then...
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG »

My response to developments is gratuitious, but, for what it's worth, here I go anyway:

thanks Wybe. I don't believe efc was capable of appreciating that difference (and I used this example before -- forgive the repetition) between free speech and yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Gina - you hit the nail on the head!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

(This is 'by the by' concerning the true meaning of this thread - and I was 'umming and 'arring trying to decide whether to post on this or not...

But... I appear to have played a part in the last straw for efc - I had no idea that he has obviously upset enough people for this to happen.

I don't regret anything that I have posted mind you... I hope I don't sound like I am being paranoid! I didn't know whether to acknowledge it all or not - but you're all such nice guys - and I think you're all getting to know me well by now (apologies ;-) ), so I probably didn't need to have said anything anyways...

A
x)
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Cate

straws

Post by Cate »

Hi Alsiony - It very much seems that this was going to happen regardless. it's just that by chance, when it did happen, he was jumping up and down on your straw - If it hadn't been your straw it would have been somebody else's.
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

I know that you are right Cate :) - I was having an English moment about it really (though a genuine moment that I sincerely mean)...as in it would've been rude for me to not atleast acknowledge events and respond accordingly.
I'm hardly what you would call a female equivalent of a stuttering Hugh Grant - but I am an English-woman nevertheless! Anyhows - enough from me on it ;)

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Tony

Post by Tony »

It's a hard life but that's the way it goes. Some you win, some you lose - just like politics. Looks as if he is a loser.
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

I have noticed since the ban my "ignore" isn't working - I can now see the posts
To err is human
To forgive is against government policy

JTS
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Shhhh, Shhhh
It's, oh, so quiet shh,shh
It's, oh, so still shh,shh
You're all alone shh, shh
And so peaceful until...
Bjork

Peace and quiet have broken out for now
Evie B
:)
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Perhaps we can get back to Jarkko's question now?

Wendy
Paula

Post by Paula »

We don't need to Wendy - problem solved.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
merton

Post by merton »

Hi Jarkko,

While I regret the decision to end the Politics section, I’m stunned by its removal.. It’s as if it never happened. The contributions at times were intemperate, indiscriminate, sometimes insulting, but very often insightful and informative. By and large the contributors struck me as committed and I wonder if the removal is a fair way of acknowledging deeply held views.
Is it possible to recover the link to the section and perhaps lock it? Even if only for posterity and historical records I think it is important to acknowledge its existence .
Perhaps there is a link elsewhere that I have not seen?

All the best,
Merton

Return to “News”