Muffins or War

This is for your own works!!!

Muffins (lightly toasted with perhaps a little strawberry jelly) or a *just* War with not very many casulaties

I prefer a Just war
21%
I prefer just muffins
79%

Total votes: 72
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

I have been watching GWB on television talking to a room full of reporters. He was saying to the reporters that our troops are winning and the unrest this week was from gangs who want to cause trouble before the change over of sovereignty.
I honestly coudn't believe what I was watching. It was exactly the same as that famous Iraqi Spokesman who used to stand in front of a room of reporters and say that their troops were winning and they were defeating the coilition and were clearing them from the airport, when we were all watching the coilition troops taking and controlling the airport. He was a joke and many websites grew out of his constant extolling of how well the Iraqi army was winning.
I have just seen a similar joke standing in front of reporters and making as big a fool of himself as that Iraqi spokesman. Mohhamed Saaid al Sahaf, I think was his name.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This makes me glad I don't watch, TV, Byron. It's all I can take to listen to it all on NPR.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Byron
I just saw the same clip on the news. I didn't like the way GWB was smiling.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Pete, do you mean 'smirk' ?
I'm sending you a pm on something completely different.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Pete

Post by Pete »

You're right Byron
it was a smirk...... an unnerving smirk.

Got your pms....reply on its way

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I 'dare not' comment more on these latest postings [included my own]. I would get toooo far into it and carried away [albeit legitimately :cry: ]. My heart breaks daily with every newscast I hear on NPR [distinctive from the standard-broadcast stations, as it interviews people and does in-depth reporting]. It is not my desire to go to New York with the 'bad blood of ill-will' on my hands. I know there are those who strongly disagree with my stance [which has never changed since pre-Iraq war] and my stance is well known to anyone who's been here since that time. I don't wish to stir up all this from my end, in that I hope it will not be a topic at the Event, and to do that would increase the likelihood of that being first on people's minds at first meetings. However, I'm reading carefully and taking in everything that everyone else has to say here. I will go so far as to say that the "smirk" and "unnerving smirk" are accurate depictions of the facial expression. I pray for Americans. I pray for Iraqis. I pray for Britons, Japanese, Chinese, Czechs, Koreans, Aussies, Spanish, and all of the other young and old, who are there and have been sent to fight and die for.............." :shock: :cry:

~ Elizabeth
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK »

Well, as a citizen of the U.S.A., I would like to apologize to the rest of the planet for our shithead of a president.

He must be voted out of office in November. The damage he has done in less than 4 years is monumental. Not only globally, but our internal organs aren't working so well either.

We will try our best to get the culprit out of there in November. Amen.

Regards,
Laurie
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

So agreed, Laurie. The latest stats on Kerry's personal, financial status don't make him much of the 'common man,' either :shock: :( ~ it seems Dean's shout was heavily his undoing. If only he'd contained himself in that moment, we might have a hope. However, I can't see how it could get any worse than having Bush for another 4 years. He's the known commodity here....and, in that, not the preferred!

~ Elizabeth

Whoops, not doing so well on keeping my mouth shut.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Who on Earth do you choose now? I'm glad I don't have that choice. I will just have to be like the rest of the World and learn to live with the eventual choice.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That would definitely be the problem at this point, Byron. Voting for Nader is [unfortunately] a vote 'for' Bush. Likewise, a write-in for Dean is the same. I got an e-mail from MoveOn.org, which I need to review. They are supporting Kerry, and feel much the same as I do regarding the [real] 'state of the union' :cry: !

Perhaps, being a 'money mogul' does not necessarily mean Kerry can't advocate and implement programs and policies on behalf of the 'common man.' I know that at least a fair amount of money came through his wife's inheritance. I heard her speak [via an NPR segment] and she sounds compassionate and reasonable. Maybe he really is, too. So, we'll see. Or, at least I hope we'll get that chance!!!
Byron

Post by Byron »

"She sounds" how she wants you to hear her sound.
We had a Prime Minister who stood on the steps of 10 Downing Street and quoted uplifting spiritual discourse from one of the greatest Christians ever........"Where there is disharmony etc., etc.,....." and she then went on to drive the unions into the earth, after giving the police a massive pay rise, so that they would do her bidding.
Yep, I'm afraid it still holds true.....whoever we vote for we get the government.
Judge a man by his deeds, not his words. You may hate his face, voice, attitude, arrogance, views and his family and the hangers-on, but ignore all of that. Watch what he does. Judge him by his actions. Then judge him by his deliberate inactions. For doing nothing can be the hardest task of all.
And you are not voting for his wife. She sleeps with him and gives him children. He must stay awake to be aware of what he must know and must do. I am a feminist. One day I hope to see a black woman as President of the U.S. But it is her brain you must vote for. Not the man she sleeps with.
Listen to the words and disect them. How they are said is a mask which hides their true meaning. Try saying something really gross and sickening, but in a happy tone of voice. The impact is in the tone and not the words.
We think things are bad now. I have to put all of my faith in the minds (not the hearts) of your voters. Reason and perception have been in short supply. I hope they become a renewed form of currency in the months to come.
Regards from Byron.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Byron ~

You're preaching to the choir on this one ["sounds" being the clue], but I still loved your sermon! What follows in your posting are all the related [and parenthetical] truths incorporated in my "sounds." Everything you've said bears repeating, and thank you for doing so 8) !

I particularly love your highly-quotable quote:
"Judge a man by his deeds, not his words. You may hate his face, voice, attitude, arrogance, views and his family and the hangers-on, but ignore all of that. Watch what he does. Judge him by his actions. Then judge him by his deliberate inactions. For doing nothing can be the hardest task of all."
Nothing more need be said on that one!

~ Elizabeth
Byron

Post by Byron »

I have just heard 'that' word used by a senior politician. It was used on national radio news broadcasts.
What is 'that' word?
~conscription~ also used at the same time were the words ~ the draft~
So it looks as though history is a never ending circle of the right spoke not knowing what the left spoke has done. Again.
Can 'the choir' please start to sing a little louder, but sotto voce please?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, yes. Since violence has increased in you-know-where; and some other countries are pulling out their own troops from you-know-where; and more of our own troops are getting killed and injured in you-know-where; and because we continue to add on various conflict areas all over the world; and because our active armed forces are limited; and the promises of the Reserves/National Guard here have been repeatedly broken, which leads to distrust and fewer joining ~ they are thinking of reinstituting the 'draft' over here, just to 'adequately' man all the 'fires.' Persistent comparing to Viet Nam is on the rise.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Actually, the military is not having a tough time getting recruits. Recruitment is up for all branches and retention is not a problem either.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/read ... tNum=45276

M

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”